First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply What are your views on misanthropy?
20402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/19/13


Good advice.
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/19/13

Good advice


d'aww thanks
47435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / No Cal
Offline
Posted 10/19/13
I can't think of a more pointless topic to make to promote people to insult others. Labeling and Categorizing people, calling them immature, because your opinions differ from theirs.

It's things like this that make people hate others. Someone made a comment that a person that hates humanity is just fueling their own ego, or some nonsense around those lines. Another calls them immature. Let me then ask you something. Doesn't putting them down do nothing but fuel your own ego? Or make you just as immature, if not more so?

I agree, plenty of people have reason to hate or mistrust people. I for one think nothing in this world will ever change as long as humans are the dominant species. Why? Because of human nature, individuality. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, which gives rise to disagreements, which in turn give rise to arguments, feuds... and in the end war. As long as humans have individuality, the ability to think for themselves and have their own opinions, nothing will ever change, no matter what anyone says.

There are beautiful things in this world. Some created by humans... but many destroyed by humans. How many species of plants, animals, birds, fish have all been driven to the brink of, if not completely, extinction because of the actions of humans? Humans create beautiful buildings, but at the cost of what? There are plenty of reasons for humans to hate humans. Most choose not to see them and remain blissfully ignorant.

I see them, but choose not to care.
20402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/19/13



Are you referring to the top comment?
47435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / No Cal
Offline
Posted 10/19/13
If you're referring to your comment about the immature view of the world thing then no, it was not directed at you. I actually hadn't seen your post when I posted mine, I had read another post that commented on immaturity.
20402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/19/13

Kamakani wrote:

If you're referring to your comment about the immature view of the world thing then no, it was not directed at you. I actually hadn't seen your post when I posted mine, I had read another post that commented on immaturity.


Ah okay.
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/19/13 , edited 10/19/13

I can't think of a more pointless topic to make to promote people to insult others. Labeling and Categorizing people, calling them immature, because your opinions differ from theirs.

It's things like this that make people hate others. Someone made a comment that a person that hates humanity is just fueling their own ego, or some nonsense around those lines. Another calls them immature. Let me then ask you something. Doesn't putting them down do nothing but fuel your own ego? Or make you just as immature, if not more so?

I agree, plenty of people have reason to hate or mistrust people. I for one think nothing in this world will ever change as long as humans are the dominant species. Why? Because of human nature, individuality. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, which gives rise to disagreements, which in turn give rise to arguments, feuds... and in the end war. As long as humans have individuality, the ability to think for themselves and have their own opinions, nothing will ever change, no matter what anyone says.

There are beautiful things in this world. Some created by humans... but many destroyed by humans. How many species of plants, animals, birds, fish have all been driven to the brink of, if not completely, extinction because of the actions of humans? Humans create beautiful buildings, but at the cost of what? There are plenty of reasons for humans to hate humans. Most choose not to see them and remain blissfully ignorant.

I see them, but choose not to care.


First off, if you are going to refer to my post grow some balls and say so, don't beat around the goddamn bush. I have thick skin and stand by what I say as I am sure so do you. That being said, me saying that misanthropy is an immature philosophy is not something that I say to "fuel my own ego" but a belief I have arrived at after actually going through it in my younger days. If you don't agree with it than fine but throwing backhanded insults around while crying about being insulted hurts your argument and makes it appear weak.

Humans, like any species, abides by the laws of evolution. The fact that we are poisoning the planet and are on the whole are a war mongering species should not distract from the fact that we have accomplished great things. We are at a tipping point in our evolution, Teenagers in a cosmic process. Sure we bomb other nations, rape, kill, abadon reason in favor of animal aggression BUT, and this is a big but, we have cured disease, sent ourselves to the moon, we have fundraisers daily all around the world for various good causes (cure cancer, help a neighbor family with medical bills, clothe the homeless).

It's easy to see the negative if you want to but we are the wards of this planet like it or not. The real question is: Are we to take the responsibilty to make this world and the history of our species something to be proud of OR wallow in despair and give it all up because things aren't perfect and the way we want them? If you feel humnanity sucks then do something to make it better OR continue to wail against things you have no control over until people like yourself take charge and make the future you so want to believe in.
Posted 10/19/13
A hateful view of humanity based on the harm we do to each other and the world.

