First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
my dog passed away, How do i cope with it?
10378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 9/20/13
Cry every moment you need to. It is natural to cry when you need to. I too am a weak guy and still cry about my cats from years ago. It is just something your body needs to do. Think of all the happy moments and try not to think of the day he left. Lock yourself up in your room, listen to some music and just think about it. Have a personal time for yourself. Cry it out once a day or so. Then leave your room and try to live your life. I completely understand how you are because I am emotionally weak as well.

Take care of yourself. Sorry this happened to you. I am sure your friend was happy being yours
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 9/20/13
Let the time pass, and do not try to bottle up your emotions.

Sorry for your loss, man..
Posted 9/20/13

yungmaestro wrote:

You man up and think of the good times get a pic framed or something and drive on forgive me if it comes off rude but ive been there myself sorry about your loss.


It isn't about being a MAN. Sadness is what it is.
22216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

anti-lambsacrifice wrote:


yungmaestro wrote:

You man up and think of the good times get a pic framed or something and drive on forgive me if it comes off rude but ive been there myself sorry about your loss.


It isn't about being a MAN. Sadness is what it is.


Sad is sad its a natural human emotion, but what good is letting it keep you down accept what happen and deal with it by staying strong is what i meant by Man up


Posted 9/20/13 , edited 9/20/13

yungmaestro wrote:


anti-lambsacrifice wrote:


yungmaestro wrote:

You man up and think of the good times get a pic framed or something and drive on forgive me if it comes off rude but ive been there myself sorry about your loss.


It isn't about being a MAN. Sadness is what it is.


Sad is sad its a natural human emotion, but what good is letting it keep you down accept what happen and deal with it by staying strong is what i meant by Man up




I'm sorry but if something happens that never needed to, it's not something you can just not be bothered by.
And if you really believe that, man is not the only one who should be entitled.

11417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 9/20/13
I remember when one of my dogs died. It didn't even make it past 1 year old because it got hit by a car but I was still distraught. Naturally you're going to be upset and unfortunately the only healer that will probably work is time. Failing that just do whatever you can to take your mind off it. If you're occupied with something you can't think about that because naturally your brain will be focused on something else.
22216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

anti-lambsacrifice wrote:


yungmaestro wrote:


anti-lambsacrifice wrote:


yungmaestro wrote:

You man up and think of the good times get a pic framed or something and drive on forgive me if it comes off rude but ive been there myself sorry about your loss.


It isn't about being a MAN. Sadness is what it is.


Sad is sad its a natural human emotion, but what good is letting it keep you down accept what happen and deal with it by staying strong is what i meant by Man up




I'm sorry but if something happens that never needed to, it's not something you can just not be bothered by.
And if you really believe that, man is not the only one who should be entitled.


And i'm not saying not to be bothered by it but shit happens its life ,we all deal with it in different ways he asked how to cope with it and i gave my opinion you can disagree all you want or give him your opinion instead of telling me.

Posted 9/20/13

yungmaestro wrote:


anti-lambsacrifice wrote:


yungmaestro wrote:


anti-lambsacrifice wrote:


yungmaestro wrote:

You man up and think of the good times get a pic framed or something and drive on forgive me if it comes off rude but ive been there myself sorry about your loss.


It isn't about being a MAN. Sadness is what it is.


Sad is sad its a natural human emotion, but what good is letting it keep you down accept what happen and deal with it by staying strong is what i meant by Man up




I'm sorry but if something happens that never needed to, it's not something you can just not be bothered by.
And if you really believe that, man is not the only one who should be entitled.


And i'm not saying not to be bothered by it but shit happens its life ,we all deal with it in different ways he asked how to cope with it and i gave my opinion you can disagree all you want or give him your opinion instead of telling me.



Maybe if I knew how to help, I would. It doesn't mean I agree with you.
Peace.
21049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London Ontario
Offline
Posted 9/20/13
Let it all out. Cry as much as you have to, and once you've calmed down a bit think of a happy memory. After crying and feeling really sad you'll be able to think clearly and remember all the good times It's going to be tough, but each time you'll cry a little less. Take it one step at a time. When you feel sad about it, try thinking " I'm grateful for all the fun we had". Hang in there man!
Posted 9/20/13 , edited 9/20/13
it very hard i had my dog pass away when i was 7
you just have to work through it
i am sorry for your loss
Posted 9/20/13
Try to remember all the good times you've had and remember that it was and (still is) something special. And I'm not saying that overcoming grief is easy but given enough time some wounds will heal. However I'm not that naive, eventually you will start to feel a void as though something is missing in your life and you will start to miss your dog; from that point on i recommend reaching out to people to fill in that void (and reach out and talk to people who have gone through a similar experience). Not to mention family and friends, the emotional support you'll receive will help you get through this.
18622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Inside your close...
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

Mokichii wrote:

Let it all out. Cry as much as you have to, and once you've calmed down a bit think of a happy memory. After crying and feeling really sad you'll be able to think clearly and remember all the good times It's going to be tough, but each time you'll cry a little less. Take it one step at a time. When you feel sad about it, try thinking " I'm grateful for all the fun we had". Hang in there man!


Thank you
18622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Inside your close...
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

Sage0fsixpath wrote:

it very hard i had my dog pass away when i was 7
you just have to work through it
i am sorry for your loss


I'm sorry for your loss. I'm hanging in there. This is just too much for me.
18622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Inside your close...
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

KiteCross wrote:

Try to remember all the good times you've had and remember that it was and (still is) something special. And I'm not saying that overcoming grief is easy but given enough time some wounds will heal. However I'm not that naive, eventually you will start to feel a void as though something is missing in your life and you will start to miss your dog; from that point on i recommend reaching out to people to fill in that void (and reach out and talk to people who have gone through a similar experience). Not to mention family and friends, the emotional support you'll receive will help you get through this.


All the memories I had with her makes me smile, I just miss her and having her around. She was always near me and she couldn't walk because she was disabled. I try to think that she doesn't have to suffer anymore because she had a hard time with her life. She couldn't walk around that much. I just miss her.
Posted 9/20/13 , edited 9/20/13

AnthonyJustin wrote:


KiteCross wrote:

Try to remember all the good times you've had and remember that it was and (still is) something special. And I'm not saying that overcoming grief is easy but given enough time some wounds will heal. However I'm not that naive, eventually you will start to feel a void as though something is missing in your life and you will start to miss your dog; from that point on i recommend reaching out to people to fill in that void (and reach out and talk to people who have gone through a similar experience). Not to mention family and friends, the emotional support you'll receive will help you get through this.


All the memories I had with her makes me smile, I just miss her and having her around. She was always near me and she couldn't walk because she was disabled. I try to think that she doesn't have to suffer anymore because she had a hard time with her life. She couldn't walk around that much. I just miss her.


Like I said it's not going to be easy, but with time and people it will help you. However when time comes for you to move on or not it will be entirely up to you and no one else. But I would like to think that she did not suffered at all, because you were there for her from the beginning to the end. If anything I would like to believe that she was happy with the time she spent with you and I'm pretty sure you feel the same way too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.