First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Diabolik Lovers Discussions
33337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 9/17/13

Selenae wrote:

I'm liking the animation more than I thought I would, plus Laito and Kanato are as creepy as ever. I do feel that 15 minutes is not enough for a series with a complex, route-driven backstory, however.

So, for my opinion on Episode 1:

+Clean animation, character detailing is nice as well.
+Original CVs from the games are present.
+The guys' brutal, competitive natures as vampires are shown quickly.
+Nicknames for Yui are kept.
+Yui now has a CV, something she lacks in the games.

-15 minute episodes lend to a rushed feeling.
-Only brief glimpses of personalities are shown.
-The ending probably didn't sit well with most viewers.

Reviews so far are what I expected to see. Not everyone likes it, but it's BDSM. Not everyone can stomach that.


I have a question! You seem to be very knowledgeable on this series, and I read that there were some manga about it. I'm interested in said manga, but I was wondering if it has furigana? Considering the intended audience, I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Thanks
104119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/17/13
"pancake" is the worst translation I have ever seen for a girl being flat.

18416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/13
I'm just really interested to see where this anime goes. It is pretty dark so far so I wonder how far they are willing to push it, I also find it a little funny that most of the 'darkness' of it comes from our own imaginations. I mean they seem to be true typical vampires, they're sexy and a bunch of womanisers, sure they want to drain her blood to get a taste, but the idea of raping her is something we've projected onto the show/characters.
If I'm honest I wasn't a fan of the Synopsis, it actually put me off. However it only has one episode up so I thought I may aswell give it a shot. It's certainly different and darker than your typical anime, I'm just interested to see where it goes.
38909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/13 , edited 9/17/13
Ehhh not for me.

Kinda lazy writing here, imo & an absurd plot. A girl gets dropped off at a house filled with 6 maniac vampires. If I didn't feel like she was in danger of being raped or eaten, I'd probably laugh at how contrived the situation is.

EDIT: Then again, you have to admire how they just jump right into the "plot."
104119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/17/13

iblessall wrote:

Ehhh not for me.

Kinda lazy writing here, imo & an absurd plot. A girl gets dropped off at a house filled with 6 maniac vampires. If I didn't feel like she was in danger of being raped or eaten, I'd probably laugh at how contrived the situation is.

EDIT: Then again, you have to admire how they just jump right into the "plot."


what plot?

she was called pancake for a reason due to lack of plot, lol.

38909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/17/13

AnimeKami wrote:


iblessall wrote:

Ehhh not for me.

Kinda lazy writing here, imo & an absurd plot. A girl gets dropped off at a house filled with 6 maniac vampires. If I didn't feel like she was in danger of being raped or eaten, I'd probably laugh at how contrived the situation is.

EDIT: Then again, you have to admire how they just jump right into the "plot."


what plot?

she was called pancake for a reason due to lack of plot, lol.



"Plot," I said. With quotes xD
Posted 9/17/13
i was lurking some threads on new anime but i just picked this up because
18056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada, Montreal
Offline
Posted 9/17/13
I'm afraid to see but excited!
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 9/17/13
Shoujo and vampire.
YEah, that just screams greatness, not :P
It's probably Amnesia with vampire bishounens.
19266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 9/17/13

neumaus wrote:


Selenae wrote:

I'm liking the animation more than I thought I would, plus Laito and Kanato are as creepy as ever. I do feel that 15 minutes is not enough for a series with a complex, route-driven backstory, however.

So, for my opinion on Episode 1:

+Clean animation, character detailing is nice as well.
+Original CVs from the games are present.
+The guys' brutal, competitive natures as vampires are shown quickly.
+Nicknames for Yui are kept.
+Yui now has a CV, something she lacks in the games.

-15 minute episodes lend to a rushed feeling.
-Only brief glimpses of personalities are shown.
-The ending probably didn't sit well with most viewers.

Reviews so far are what I expected to see. Not everyone likes it, but it's BDSM. Not everyone can stomach that.


I have a question! You seem to be very knowledgeable on this series, and I read that there were some manga about it. I'm interested in said manga, but I was wondering if it has furigana? Considering the intended audience, I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Thanks


Ah...as to that, I have no idea, as I own the games, but not the manga one-shot anthology. I'm not fluent in Japanese, though. I apologize if I gave that impression.
436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/18/13 , edited 9/18/13
I like how they are pushing the overall story as the frontal view, i hope they can pull this off and make it a episode turner.

I did like how yui's backbone got stronger in her attempt to run away. It was nice how they showcased the full intent of the brothers first hand.
It really makes you feel sorry for her having to be stuck with monsters who treat you like food, no even lower then that for some.

30331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 9/18/13
I kind of like Komori Yui design-wise. Especially her omega symbol looking eyes.

But that's about the best I can say about this one. I barely made it through the first episode. Pass.

33337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 9/18/13 , edited 9/18/13

Selenae wrote:

Ah...as to that, I have no idea, as I own the games, but not the manga one-shot anthology. I'm not fluent in Japanese, though. I apologize if I gave that impression.


Ah, that's okay I actually had a look at the anthology online and based on fan-translated version I was not impressed. And I also saw furigana so I'm certain it's present in the rest of the work. Did you know there's not only the anthology, but also a prequel and two sequel books?

Guess I'll just hold out for the new Vita version that's to be released by the end of this year The original source material is likely to be the best. The anthology just doesn't work because they try to shove six guys as main characters. It's too much. That and the MC is annoying. (Seriously, she wants to be hurt? Yeah, can't get behind that. I would've liked her if she fought them no matter what and clearly didn't want to be abused and used.)
19266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 9/18/13 , edited 9/18/13

neumaus wrote:


Selenae wrote:

Ah...as to that, I have no idea, as I own the games, but not the manga one-shot anthology. I'm not fluent in Japanese, though. I apologize if I gave that impression.


Ah, that's okay I actually had a look at the anthology online and based on fan-translated version I was not impressed. And I also saw furigana so I'm certain it's present in the rest of the work. Did you know there's not only the anthology, but also a prequel and two sequel books?

Guess I'll just hold out for the new Vita version that's to be released by the end of this year The original source material is likely to be the best. The anthology just doesn't work because they try to shove six guys as main characters. It's too much. That and the MC is annoying. (Seriously, she wants to be hurt? Yeah, can't get behind that. I would've liked her if she fought them no matter what and clearly didn't want to be abused and used.)


Actually, Yui is a fairly strong-willed MC - she fights them off in the beginning, and still tries to do so even when being overpowered.





I didn't know about the books, however. Thanks for telling me! I think I'll just stick to the games, though. c:

17104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F
Offline
Posted 9/18/13
Where can you get the games translated at? Or do you just know Japanese? Thanks!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.