First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Ever feel unattractive?
11007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/19/13
All bout that Unattractive Life tho!!!!!!!!!
6111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/13
Living in a City that's all about fashion and looks, makes me feel like a toad.
23172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / The Frozen Tundra...
Offline
Posted 9/19/13
It was more of an issue for me in high school when I was best friends with a girl who was a size 6 and had D pushing DD cup breasts. So when you are always next to someone that physically attractive and people are trying to befriend you to get to her it wears on you self image quickly. I tried to "look" better by wearing name brands and being concerned about my image, but thanks to varsity tennis half of the time I was like "yeah not looking pretty I have practice and I am not getting covered in makeup just to sweat it off".

Then I went to college and things got a lot better, when I realized people became friends with you because of who you are not because you looked pretty or were "popular".
11389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Towcester
Offline
Posted 9/19/13 , edited 9/19/13

lraskie wrote:

I feel unattractive right now because I haven't showered, but I think everyone at some point thinks they are unattractive; its a product of the media...


Well, it's also a product of no-one of your sexual preference showing any kind of interest in you. I've personally only ever had two women show any amount of interest sexually/romantically. The first was pansexual (basically, she was physically attracted to personality traits, rather than physical attributes), and the second was a random girl in a club (probably rather drunk, and also rather unattractive herself).

Men feel unattractive if women find them unattractive.
Women feel unattractive if they arbitrarily decide that they don't look like the image they have in their head that they want to look like.


wxgirl wrote:

I tried to "look" better by wearing name brands and being concerned about my image, but thanks to varsity tennis half of the time I was like "yeah not looking pretty I have practice and I am not getting covered in makeup just to sweat it off".



Make up and branded clothes generally just makes other women think you look better. Men generally don't care what brand your clothes are, and often times make-up just make people look worse. I know plenty of women that look far better having just rolled out of bed than when they've "dolled up" before a party (and, being an undesirable man, most of my friends are male).
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/13

wxgirl wrote:

It was more of an issue for me in high school when I was best friends with a girl who was a size 6 and had D pushing DD cup breasts. So when you are always next to someone that physically attractive and people are trying to befriend you to get to her it wears on you self image quickly. I tried to "look" better by wearing name brands and being concerned about my image, but thanks to varsity tennis half of the time I was like "yeah not looking pretty I have practice and I am not getting covered in makeup just to sweat it off".

Then I went to college and things got a lot better, when I realized people became friends with you because of who you are not because you looked pretty or were "popular".


What? In high school? That's just a myth! It's not possible!

Eh, I look okay I guess. I mean, I can pass for 21 with my beard. Someone once said even 25, which is six years older than I am. So I'm not entirely sure if that's insulting or not. Maybe I'm a handsome 25 or 21.
23172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / The Frozen Tundra...
Offline
Posted 9/19/13

Phersu wrote:

What? In high school? That's just a myth! It's not possible!



*laughs and holds sides* Yeah, I know low self esteem and issues with body image in High school, what a shock! (yes, that is sarcasm) Thankfully I have been out of there for a while now and have grown old and wise

16119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / cheesecakes
Offline
Posted 9/19/13
Sometimes

I have long hair and when I have a really bad hair day it still looks really ugly even when I tie it up.
My teeth are so messy so I sometimes get very self conscious about it but ever since I got braces I've been flashing my grins anywhere anytime haha
I am really short even tho I'm perfectly okay with most of the times (thanks to highheels) I still feel inferior because I've seen.plenty tall women with long beautiful legs and mines are short and unattractive ; u;

I bought a few nice clothings I love and it helps to boost my confidence a bit so if you ever feel unattractive just dress as nice as you'd like you'll be fine. Well that's just my opinion.
23172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / The Frozen Tundra...
Offline
Posted 9/19/13

Richybabes wrote:

Make up and branded clothes generally just makes other women think you look better. Men generally don't care what brand your clothes are, and often times make-up just make people look worse. I know plenty of women that look far better having just rolled out of bed than when they've "dolled up" before a party (and, being an undesirable man, most of my friends are male).


Oh yeah I know that now, it was more in high school I just did what all the other girls did.

Now it is like "Do I like how I look in this, is it semi-comfy, and is it clean? Am I clean?" If I said yes to those then life is good now. My idea of dolling up now is wearing the nice dress shirt with pants and throwing on some foundation and eye makeup. As for my female friends now, we brag more about how much we saved on this awesome outfit then where it came from or what brand it was.
2289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / California
Offline
Posted 9/19/13
Sometimes. Mostly at school our in public. I always think that I'm not pretty as everyone else in public. Even though I have a boyfriend who I would say is good-looking, I still really lack some self-confidence.
Posted 9/19/13
Always.


(Just read my status lol)
34968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 9/19/13
Hehe! I do every now and then. I know that I'm better off than most people, but at the same time I can't help that it won't matter come 40 years or more. Vanity is fleeting and so is life. You can focus on looks all you want, but I don't think it should be put in front of the way of having a fun life. I mean, look at http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ (sorry if i'm breaking any rules, let me know if I am) If THOSE people can go out in public looking like that, you have NOTHING to beat yourself up about.
551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New zealand
Offline
Posted 9/19/13
yup, know what you mean.

but just embrace it guys!!!
34968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 9/19/13 , edited 9/19/13

TheHappyBunn wrote:

Always.


(Just read my status lol)


I have days I feel very attractive. Your argument is invalid. I mean you never look in the mirror and go "Damn.. I'd hit that.."?
46243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/19/13
Yes. The feeling is there.
Posted 9/19/13

koji8123 wrote:


TheHappyBunn wrote:

Always.


(Just read my status lol)


I have days I feel very attractive. Your argument is invalid. I mean you never look in the mirror and go "Damn.. I'd hit that.."?


Nope....Well maybe when I dress up in some nice clothes and put some makeup on for special occasions but other than those days...no.

(I YOUR AVI )
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.