First  Prev  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  Next  Last
Post Reply Golden Time Discussions
15329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Tampa FL, USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
Again this comes right back to my original point, which is that old Banri will not move on -- he is unwilling to let go of a love that never even was... and may never be. And is willing to destroy a ongoing reciprocal love relationship in the process without any regard for Koko.

He is not a good person.

Koko at least realized the situation was hopeless and moved onto something that was reciprocal.

You can read the inferences of Linda's behavior and say that old Banri has a chance at a reciprocal relationship with her... but there is no proof of that, and it may very well be nothing more than wishful thinking. Yet there is Koko, real and passionately invested in being together -- to ignore that is unrealistic.

He is not un"real" because we haven't seen much of him, he is unreal because he is nothing more than a plot device to propel the drama forward.
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
"A Plot Device To Propel the Drama forward" Then really you shouldn't be here talking. Since Koko's stalkerish nature, Banri's Amnesia, and every other thing in the anime is a Plot device.

Remind me if I can steal people's identity to Steal yours since it seems your okay with that.

He is neither a good or a bad person. Old Banri at this point is desperate. He is already being denied his body and even his "existence", and worst of all now his love.

It's not wishful thinking. There are hint in Linda's actions, add that to her personality then you would see that what your saying really doesn't make sense.
Koko? At this point their relationship is shaky at best. "Passionately Invested" How long do you think till that Passion settles down? Just cause your passionately invested does mean it's gonna work out. They need to face themselves first. For Banri it's Old Banri and for Koko it's her immaturity.

Edit:
Forgot to mention Koko's "Moved on"
It's true she moved on, as in she didn't want to lose her friend when he gave her an ultimatum. Or atleast that's what their relationship is at. Granted they are trying or atleast going thru with the motion
15329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Tampa FL, USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
Ah, I see -- so the "hint's" are worth destroying everything real that already exists?

That will not likely work out well, and the end result is Banri (old or new or a future amalgam) ends up with neither girl.

I did say a few posts back that this scenario was contrived so applying logic reveals the flaws pretty quickly... and yes those flaws are all over the place, including Koko's and old Banri's actions.

I take it you think that old Banri does not think much of new Banri's attempt at life -- but from my point of view new Banri is doing a better job at it than old Banri ever did (so if anything he should feel like even more of a failure). But again, this scenario where a "ghost" is haunting himself is a contrived setup simply to introduce drama into what would otherwise be a stable relationship... the biggest challenge of it would be Banri dealing with Koko's clinginess. But that type of drama is boring.

If you want to apply this to my personal life that is fine, but I seriously doubt you have to chops to challenge me on any aspect of living... you need many more years before you could even compare experiences adequately. I've been with my wife since before I was your age... and that is only one aspect of life experiences (though relevant to this discussion).

I see you edited to include that you don't buy their relationship -- so this is the real reason you don't see any issue... if it is a fake relationship no need to feel bad about destroying it. I disagree, I think they are both sincere in their love, new as it is. To me the scene where it became clear to me that she was falling for him was when she was using the fans to try to stop him from pushing her away.. that wasn't fear of losing a friend, that was fear of losing something more meaningful.
7111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 12/30/13

Ryusen_X wrote:
And Koko Isn't at all stalkerish or creepy.



Ryusen_X wrote: Since Koko's stalkerish nature, Banri's Amnesia, and every other thing in the anime is a Plot device.


So... which is it?
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
I've had my fair share of relationships. And to bring Real Life means your gasping at straws.

Those "Hints" Are for the watchers. I mentioned that in retort with your "no proof" on Linda's feelings. Those hints or behaviors are exactly the proof. If Linda was telling the truth then her behavior would have shown it.

The End result would be Banri moving on. If he ends up with one of em good if not then it is so. Granted He Will most likely end up with Koko.

