First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
do you know anyone who complains about gaining weight but still eat sugary food anyway?
23688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 9/16/13

TwistedSpoon wrote:

I've known a few, but this one girl particularly annoyed me when saying she didn't understand why she wasn't losing weight, while sitting next to her, watching her cover her big portion of salad with a huge layer of dressing...

One thing I often hear from people around my age is how they can't afford healthy food. I don't know about the rest of the world but where I live that statement is pretty outragous. It doesn't cost a fortune to buy the healthy food, I'll even wager the unhealthy food, especially the fast food and candy of all sorts, are way more expensive to keep buying than vegetables and the most common kinds of meat.


I know right!

I mean, I've known guys whose families were literally dirt poor. They worked at places like Wal-Mart where they barely get paid anything and still bought their own groceries with their own money. They successfully ate right and exercised to the point where they were really good at sports and got recruited. Inspirational stories like that where the parents have literally nothing and the kid does it all by himself, versus all these retards who feed off of their parents' money when they're over 20 years old complaining about it.

The worst kinds are the ones who play games or watch stuff on the internet all day and complain. Like wtf, before you start bitching, pay your own internet bill and for your computer and get a life! Complaining about food and weight shouldn't even be things to consider at that point.
6605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Denmark
Offline
Posted 9/16/13

Gyava wrote:


I know right!

I mean, I've known guys whose families were literally dirt poor. They worked at places like Wal-Mart where they barely get paid anything and still bought their own groceries with their own money. They successfully ate right and exercised to the point where they were really good at sports and got recruited. Inspirational stories like that where the parents have literally nothing and the kid does it all by himself, versus all these retards who feed off of their parents' money when they're over 20 years old complaining about it.

The worst kinds are the ones who play games or watch stuff on the internet all day and complain. Like wtf, before you start bitching, pay your own internet bill and for your computer and get a life! Complaining about food and weight shouldn't even be things to consider at that point.

Yeah, exactly. Good point. Like the motivational speaker Les Brown says, so many people like to complain, but they don't want to do anything about it. I understand overweight people a lot, who want to lose weight, but for some reason at a moment in their lives can't pull themselves together to change, what matters is that one day they make that choice and do something.

And yeah as you say in the second part, that's true. There's a lot of fear involved in that, the fear of standing on one own's feet and support themselves. Many people I've known felt an absolute right to eat whatever they want, drink whenever they feel like it and smoke just because they can. That total lack of want for something more and to strive to be the best we can, both mentally and physically, sometimes disturbs me. Just noticed so many people around my age like that. Maybe got too sidetracked there, I'm too much an idealist sometimes. But anyways, yeah, good point you made.
Posted 9/16/13
Who cares?

31055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / O
Offline
Posted 9/16/13
Well I know a lot of people that say that xD But when they do say it, they are only "Semi-serious" They know they should stop eating to much, but eat it anyway because they like it xD And then they say that, pff, should stop eating this *chews on something sugary*
48044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/13 , edited 9/16/13
I can't remember ever hearing anyone I've been around complain about weight. Then again, the few girls I've dated were pretty short-lived (not long enough to be comfortable talking about their weight), and most guys my age don't have a whole lot to worry about in that regard. I have often heard people say things like "I probably shouldn't be eating this shit," but I think of that as more of a health thing than a weight thing.
45585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/16/13
Losing weight is one thing but making sure you never gain all that weight back is another. Nobody wants to be fat and force to live a life of struggles. There are plenty of people that complain about wanting to lose weight finding themselves eating more. Trying to lose weight is hard though the motivation to do it is even harder.
27393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Insomnia
Offline
Posted 9/16/13
that person would be me. i just can't stay away from sweets for too long
13564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / New York
Offline
Posted 9/16/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

My girlfriend complains about gaining weight every time I invite her over.

"Oh my god you're going to make me fat!"

I use the most reassuring line I can think of: Don't worry! I made eight layer baklava for desert.


i love pastry desserts

are you a chef?


Something like that. XD

I consider food preparation a subdiscipline of organic chemistry.
21172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/16/13
Reminds me...of me when I tell my friends I'm going to start losing weight.

"Dude I'm going to start losing weight, I feel like my butts too big."

*proceeds to eat an entire plate of carne asada fries with a large orchata and forgets what he was talking about.
16121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / cheesecakes
Offline
Posted 9/16/13
That is me right there.

I don't gain weights though. Either the weight scales everywhere are broken, or the gravity isn't pulling me as strong as it does to everyone.
Because I feel like my tummy has more fats than before, since I don't even work out and all (I'm blaming the gym for still not being ready yet, it's under renovation or something)

I can't stop eating sweets because they are delicious.

I find myself irritating though, for lacking the will to stop snacking and eating too much in general. So I don't complain about it too much to other people. Only thing is, those other people start complaining because whenever they hang out with me, they eat a lot more than they usually do because of me. Well, I can't help it...
20298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 9/17/13
hummm ... sounds like me ... i love sweets lol
Posted 9/17/13
Tell me about it.
25291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Maryland, USA
Offline
Posted 9/17/13
I've got quite the opposite problem. I have a few friends who complain about gaining weight (even though they aren't), and therefore refuse to eat much at all. I can barely convince them to eat two meals per day, sometimes. They worry me sick.
Posted 9/17/13
Think you covered most of America there.

I mean, why else is surgery plastered all over the highways people drive by on. Fast weigh loss, etc.
Posted 9/18/13

TwistedSpoon wrote:

I've known a few, but this one girl particularly annoyed me when saying she didn't understand why she wasn't losing weight, while sitting next to her, watching her cover her big portion of salad with a huge layer of dressing...

One thing I often hear from people around my age is how they can't afford healthy food. I don't know about the rest of the world but where I live that statement is pretty outragous. It doesn't cost a fortune to buy the healthy food, I'll even wager the unhealthy food, especially the fast food and candy of all sorts, are way more expensive to keep buying than vegetables and the most common kinds of meat.


It can be... like vegetables can get expensive in different time of the year... e.g. tomatoes during winter can cost up to $5 per kilogram, where as in summer it's cheap.

But stuffs like fish and chips are usually cheap to make...
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.