True, we are still the monkey-brained, jungle dwellers of old, but with new and improved methods of getting one over on things.

The guy next to you is your worst enemy simply because he'd stab you in the back for his own ends.

You'd do the same in the right situation. For that, misanthropy turns inward as a form of self-punishment.

It's baggage.
Posted 10/20/13 , edited 10/20/13
Misanthropy is a derogatory term for realistic and insightful. The same way altruistic is really just a nicer way of saying delusional and self-righteous. In fact, any psychologist who uses the term altruism in analysis is a quack.
5422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/20/13

Potaku wrote:


I can't think of a more pointless topic to make to promote people to insult others. Labeling and Categorizing people, calling them immature, because your opinions differ from theirs.

It's things like this that make people hate others. Someone made a comment that a person that hates humanity is just fueling their own ego, or some nonsense around those lines. Another calls them immature. Let me then ask you something. Doesn't putting them down do nothing but fuel your own ego? Or make you just as immature, if not more so?

I agree, plenty of people have reason to hate or mistrust people. I for one think nothing in this world will ever change as long as humans are the dominant species. Why? Because of human nature, individuality. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, which gives rise to disagreements, which in turn give rise to arguments, feuds... and in the end war. As long as humans have individuality, the ability to think for themselves and have their own opinions, nothing will ever change, no matter what anyone says.

There are beautiful things in this world. Some created by humans... but many destroyed by humans. How many species of plants, animals, birds, fish have all been driven to the brink of, if not completely, extinction because of the actions of humans? Humans create beautiful buildings, but at the cost of what? There are plenty of reasons for humans to hate humans. Most choose not to see them and remain blissfully ignorant.

I see them, but choose not to care.


First off, if you are going to refer to my post grow some balls and say so, don't beat around the goddamn bush. I have thick skin and stand by what I say as I am sure so do you. That being said, me saying that misanthropy is an immature philosophy is not something that I say to "fuel my own ego" but a belief I have arrived at after actually going through it in my younger days. If you don't agree with it than fine but throwing backhanded insults around while crying about being insulted hurts your argument and makes it appear weak.

Humans, like any species, abides by the laws of evolution. The fact that we are poisoning the planet and are on the whole are a war mongering species should not distract from the fact that we have accomplished great things. We are at a tipping point in our evolution, Teenagers in a cosmic process. Sure we bomb other nations, rape, kill, abadon reason in favor of animal aggression BUT, and this is a big but, we have cured disease, sent ourselves to the moon, we have fundraisers daily all around the world for various good causes (cure cancer, help a neighbor family with medical bills, clothe the homeless).

It's easy to see the negative if you want to but we are the wards of this planet like it or not. The real question is: Are we to take the responsibilty to make this world and the history of our species something to be proud of OR wallow in despair and give it all up because things aren't perfect and the way we want them? If you feel humnanity sucks then do something to make it better OR continue to wail against things you have no control over until people like yourself take charge and make the future you so want to believe in.


There were some now deleted posts that were longer and more specific.
It might be referring to yours, it might not.
When I went looking for a good example of anti-misanthropy and didn't see one a page or two back I was surprised, because I remember there being a fairly large number of them.
3201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 10/20/13
I often feel like a misanthrope, but when I do really think about it, there are tons of decent people out there - it's just that the morons and jerks that stand out. I wish the best for humanity.
12626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 10/20/13
Well sure. If you want to hate the world go ahead, but when you're stranded on an island with me don't expect me to spear you any coconuts
Posted 10/20/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Well sure. If you want to hate the world go ahead, but when you're stranded on an island with me don't expect me to spear you any coconuts

I can spear them myself, thanks.
12626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 10/20/13
Another reason to love humanity is that it is never not funny to see people fall on the treadmill.

dankuuwut wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

Well sure. If you want to hate the world go ahead, but when you're stranded on an island with me don't expect me to spear you any coconuts

I can spear them myself, thanks.
Pfft, trapped. That was quick. spare*
Posted 10/20/13 , edited 10/20/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:

That was quick.
That's what she said.

Pfft, trapped.
And he.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.