First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply People who "Argue" On Forums
20373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 6/10/14

-King wrote:

I hate Attack on Titan, One Piece, Dragon ball Z, Steins Gate, Code Geass and omg fuck Gintama it sucks shit also don't even get me started on hunter x hunter Am i right guys?

+1000
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/10/14 , edited 6/10/14

-King wrote:

I hate Attack on Titan, One Piece, Dragon ball Z, Steins Gate, Code Geass and omg fuck Gintama it sucks shit also don't even get me started on hunter x hunter Am i right guys?



ThtGy 
12477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / St. Louis, MO
Offline
Posted 6/10/14
How to lose an argument on the Internet
Step 1: Argue on the Internet
Rohzek 
8349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/10/14 , edited 6/10/14
True academic arguments on the internet are a gem. Sometimes you will come across them. Most of the time, when you make an academic argument yourself, you simply come off as arrogant when you back your stuff up with facts, etc. Or people simply lose interest because of TLDR.

I've done both myself, troll/pleb arguments and academic arguments on the net. To me, it's not that big of a problem. Everything seems to sort itself out somehow, like some sort of guiding invisible hand. Once people try to enforce one type of argument over the other in the more casual forums, I begin to worry that too much regulatory power has been given to a specific individual who enforces said policy.

At the end of the day, when things reach a boiling point for me, I have to remind myself it's the internet. I can either leave it be or shift gears and trash the person who pisses me off. Either way, there is no grand effect upon me or anyone else, save maybe I get a few giggles to myself.
10588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/10/14 , edited 6/10/14

Rohzek wrote:

True academic arguments on the internet are a gem. Sometimes you will come across them. Most of the time, when you make an academic argument yourself, you simply come off as arrogant when you back your stuff up with facts, etc. Or people simply lose interest because of TLDR.

I've done both myself, troll/pleb arguments and academic arguments on the net. To me, it's not that big of a problem. Everything seems to sort itself out somehow, like some sort of guiding invisible hand. Once people try to enforce one type of argument over the other in the more casual forums, I begin to worry that too much regulatory power has been given to a specific individual who enforces said policy.

At the end of the day, when things reach a boiling point for me, I have to remind myself it's the internet. I can either leave it be or shift gears and trash the person who pisses me off. Either way, there is no grand effect upon me or anyone else, save maybe I get a few giggles to myself.


^This. Sir, you literally took the words out of my mouth.
2892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Vancouver, WA. (T...
Offline
Posted 6/10/14

ThtGy wrote:

How to lose an argument on the Internet
Step 1: Argue on the Internet


THAT'S IT!!!
16347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Osaka, Jp.
Offline
Posted 6/11/14

Rohzek wrote:

True academic arguments on the internet are a gem. Sometimes you will come across them. Most of the time, when you make an academic argument yourself, you simply come off as arrogant when you back your stuff up with facts, etc. Or people simply lose interest because of TLDR.

I've done both myself, troll/pleb arguments and academic arguments on the net. To me, it's not that big of a problem. Everything seems to sort itself out somehow, like some sort of guiding invisible hand. Once people try to enforce one type of argument over the other in the more casual forums, I begin to worry that too much regulatory power has been given to a specific individual who enforces said policy.

At the end of the day, when things reach a boiling point for me, I have to remind myself it's the internet. I can either leave it be or shift gears and trash the person who pisses me off. Either way, there is no grand effect upon me or anyone else, save maybe I get a few giggles to myself.

I don't agree, troll/shit-fling arguments don't serve a purpose to anyone, they're usually not even amusing. If you want your site to be privy to more interesting debates on serious subjects, better take measures to filter out that kind of stuff. Seriously, nothing of value is lost when you ban personal insults.
Phersu 
33099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Existence.
Offline
Posted 6/11/14 , edited 6/11/14
I am existing in this thread without arguing, therefore I am the winner.

Crown me your king and bring me your finest virgins.
11382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/14 , edited 6/11/14

Sogno- wrote:


Lowlights wrote:

ur all stupid omggg


drat! the secret's out



rip in peace privacy


Phersu wrote:

I am existing in this thread without arguing, therefore I am the winner.

Crown me your king and bring me your finest virgins.


I'm a fine virgin, take me
30410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Omnipresent
Offline
Posted 6/11/14
Ehhhh, "Arguer's gunna Argue!" Just try Your best to dodge the Flames when, and if You can.
24352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 6/11/14
I don't really understand why people think arguing online is any different to doing it face to face. It can be just as stupid off the computer.
6458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/11/14
I grab popcorn and watch what happens next.
13055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/14
Haha, I know it's idiotic, but I get so offended and combative whenever someone opposes my opinions, especially when I'm proven wrong.
1361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
99 / Candyland
Offline
Posted 6/14/14
I don't know. I like "arguments" because they make you think and question things on the subject. I do agree that trolls just tell you are wrong than giving a full reason towards. Which is why I will always feel they are just grabbing for attention, bored, or need somewhere to drop all of that hate they have. Of course, no one wants to be told they are wrong. Kinda feels strange when we were told that mistakes makes us grow and be a better person.
1275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / murrica
Offline
Posted 6/14/14
Neckbeards ave nothing better to do.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.