First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Post Reply Living Under a Boulder? Reasons to Watch Attack on Titan.
23457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

ArtyD42 wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

Reason to watch Attack on Titan... It's freaking awesome and therefore you should watch it!


Another not actually describing Attack on Titan statement. That's another hype statement which has no content description for why people should really watch it.

I'll give you another example for another anime YET AGAIN.

In a world that has lost all it's faith while being granted a single wish per person those who help the dead continue on into the afterlife are feared for being gravekeeprs.


Let it go. That person is obviously one of those hardcore annoying fans who put this series on a glass pedestal. Even as a fan, its hard to reason with them. I hope I don't sound bossy or anything.
6018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
I find the show too melodramatic and drawn out. I tried to push through but it's just too boring. Maybe I'm just too old. The art seems like a downgrade in quality too, not critiquing the style either.
23727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside the Black...
Offline
Posted 9/22/13 , edited 9/22/13
Wow.

...not much more to say, arty. Yup, you're so right. *pats on the back*

You go about your way...

Poor fellow...
37944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 9/22/13


because of the novels. I more than likely wouldn't like SAO nearly as much as I do if I didn't read them. the anime was rushed and cut quite a bit of things out.



I would've too, but apparently it's categorized as shonen.
22976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

qualeshia3 wrote:
Let it go. That person is obviously one of those hardcore annoying fans who put this series on a glass pedestal. Even as a fan, its hard to reason with them. I hope I don't sound bossy or anything.


That would be why I looked for a true fan and not a person putting it on a pedestal on the forums. It's sad when the fandom doesn't even know how to describe their anime. That would be why I asked the question why should I watch it?

The responses were about nothing for so much that I had to find an answer.

Is this show awesome? Yes. Why is it awesome? Because it's cool. What makes it cool? BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME! The fanboy circle logic where they produce nothing they don't know. They were not watching and paying attention, they know nothing about the characters, they know nothing about the storyline, and still claim these things are awesome. Case in point:


zarakijorge wrote:

Wow.

...not much more to say, arty. Yup, you're so right. *pats on the back*

You go about your way...

Poor fellow...


Why should I go about my way and let hype destroy an anime? If anything I should be fighting for the people who know nothing about this anime who might be interested in it to at least get a decent understanding of why they should watch it. You spit in the creators eye when someone asks you why and your response is generic generalized uselessness.

I have my reason to watch beyond episode 1 now. I had to get it from wikipedia. Fans could have given me this directly and instead drooled words that can be said about thousands of things. The Matrix, Star Wars, Kick Ass, Fast and Furious, Wyatt Earp. Any one of these could have been what people were talking about here when they decided to go "awesome, story, character, plot" because NONE talked about Titan. People who do this disgust me to no end because they will take good things and make them mediocre. They will take mediocre and make them bad also this way.

I have my reason to watch.

Seen as a threat to mankind by some, and as a ray of hope by others, Eren joins his companions in a desperate fight to protect what remains of their society while looking for answers to the mysteries surrounding the Titans, the Walls, and his own existence as well.

Because someone on Wikipedia was intelligent enough to make me interested in the story. It sucks that the fans here can't produce interest in something they claim is awesome. It's worse when the fans are destroying the interest in it by their inability to see and answer that simplest of simple questions. Why?
26442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

ArtyD42 wrote:
Why should I go about my way and let hype destroy an anime? If anything I should be fighting for the people who know nothing about this anime who might be interested in it to at least get a decent understanding of why they should watch it. You spit in the creators eye when someone asks you why and your response is generic generalized uselessness.

I have my reason to watch beyond episode 1 now. I had to get it from wikipedia. Fans could have given me this directly and instead drooled words that can be said about thousands of things. The Matrix, Star Wars, Kick Ass, Fast and Furious, Wyatt Earp. Any one of these could have been what people were talking about here when they decided to go "awesome, story, character, plot" because NONE talked about Titan. People who do this disgust me to no end because they will take good things and make them mediocre. They will take mediocre and make them bad also this way.

I have my reason to watch.

Seen as a threat to mankind by some, and as a ray of hope by others, Eren joins his companions in a desperate fight to protect what remains of their society while looking for answers to the mysteries surrounding the Titans, the Walls, and his own existence as well.

Because someone on Wikipedia was intelligent enough to make me interested in the story. It sucks that the fans here can't produce interest in something they claim is awesome. It's worse when the fans are destroying the interest in it by their inability to see and answer that simplest of simple questions. Why?


Because intelligent people like us scare the people that cannot answer simple questions. So they try to be overly generic. It does not sicken me though. In fact, I find it quite adorable . Isn't the behavior of a second grader in the shell of a grown person so cute!? They all deserve a Happy Meal!
22976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

meowmeow418 wrote:

Because intelligent people like us scare the people that cannot answer simple questions. So they try to be overly generic. It does not sicken me though. In fact, I find it quite adorable . Isn't the behavior of a second grader in the shell of a grown person so cute!? They all deserve a Happy Meal!


