WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
Post Reply Your favorite MMO?
Scientist Moderator
Creator
digs 
52086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
Hey everyone? What kind of MMO's are your favorites? Do you like FPS games, MMORPGs, arcade style games or others? What kind of online gamer are you?

I personally tend to stay more towards MMORPGs, my current MMO's are Tera Rising and FF14. Back in the day I was a big Halo fan too What games do you like and which ones from the past did you enjoy?
Member
30112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F
Offline
Posted 9/12/13
Hi there!

My main gaming interests are MMORPG's, RPG's, Puzzles,and the occasional FPS. As for what type of gamer I am it really depends on what I'm playing and who with. MMORPG's I tend to be support (rangers, priests, etc.), FPS's I tend to be a sniper (can we see a pattern here?). I've been the Tank in MMORPG's and despite being told I'm good at keeping aggro I will only be that class as a last resort. *shudders*

Current games I'm playing: Mabinogi, Minecraft, Borderlands 2, CubeWorld.

Games I've played (and visit back occasionally): Guild Wars 2, WoW, Tera, Diablo III, Dragon's nest, Final Fantasy XI, Eden Eternal, Grand Fantasia, Ragnarok Online 2, Flyff, Wizard 101, Remnant Knights, Forsaken World, Perfect World, and yeah the list goes on so I'll stop there.

If there are games in any of my list that you know of and play let me know and maybe we can see about playing together!
Posted 9/15/13
I started a new character in Guild Wars 2 after hiatus.
Member
14801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 9/18/13
My favorite MMO has to be Phantasy Star Online 2 hands down.
While the game currently isn't localized I played it and downloaded a English mod for it.

I'm more into fighters and third-person shooters. I tend to either play Persona, BlazBlue, or The Last of Us.
Scientist Moderator
Creator
digs 
52086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/18/13

-Elo- wrote:

My favorite MMO has to be Phantasy Star Online 2 hands down.
While the game currently isn't localized I played it and downloaded a English mod for it.

I'm more into fighters and third-person shooters. I tend to either play Persona, BlazBlue, or The Last of Us.


I downloaded PSO2 and patched it for English but haven't really gotten into it yet, Tera and FF14 have taken up most of my MMO time xD

What ship do you play on in PSO2?
Member
14801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 9/18/13

digs wrote:


-Elo- wrote:

My favorite MMO has to be Phantasy Star Online 2 hands down.
While the game currently isn't localized I played it and downloaded a English mod for it.

I'm more into fighters and third-person shooters. I tend to either play Persona, BlazBlue, or The Last of Us.


I downloaded PSO2 and patched it for English but haven't really gotten into it yet, Tera and FF14 have taken up most of my MMO time xD

What ship do you play on in PSO2?


Uh, it's been a while quite frankly. It could be ship 02 since I recall hearing that is the place for Englisherss.

As for Final Fantasy 14 I played the beta on PS3 with my friend and he was so hooked. He's a pretty big Final Fantasy guy. I on the other hand got somewhat addicted with the quest system.
I'm actually waiting to either build a rig or purchase a pre-built one since my computer's GPU and CPU are bare-bones. LOL
Once I have my rig built I'll definitely be playing more PC games~

How is Tera?
Scientist Moderator
Creator
digs 
52086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/13

-Elo- wrote:


digs wrote:


-Elo- wrote:

My favorite MMO has to be Phantasy Star Online 2 hands down.
While the game currently isn't localized I played it and downloaded a English mod for it.

I'm more into fighters and third-person shooters. I tend to either play Persona, BlazBlue, or The Last of Us.


I downloaded PSO2 and patched it for English but haven't really gotten into it yet, Tera and FF14 have taken up most of my MMO time xD

What ship do you play on in PSO2?


Uh, it's been a while quite frankly. It could be ship 02 since I recall hearing that is the place for Englisherss.

As for Final Fantasy 14 I played the beta on PS3 with my friend and he was so hooked. He's a pretty big Final Fantasy guy. I on the other hand got somewhat addicted with the quest system.
I'm actually waiting to either build a rig or purchase a pre-built one since my computer's GPU and CPU are bare-bones. LOL
Once I have my rig built I'll definitely be playing more PC games~

How is Tera?


I love Tera, right now it is the MMO I play the most. I have a picture of my main character there in the character pic thread. I really like Tera's combat system, it's more action based and isn't tab target like most games. I feel that regardless of your gear, if a player doesn't have skill they can't win. In other games it seems like gear makes the player, that's not really true in Tera. A lot of the endgame dungeons have 1 shot mechanics and 1 shot attacks and each class has a set of dodge skills that they have to use. If you don't dodge an attack you die instantly and many of the attacks are very fast requiring you to have a quick reaction time. I like that aspect of the game.
Member
14801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 9/19/13

digs wrote:


-Elo- wrote:


digs wrote:


-Elo- wrote:

My favorite MMO has to be Phantasy Star Online 2 hands down.
While the game currently isn't localized I played it and downloaded a English mod for it.

