Remove this ad
First  Prev  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  258  259  Next  Last
Post Reply Kill la Kill Discussion
16115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 19 days ago

RadioactiveMeltdown wrote:


Get used to it? Well, excuse me for not liking their skimpy outfits - or seeing female characters get degraded to nothing more than otaku fantasies. Like I said before - I don't mind ecchi. When used lightly, I even enjoy it. The flip side is that male characters are rarely used for fanservice, and since I am not a fujoshi I only have Free! and a few really bad otome game adaptations to even find male fanservice in.


Just because a character dresses skimpy doesn't 'degrade' them. If the girls all had super girly fights and ALWAYS showed off their erm...feminine parts, then maybe it would degrade them, but this show doesn't.

Blood, pain, mutation, fear, and humiliation are all results that come from these 'skimpy' outfits, and when you watch the series, you see that these girls are EMPOWERED by the clothes.

So let's just say that girls in anime can kick ass and be sexy about it too.


kilikikero wrote:

I wouldn't call Kill la Kill ecchi, simply because I didn't find the 'fanservice' arousing or stimulating. And that's largely because 1. the main female characters were legitimate bad-asses who didn't give two shits about what people thought of their revealing outfits (which subsequently made me not give a shit about their clothing), 2. the lack of clothing was a central and important aspect of the plot 3. the nudity was fairly evenly applied to both men and women throughout the show and 4. the emphasis was way more on humor than on audience arousal. I think these reasons are why you'll just as easily find female fans of Kill la Kill as male ones, especially compared to most ecchi shows usually targeted at males. Kill la Kill wasn't trying to just appeal to the raging hormones of male otaku, it's a show that broadly appeals to anyone who likes being entertained.


You guys nailed it. The "skimpy" clothes actually meant something and the main characters for the most part embraced it.

Trigger brilliantly incorporated the use of clothes in this show.
11174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Somewhere in the...
Online
Posted 18 days ago
just saw some stills of the KLK ova and well heres a hint "fun in the sun"
3297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 17 days ago

horrorshow77 wrote:

just saw some stills of the KLK ova and well heres a hint "fun in the sun"


This is what I want.
966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago
Why must KLK be over already? Now what do I look forward to watch on thursdays?!
1224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Online
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago

Magilad wrote:

Why must KLK be over already. Now what do I look forward to watch on thursdays?!


Easy answer: Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
Except it airs on Friday's. Haha
320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago

Magilad wrote:

Why must KLK be over already. Now what do I look forward to watch on thursdays?!






5178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Shadows of Califo...
Offline
Posted 13 days ago
(Ok, let's try this again, and hopefully without having really condescending comments being thrown my way)

Episode 7

...

That...was actually pretty good.

An episode that focuses on the friendship between Ryuko and Mako and just by how much Ryuko considers Mako's family to be her surrogate family, having living mostly orphaned her entire life.

Oh yeah, and Mako getting her first taste of Goku uniform...never expected that to happen so early in the show, but w.e.

(although personally I feel like at this point the whole meritocracy and 1% vs 99% theme is still a little bit ham-fisted for my liking, plus my overall dislike of that theme anyways)

What I DON'T like is the episode using the cliche of "rags to riches, then back to rags". And that how the episode has a bunch of drastic changes to the characters, and then we reset back to the status quo of Mako's family being back to living in the slums. It feels like nothing's been accomplished in this episode in terms of the plot, and even Satsuki's plan of using Ryuko to clear out the minor clubs is kind of a small issue in the grand scheme of things, plus kind of unnecessary.

Even if this was meant to address a particular plot hole but even then...eh.
1224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Online
Posted 13 days ago

tasti_man_LH wrote:

What I DON'T like is the episode using the cliche of "rags to riches, then back to rags". And that how the episode has a bunch of drastic changes to the characters, and then we reset back to the status quo of Mako's family being back to living in the slums. It feels like nothing's been accomplished in this episode in terms of the plot, and even Satsuki's plan of using Ryuko to clear out the minor clubs is kind of a small issue in the grand scheme of things, plus kind of unnecessary.

Even if this was meant to address a particular plot hole but even then...eh.


You'll be surprised in the long run.
dniv 
10617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 12 days ago

colorfulhoudini wrote:


tasti_man_LH wrote:

What I DON'T like is the episode using the cliche of "rags to riches, then back to rags". And that how the episode has a bunch of drastic changes to the characters, and then we reset back to the status quo of Mako's family being back to living in the slums. It feels like nothing's been accomplished in this episode in terms of the plot, and even Satsuki's plan of using Ryuko to clear out the minor clubs is kind of a small issue in the grand scheme of things, plus kind of unnecessary.

Even if this was meant to address a particular plot hole but even then...eh.


You'll be surprised in the long run.


Lol, you can say that again. :D

Also, while I'm on this thread I'm going to make an anime recommendation/manga/light novel series recommendation.

A certain Magical Index is the most over-the-top series out there. That's my favorite series and Kill la Kill is my second. (I also like Gurren Lagann...). For people who like crazy series like this with ridiculous ideas I recommend it. I wish trigger could have handled their adaptation but alas this was not to be.

Though otherwise I was happy I jumped ship week 4 two seasons ago before this was that popular. I was too absorbed in Railgun S to join ship earlier.
First  Prev  247  248  249  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  258  259  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.