Old Banri just watches. He watched for 2 years? He only started "Acting up" when New Banri fell in love and saw Linda. Old Banri didn't have much of a self esteem but he was determined wit Linda. New Bandi is NEW and thanks to Linda's words He had some self esteem and that will take a while to bring down. No the biggest challenge is not Koko's clinginess. It's a combination of Her insecurity/Immaturity and Banri's Amnesia. And right now Koko is working on her side, but Banri? He's just running away hoping it'll go away. Which as you said will not work. He needs to face his old self.

Edit:
It's shaky, they still need to work on their flaws and cement what they truly feel. Even without Old "Ghost" Banri. His relationship with Koko might have brought up those feelings for Linda. In this sense he is beginning to doubt his love for Koko but doing what he can to do so.

@Sky:
Being Sarcastic.
15329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Tampa FL, USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
Ummm... you did it first saying how you wanted to "take over my life, and that I wouldn't mind".

"Insecurity/immaturity" -- what exactly do you think the cause of clinginess as a behavior is???

I've broken down almost all of your arguments peice by peice, you keep moving in circles to avoid the truth. You are definately shipping... or at the very least have a deep hatred for Koko.

21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
I was being Sarcastic.

What did I say? I wasn't shipping. Koko and Banri is already set sail. Golden Time is pretty much their story of how they got thru the hurdles of their romance.

She is Insecure with her ability to keep Banri, so she goes to clinging on to him even if she doesn't need to.

I can say the same to you.
15329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Tampa FL, USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
Not really, I have gotten you to agree to things that that you initially argued were the exact opposite -- but as soon as you do, you move the target so as have some way to not fully retreat. It's been fun, but I can only keep chasing you into ever smaller circles before I lose interest in toying with you or have to move on due to time... speaking of which, it is about that time.

Maybe we will have to revisit this when the series is over (assuming it ends at the end).
21252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 12/30/13

Ryusen_X wrote:


Edit:
Forgot to mention Koko's "Moved on"
It's true she moved on, as in she didn't want to lose her friend when he gave her an ultimatum. Or atleast that's what their relationship is at. Granted they are trying or atleast going thru with the motion


This. For some reason people honestly believe Koko loves Banri. She didn't want to lose the one person there for her, so she formed this relationship not only to feel loved, but also to keep that one person there for her.

21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
I was just waiting for your post so I can say I need to go to sleep. And also retort to what ever you was saying.

And As far as I know I was posting to what ever you post last.

My points tho as final:
Old Banri and Koko have similar traits so you can't hate one and love the other.
Old Banri isn't Affected by Koko thanks to time with Linda.
New Banri Needs to stop running and face his Past
Koko needs to stop being insecure
New Banri and Koko's Relationship is based desperation and uncertainty.
This is a Story of a couple's romance(Bandi and Koko's... BanKo?!).
I like Pizza and am Sarcastic.

64101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ATX
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13

jason_maranto wrote:

Maybe I wasn't clear -- what I meant to say is: if Linda was really "the one" new Banri would have fallen for her all over again. However this did not occur, so the attraction is clearly much stronger with Koko.

Old Banri, doesn't even acknowledge this -- he hasn't even said one thing about Koko. He is fixated on Linda like some sort of undead stalker. He is not open to moving on, even when he (since he is essentially viewing/living new Banris life at the same time) has somebody who is giving reciprocal love... even begging for it.

He is not a good person.

New Banri is at least conflicted. Old Banri is just fixated... so to me the more "real" personality is new Banri.


the "new" and the "old" is the same person


Ryusen_X wrote:

I don't dislike Koko. And I was proving a point. You seem to dislike Old Banri since he clings for his love of Linda and that it's interfering with Koko and New Banri. While Koko did exactly the same for The now blonde guy.

I'm not shipping anyone. Hell I know Banri and Koko will end up together, it's almost guaranteed this is just a story of how they grow up as a couple.

