First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
How hard is it for you to make friends? (inspired by watamote anime)
Posted 9/15/13 , edited 9/15/13
this poll is inspired by the anime watamote. the main character in that anime cannot make any new friends.

sometimes i'm not sure if the anime is an exaggeration or a realistic depiction... because i feel like it's basically mirroring my life in some aspect



so I voted 5
23226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 9/15/13
Pretty hard; most people I'm just not interested in striking up a conversation with, and for those I want to talk to, I usually feel uncomfortable and so I tend not to.
120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Far away from Japan
Offline
Posted 9/15/13
It's VERY hard I get very shy and nervous when I talk to someone.
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Seattle
Offline
Posted 9/15/13
It's quite easy with my method: STICK TO THEM LIKE GLUE, AND THAN ONE DAY JUST WALK AWAY, AND THEY'LL COME LOOKING FOR YOU. WORKS EVERY TIME! : D
Posted 9/15/13

luzmapilgrim wrote:

It's quite easy with my method: STICK TO THEM LIKE GLUE, AND THAN ONE DAY JUST WALK AWAY, AND THEY'LL COME LOOKING FOR YOU. WORKS EVERY TIME! : D


If you stick too close to other people it can have the opposite effect.
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 9/15/13 , edited 12/13/15
My experience has been like this:

- Acquaintances. Easy.
- Friends. Relatively easy.
- Best Friends. Not easy, but not impossible.
- Life Long Friends. Total waste of time.

Anyone can make friends. People simply don't try or try to become friends with the wrong people, or give up after being rejected once or twice. Most people spend more time thinking of excuses NOT to make friends then actually putting themselves out there.

Making friends is like dating: if you really think that everyone you date should "click" with you, then you're delusional. Same with friends. Not everyone wants to be your friend or vice versa, but many do, and the people that don't want to be your friend, don't matter.

Stop pouting, strength your self-esteem, learn to laugh, and keep trying.

"Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Dragon
58350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 9/15/13
Sometimes I think friendship is as much a matter of right place / right time / luck as anything else. One of my closest friends just happened to be in line behind me at a game development con, and I was able to offer some help for a problem their group was having. And the rest was history...

I go to places to do what I enjoy doing, and tend to find people who enjoy doing the same. That helps a lot when meeting new people and striking up conversations & becoming friends.. but it doesn't always work, of course. So I went with 3.
Posted 9/15/13 , edited 9/15/13

MakotoKamui wrote:

Sometimes I think friendship is as much a matter of right place / right time / luck as anything else. One of my closest friends just happened to be in line behind me at a game development con, and I was able to offer some help for a problem their group was having. And the rest was history...

I go to places to do what I enjoy doing, and tend to find people who enjoy doing the same. That helps a lot when meeting new people and striking up conversations & becoming friends.. but it doesn't always work, of course. So I went with 3.


I agree
23172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / The Frozen Tundra...
Offline
Posted 9/15/13 , edited 9/15/13
I don't have issues talking to people or joining general chit-chat so I have aquantances, it is the next step that is hard. Genral talk and such I am OK with, it is opening up to them and being like 'oh yeah I am what most people would consider to be a geek' that my shy / timid nature kicks in. So to actually open up to you and trust you (like you would with a friend) is a bit hard for me.

I don't feel like I should barge into conversations or situations unless I feel welcomed or invited, so that is my social hurdle. It makes people think I am the shy, quiet weird girl but oh well it is who I am

I may not have a lot of friends, but the few that I do I would back up and go to hell and back for them ^_^. And those said friends know that I can be very fun, goofy, and let my hair down once I know I can be myself around you.
Bavalt 
22029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/15/13
I find it fairly difficult, but not impossible. If I wanted to make more, I think I probably could, but as an introvert, I would probably end up frustrated rather than happier. I have a handful of friends that I'm perfectly content with, and meet new people often enough that I don't feel like I should go looking for more. I voted 4, because it's pretty hard to make friends when you're not looking to. My current friends provide me with additional friends as the social web naturally moves. I get a small amount of friends with virtually no effort on my part. If I wasn't happy with that, I think I'd have a hard time fixing it, but this is the way I like it.
15188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / The Palmwoods
Offline
Posted 9/15/13
It's hard for me because I get really shy and nervous around new people so I'm usually sticking with the same group of people
3731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / イブキド
Offline
Posted 9/16/13 , edited 9/16/13

XDV123 wrote:

Pretty hard; most people I'm just not interested in striking up a conversation with, and for those I want to talk to, I usually feel uncomfortable and so I tend not to.


This is me.
The reason why is the same as yours, but also more in-depth. Nobody has the same interests as me, plus most teens i know are wasting too much time trying to be cool, something that i don't do. They just aren't like me, and I appreciate people that are different, but they are all the same. Teens who try to be cool, end up doing the wrong things in life, and then they die accomplishing nothing but all that popularity they had in high school. I am seen as weird by most people anyway, and nobody finds me "interesting" because im not a replica like most teens are. Sorry to rant but I had to get at least some of my feelings out lol, kids need to just be themselves.
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 9/16/13 , edited 9/16/13
Easiest thing in the world, all it takes most times is to just say "Hi."
Posted 9/17/13

Legion13 wrote:


XDV123 wrote:

Pretty hard; most people I'm just not interested in striking up a conversation with, and for those I want to talk to, I usually feel uncomfortable and so I tend not to.


This is me.
The reason why is the same as yours, but also more in-depth. Nobody has the same interests as me, plus most teens i know are wasting too much time trying to be cool, something that i don't do. They just aren't like me, and I appreciate people that are different, but they are all the same. Teens who try to be cool, end up doing the wrong things in life, and then they die accomplishing nothing but all that popularity they had in high school. I am seen as weird by most people anyway, and nobody finds me "interesting" because im not a replica like most teens are. Sorry to rant but I had to get at least some of my feelings out lol, kids need to just be themselves.


i think this can be applied to adults or anyone. because we live as a society, it's hard to be individualistic, when people are constantly being influenced by culture, customs, rules and influences of other people.
3731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / イブキド
Offline
Posted 9/17/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:


Legion13 wrote:


XDV123 wrote:

Pretty hard; most people I'm just not interested in striking up a conversation with, and for those I want to talk to, I usually feel uncomfortable and so I tend not to.


This is me.
The reason why is the same as yours, but also more in-depth. Nobody has the same interests as me, plus most teens i know are wasting too much time trying to be cool, something that i don't do. They just aren't like me, and I appreciate people that are different, but they are all the same. Teens who try to be cool, end up doing the wrong things in life, and then they die accomplishing nothing but all that popularity they had in high school. I am seen as weird by most people anyway, and nobody finds me "interesting" because im not a replica like most teens are. Sorry to rant but I had to get at least some of my feelings out lol, kids need to just be themselves.


i think this can be applied to adults or anyone. because we live as a society, it's hard to be individualistic, when people are constantly being influenced by culture, customs, rules and influences of other people.


Well, i only said teens from experience, but i know that adults are like that too. Its a sad reality
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.