I see what you did there.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/recorder-and-randsell
23457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/22/13



I understand where your coming from. In every fandom, there will always be those types of fans, annoying the other fans within the same fandom. Its not easy dealing with them....sometimes.

There are so many questions but hardly any answers and so many secrets and not enough questions.





I think these probably sound silly.





















23727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside the Black...
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

49005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
Shingeki no Kyojin, though fiction, it possesses a realistic human theme and because of that you can keep asking, "What's next?"

The theme I speak of is simply life. Everyone that lives in this fictitious world has a value. As we watch it you'll see references to that value and it being used as a catalyst to propel to the next event feeding the "What's next?" curiosity. This all occurs while fighting Giants. Giants exists in everyone's lives in one form or another and as we battle our own giants we gain and lose things that are dear. Without providing any spoilers, just recall the number of victories humanity had against these giants and they actions they took after every battle. This is deep philosophically and propels the ones that hard grind every day in their day to day life.

With that said, the next thing that I like is, delivery. The slow paced episodes are almost Tarantino like. While not dialogue rich, it's an unfolding chess game with no rules. The art work and animation is quite good. The fact is when they introduce some off-beat side-story stuff I get annoyed. Then I am reminded that I should be patient and it's all a part of the delivery. With that all in tow, I am never disappointed.


5/5 Titan Heads

Simply because Saturday Nights mean so much more now.
22976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

qualeshia3 wrote:

I understand where your coming from. In every fandom, there will always be those types of fans, annoying the other fans within the same fandom. Its not easy dealing with them....sometimes.

There are so many questions but hardly any answers and so many secrets and not enough questions.





I think these probably sound silly.


Not at all silly in the slightest. It means there are some things you don't understand fully but still like about it. If I had already finished watching the entire series and you wanted answers that I could give as long as I wasn't spoiling anything I'd give you them. At this time you know more than I do. You can actually describe some things in the anime and the manga. That means you have knowledge. It's better than the fanboy's who try to tell me this is awesome and then can't say why.
23457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

ArtyD42 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

I understand where your coming from. In every fandom, there will always be those types of fans, annoying the other fans within the same fandom. Its not easy dealing with them....sometimes.

There are so many questions but hardly any answers and so many secrets and not enough questions.





I think these probably sound silly.


Not at all silly in the slightest. It means there are some things you don't understand fully but still like about it. If I had already finished watching the entire series and you wanted answers that I could give as long as I wasn't spoiling anything I'd give you them. At this time you know more than I do. You can actually describe some things in the anime and the manga. That means you have knowledge. It's better than the fanboy's who try to tell me this is awesome and then can't say why.



Thank you. I tried to think of things to say the best way I could, there are still many things worth learning about this show and manga.












Jah666 
36655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Mississippi
Offline
Posted 9/22/13



I love you Zaraki bro, you are simply amazing in more ways than one!


Also this thread is gonna get huge, and I am going to laugh at each obscene and silly post I see. Thanks for the laughs :D

23899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cocoon
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
I want to watch it, but cannot find a link to somewhere I CAN. Too lazy to go google for it.
23727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside the Black...
Offline
Posted 9/22/13 , edited 9/22/13
I feel like the entirety of this thread is similar to the following:

***
It's a beautiful day.

A young man bites into a fresh, ripe peach. Smelling the crisp morning air, tasting the succulent fruit, this man smiles wide and enjoys his simple life.

Suddenly!
A fat, horny, pimply bloke sprints towards the young man. He screams,

"WHY DO YOU ENJOY THAT PEACH SO MUCH!?"; the young man, surprised, simply bites once again into the succulent peach.

"STOP THAT! STOP ENJOYING THAT FRUIT AND TELL ME WHY YOU LIKE IT. TELL ME WHAT IT TASTES LIKE! TELL ME RIGHT NOW; EXPLAIN TO ME THE FACTS OF THIS PEACH. EXPLAIN TO ME THE REASONS WHY THE FEELINGS YOU ARE FEELING ARE OCCURRING TO YOU. EXPLAIN TO ME IN DETAIL THE REASON WHY THIS PEACH MAKES YOU FEEL THIS WAY, BUT ONLY THE FACTS. EXPLAIN TO ME THE TASTE, THE SENSATION, THE SMELL, THE WAY YOU DIGEST IT, THE VERY TEXTURE OF THIS FRUIT. EXPLAAAAAAAIIIIIN!!!!"

The young man stares at this fat and greasy person, bewildered at his psychosis. He knows that this man will never understand his calm and pleasant demeanor. For the fat and greasy man is insane, and wants only what the young man feels. But feels can only be felt, and the young man feels them alone, unable to explain. Such emotions can only be felt and not explained. But he is happy...and the fat and greasy man...is still insane...

and fat and greasy.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.