First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply People who "Argue" On Forums
11702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 10/10/14
I find it annoying when on top of all that, he/she throws a wall of text and follows me to whatever thread I go to to slam me with another wall of text.
Posted 3/29/14
How dare they exist.
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 10/10/14
They are having fun, don't you know that there is a certain pleasure you can get from disapproving of someone?


8398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / the internet
Offline
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 10/10/14
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/29/14

Fili-Pinoy wrote:


trmjkd989 wrote:


Qoureno wrote:

just ignore them. Such people ain't worth your time, really


This.

I used to be a loud-mouthed hot head when I was younger. But now that I've gotten older, I just find myself not even caring anymore. Some "arguments" aren't even logical arguments to begin with. So throwing yourself into that mix just leads to headaches.


But it is occasionally fun to dump fuel in the fire, as long as you got get yourself caught in it. Even better is attempting to argue with logic and civility and testing your patience.



Usually when I test my patience... I fail.



2551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / space
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
i get irrated that if i speak like this, people think im a troll when im not! i dont even troll on this site that much i take my frustraition on other sites. it seems that you have to spell like this> So, People wont think you`re a troll! i hate the whole troll thing i wish it didnt even exist! goood people like me are being called trolls waht is happing 2 the world :(
7678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
I think it's pointless.
PauPow 
31172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
I agree that it is annoying when some people have that attitude but it also pretty easy to see what's their intention. I usually do two different things in an online argument:

1) If I think that there is any chance that the person didn't understand my post correctly, I try to explain it. It is hard sometimes to tell people's intention behind a post... Meaning are their being serious or sarcastic? Misunderstandings are to be expected.

2) If the comments is the classic "that's not true" (without explaining why), answering something completely unrelated with the question, taking something out of context to make a point, correcting the grammar without answering the question or just the generic racist, misogynistic, homophobic generic rant, I just clicked on ignore. It is obvious that the only thing that those people want is provoke you. You are actually doing them a favor in grab your "virtual" boxing gloves and jump to answer their rant because they are just desperate for attention. If you answer to their rant you are actually sending this message "I do care about what you think"...
31009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 3/29/14

Gyava wrote:

Does this irritate anyone else?

Just F.Y.I., it doesn't make you seem any smarter or make your "argument" any stronger by calling the other person stupid. Kudos to the people who actually argue like sensible people instead of only throwing names at each other.


Well, people do this because this is over the internet, they do not see face to face. People think that the person they are talking about hasn't read anything that they have just said and just feel like they aren't "getting" it, so they just start to insult the person because they think they are either ignorant or just too arrogant to admit defeat. Well that goes both ways, even if it's a person who is defending something stupid without facts or whatever to prove he's right.


And yeah it sorta irritates me, but well, everyone has been down that road at some point -.-
2444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Anime World
Offline
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 10/10/14
Whenever I see an argument on the internet, I just grab popcorn and enjoy the rest of the show. Also, people who say "nuff said" are annoying to me.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
yeah kinda experiencing that now on you tube, there's 3 people arguing on a comment I made and it's gotten way off topic, one guy likes calling everyone stupid F**Ktards, he also tried to insult me by saying I'm an adult who likes anime......
17562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
I think the people who argue immaturely like that either don't have the skills to put a factual and and academic opinion together, with evidence to back it up, or they know they're wrong and don't know what else to say other than "you're wrong you're invalid not listening".
PauPow 
31172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 3/29/14
INTERNET POST THAT YOU SHOULD IGNORE

A) The JUDGE. Favorites sentences are "that's not true" or "you are lying" (without explaining why). He/she already decided for you, don't bother.

B) The LOST ONE. Answers constantly something completely unrelated with the question. The "Where's Waldo?" of the online community or the Internet equivalent of a lost puppy (not really bright but kind of charming).

C) The ANALYZER. Taking something out of context to make a point. He/She wanted to be a chemist and loves to analyze every single sentence looking for hidden messages (Loves The da Vince Code and quotes movies that you can't even spell).

D) The STRAIGHT JACKET. Generic angry rant by using capital letters for everything. (example, you were talking about the weather and suddenly that made him angry). Has issues, DO NOT replay under any circumstances and do not give him your address or phone number. Favorite movie "The Silence of the Lambs", for some weird reason he/she is into serial killers.

E) The LIBRARIAN. "That question was answered already in 1978" is their favorite post. For some weird reason he/she acts like the administrator (even though nobody knows who he/she is and nobody is paying him/her).

F) The CONDESCENDING. He/She tends to agree with you but some reason still sounds like your mom/dad is giving you a lecture. Loves to repeat exactly the same message that you just posted but with fancier vocabulary (loves to use Google).

G) The TEACHER. Corrects your grammar without answering the question. Loves to "grade your paper" without answering your questions or giving you extra credit. Loves to embarrassed people "in front of everyone". He/She is ALWAYS online.

H) The BIGOT. Generic racist, misogynistic, homophobic generic rant. his/her post are often not even related with the subject at hand. Don't bother either, he/she just using Internet as free anger therapy. His/Her best friend is case D (The STRAIGHT JACKET), they act like friends but they hate each other.

I) The HORNY ONE. No matter if you were talking about pies, the weather or the last episode of the Walking Dead... everything has a sexual overtones. Strangely enough he/she is the only one who "gets it". His Internet search history has STDs.

J) The OVER SUPPORTIVE. At the beginning he/she sounds like a friendly person... until you realized that he agrees with you 100% of the time 24/7. No matter if you are talking about killing puppies or molesting whales, he is in!

To all those messages from A to J.... You should clicked on ignore. Even watching filling episodes in the random anime of your choice sounds like a better plan. Have fun!

By Pau.
11618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/29/14
What I want to know is why people make threads that everyone knows about and agree's on so theres really no room for discussion.
PauPow 
31172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/14 , edited 3/29/14

Wrathfulram wrote:

What I want to know is why people make threads that everyone knows about and agree's on so theres really no room for discussion.


Because is nice to have posts when people agree on something instead of reading people insulting each other for no reason. Also, there is room for discussion since the main post says that he is bothered by those comments. Someone could argue that there is no reason to be bothered by those type of comments and you should not be affected by them (not my personal opinion but if Internet showed us something is that there is always room for argument).

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.