First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Do You Believe Miracles Exist?
Posted 9/15/13

minatothegreatjiraiya wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I think the word "miracle" itself is incredibly subjective. What is miraculous to humans, might not be miraculous to a third party observer.


For e.g., a person gets shot by a bullet in the head and lives... most people would call that a miracle, but to me, that's just the human body thriving to survive and the result of billions of years of evolution... nothing more and nothing less.


Wait...are certain people starting to evolve mechanisms to survive gunshots to the head? And how are we thriving if we're trying to kill each other by shooting at one another? Could you elaborate further, or am I reading into this too much, or am I having a bad moment?


No.. what i meant was the body has a natural resilience to physical damage even when involving vital organs such as the brain.

Oops, I meant "striving", not thriving lol. Used the wrong word :-/...
1746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/15/13
Miracles happen all the time.
26455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Kansas
Offline
Posted 9/15/13 , edited 9/15/13
this thread bothers me to no end ... but i'll give the naysayers what they want

yes miracles do happen .. and im proving it right now by not quoting and showing how wrong all of 'no' comments are and using science to dismember their arguments so hard the original posters would have to rethink their own powers of cognition downgraded to dust specs ..


so yes. miracle .. im not quoting the damn fools
21303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 9/15/13
a miracle, do you mean a low probability high positivity event, then yes
232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Parts Unknown
Offline
Posted 9/15/13

TriOpted wrote:

this thread bothers me to no end ... but i'll give the naysayers what they want

yes miracles do happen .. and im proving it right now by not quoting and showing how wrong all of 'no' comments are and using science to dismember their arguments so hard the original posters would have to rethink their own powers of cognition downgraded to dust specs ..


so yes. miracle .. im not quoting the damn fools


You're too kind.

Posted 9/15/13 , edited 9/15/13
I am beyond done debating with people who refuse to question their beliefs.


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I think the word "miracle" itself is incredibly subjective. What is miraculous to humans, might not be miraculous to a third party observer.


For e.g., a person gets shot by a bullet in the head and lives... most people would call that a miracle, but to me, that's just the human body thriving to survive and the result of billions of years of evolution... nothing more and nothing less.


I realize your post has been quoted to death. But I want to say that unless we have proof that something cannot be backed up by science or natural laws, it is not proven to be a miracle - and that's not my opinion, but the opinion of whoever decided what a miracle was. I'm not sure the term "miracle" is subjective. What is subjective, imo, are the perspectives of ignorant people. It's just easier to say something ISN'T scientific when we don't understand how it is, if indeed it is.

But to answer this question, yes; I believe in things that I don't currently believe science can back up, ergo, I believe in miracles. My existence, in a way, could be even partially a miracle.
Posted 9/15/13

anti-lambsacrifice wrote:

:lol: I am beyond done debating with people who refuse to question their beliefs.


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I think the word "miracle" itself is incredibly subjective. What is miraculous to humans, might not be miraculous to a third party observer.


For e.g., a person gets shot by a bullet in the head and lives... most people would call that a miracle, but to me, that's just the human body thriving to survive and the result of billions of years of evolution... nothing more and nothing less.


I realize your post has been quoted to death. But I want to say that unless we have proof that something cannot be backed up by science or natural laws, it is not a miracle - and that's not my opinion, but the opinion of whoever decided what a miracle was. I'm not sure the term "miracle" is subjective. What is subjective, imo, are the perspectives of ignorant people. It's just easier to say something ISN'T scientific when we don't understand how it is, if indeed it is.

But to answer this question, yes; I believe in things that I don't currently believe science can back up, ergo, I believe in miracles. My existence, in a way, could be even partially a miracle.



I'm not one who don't question my beliefs. I do question it.

I have yet to observe any actual miracle--as defined by the term.


A lot of people say things like, "This person got sick, doctors say they will die, then months later they're healed" are miracles. Those things are not miracles to me, as it can be explained scientifically, like I said before, the human body strives to survive due to evolution.

A miracle to me, would be something like an amputee being able to grow back a limb (as someone mentioned earlier in this thread). Which has never been observed.

I don't see any reason why I should believe in something that was never observed. But if you want to, I respect your decision to do so...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.