I'm more into fighters and third-person shooters. I tend to either play Persona, BlazBlue, or The Last of Us.


I downloaded PSO2 and patched it for English but haven't really gotten into it yet, Tera and FF14 have taken up most of my MMO time xD

What ship do you play on in PSO2?


Uh, it's been a while quite frankly. It could be ship 02 since I recall hearing that is the place for Englisherss.

As for Final Fantasy 14 I played the beta on PS3 with my friend and he was so hooked. He's a pretty big Final Fantasy guy. I on the other hand got somewhat addicted with the quest system.
I'm actually waiting to either build a rig or purchase a pre-built one since my computer's GPU and CPU are bare-bones. LOL
Once I have my rig built I'll definitely be playing more PC games~

How is Tera?


I love Tera, right now it is the MMO I play the most. I have a picture of my main character there in the character pic thread. I really like Tera's combat system, it's more action based and isn't tab target like most games. I feel that regardless of your gear, if a player doesn't have skill they can't win. In other games it seems like gear makes the player, that's not really true in Tera. A lot of the endgame dungeons have 1 shot mechanics and 1 shot attacks and each class has a set of dodge skills that they have to use. If you don't dodge an attack you die instantly and many of the attacks are very fast requiring you to have a quick reaction time. I like that aspect of the game.


Does it have a free-to-play or subscription based model? What numerous people complain with regards to free-to-play is the pay-to-win aspect in some games. If Tera is a free-to-play game then does it have the pay-to-win aspect that some people scorn? Is it like Guild Wars 2 where you just initially purchase the game and there's no subscription attached? How in-depth is the character customization for Tera?
Scientist Moderator
Creator
digs 
52086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/13

-Elo- wrote:

Does it have a free-to-play or subscription based model? What numerous people complain with regards to free-to-play is the pay-to-win aspect in some games. If Tera is a free-to-play game then does it have the pay-to-win aspect that some people scorn? Is it like Guild Wars 2 where you just initially purchase the game and there's no subscription attached? How in-depth is the character customization for Tera?


It's completely F2P to download and play. They have a cash shop and a subscription but you don't need them to be pro. I kow many F2P players with great gear. There isn't godly gear that is cash shop only nor are there things you need to buy from the CS in order to make good gear. They sell a lot of costumes and some items for convenience, but 99% of what is sold in the CS can be traded for in game money.

The subscription is mainly good for a teleporter that gets you around every city (instead of flying there and waiting about 2min) and allows you to go into dungeons 2x more often. However, you wouldn't be hindered or capped by going solely F2P
Member
14801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

digs wrote:


-Elo- wrote:

Does it have a free-to-play or subscription based model? What numerous people complain with regards to free-to-play is the pay-to-win aspect in some games. If Tera is a free-to-play game then does it have the pay-to-win aspect that some people scorn? Is it like Guild Wars 2 where you just initially purchase the game and there's no subscription attached? How in-depth is the character customization for Tera?


It's completely F2P to download and play. They have a cash shop and a subscription but you don't need them to be pro. I kow many F2P players with great gear. There isn't godly gear that is cash shop only nor are there things you need to buy from the CS in order to make good gear. They sell a lot of costumes and some items for convenience, but 99% of what is sold in the CS can be traded for in game money.

The subscription is mainly good for a teleporter that gets you around every city (instead of flying there and waiting about 2min) and allows you to go into dungeons 2x more often. However, you wouldn't be hindered or capped by going solely F2P


I see. I'll definitely give it a try. Not too sure about this weekend since I just bought Wind Waker HD! : D Y'know what, maybe I'll just download it and give it a try when it's finished. xD Thanks for the recommendation~

Have you ever heard of F.E.A.R? If so, did you know they're making a free-to-play multiplayer for PC? There are some games that seem to be following the same route such as Dead or Alive and Tekken. Do you think we'll see free-to-play being much more popular in the future or do you feel the subscription based model has better perks? I would want to play the Elder Scrolls MMO but purchasing the game on top of a horribly priced monthly subscription... I just can't. :L
Posted 9/20/13
I like FF games, Im just not sure about the FF14 yet. I don't know whether to buy it or not. I am more hyped for Arkham Origins... At the moment Im playing Dark Souls (Still) and once in a while Dead Island!
Member
50064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
I've played WoW since day one, but I am currently involved in FFXIV and, to a lesser extent, SWTOR. Despite being closely attached to MMOs, I mostly play RPGs like FF, DQ, SMT, etc.. I am not a big fan of First-Person shooters, but I absolutely love Borderlands (2) and, even though I've just played the first few levels, Bioshock. I am also a fan of the Resident Evil games (yes, even RE5) because I love the horror genre.
You must be logged in to post.