Edit:
Again He already decided at that point that he is in love with her. So to him being used by her is fine. He also saw that she is lonely and felt bad for her. He saw that even if she was pushing him she wanted a friend.
Other girls being available doesn't mean "Go out with me" It just means they are single. You logic that this girl is hard so I'd pick another girl doesn't make sense. Oka was just being Oka, she would have turned him down just like his friend. Linda was trying to hide their past. Koko was the hurt, lonely girl who doesn't know how to express her self.


we don't know if banri and koko well be together. in other animes the main guys don't get with the main girl like in this one anime the main guy got together with his sister instand of his girlfriend.


jason_maranto wrote:

Ah, I see -- so the "hint's" are worth destroying everything real that already exists?

That will not likely work out well, and the end result is Banri (old or new or a future amalgam) ends up with neither girl.

I did say a few posts back that this scenario was contrived so applying logic reveals the flaws pretty quickly... and yes those flaws are all over the place, including Koko's and old Banri's actions.

I take it you think that old Banri does not think much of new Banri's attempt at life -- but from my point of view new Banri is doing a better job at it than old Banri ever did (so if anything he should feel like even more of a failure). But again, this scenario where a "ghost" is haunting himself is a contrived setup simply to introduce drama into what would otherwise be a stable relationship... the biggest challenge of it would be Banri dealing with Koko's clinginess. But that type of drama is boring.

If you want to apply this to my personal life that is fine, but I seriously doubt you have to chops to challenge me on any aspect of living... you need many more years before you could even compare experiences adequately. I've been with my wife since before I was your age... and that is only one aspect of life experiences (though relevant to this discussion).

I see you edited to include that you don't buy their relationship -- so this is the real reason you don't see any issue... if it is a fake relationship no need to feel bad about destroying it. I disagree, I think they are both sincere in their love, new as it is. To me the scene where it became clear to me that she was falling for him was when she was using the fans to try to stop him from pushing her away.. that wasn't fear of losing a friend, that was fear of losing something more meaningful.


the "new" banri isn't doing a good job. he is doing what the "old" banri did in high school it just koko is more open with her feelings than linda.
11594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
I'm seeing more "hearsay" in this topic than actual facts being brought up. Makes for an interesting read I guess.
9237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Minnesota, USA
Online
Posted 12/30/13

trmjkd989 wrote:

I'm seeing more "hearsay" in this topic than actual facts being brought up. Makes for an interesting read I guess.


Interesting is one way to describe it At least the discussion is relatively free of people just coming here to bash the anime, unlike some of the other more discussed shows this season.
9045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
Well, after just having watched this whole series today up to its current point; I must say it's quite good. This is coming from someone who normally doesn't watch very many romance anime. Can anyone here recommend me any series similar to this in terms of character development and style?
47749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13

sontifx wrote:

Well, after just having watched this whole series today up to its current point; I must say it's quite good. This is coming from someone who normally doesn't watch very many romance anime. Can anyone here recommend me any series similar to this in terms of character development and style?


Toradora! is always a good choice, since it is by the same author. There are lots of similarities in storytelling style and character development, though the two are really quite different. (Very different, really... She doesn't really re-use very many themes...)

Other romantic comedies I have seen suggested for people who like Golden Time:
Honey and Clover
Lovely Complex (Love*Com)
Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Rumbling Hearts (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien)

As for the arguments about whether new Banri's feelings for Kouko or old Banri's feelings for Linda are stronger, I would vote for New. Part of that has to do with the fact that, by the time he was knocked off the bridge, Banri was having "Why in hell am I even waiting here?" feelings. But the other has to do with the concept of love at first sight. If it has never happened to you, you may not believe it. It has happened to me and we are going on 26 years of marriage. That is how I always interpreted Banri's reaction to Kouko.

As for those who still doubt Kouko's love of Banri, I suggest reading some of the light novel or manga, though I thought the anime got across her reasons for "saying no" well, it may not have expressed it quite to the extent that the light novel or manga did. (I don't recall if she said "The answer in my heart was always 'Yes'." or not in the anime.) The reason she said no is the very reason everyone doubts her feelings, she doubted them herself. But she couldn't bear the thought of loosing him because of her own lack of confidence.
First  Prev  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.