First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Hollywood actors meets your favorite anime show and characters?
17997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/21/13
Okay. I could not stop thinking about this and just need to make a thread. Are there any Hollywood actors that can voice your favorite anime character really well? Funimation's actors, some of them are quite talented, but ignore them for a bit. So show a picture of your favorite character then show a picture of a Hollywood actor that has what it takes. I've been curious to know if those actors can do great in the English dubs just like the Japanese voice actors. Unfortunately, this might not ever happen but its nice to dream about it. Even if you can name me a non Hollywood actors that plays on various television series that would be great. If you live in a foreign country then the same replies to you as well. This should mainly be for the anime shows that haven't been dubbed in English yet. So tell/show me your opinions.

If you don't like English dubs regardless, all I have to say is "hello and thanks for commenting." If you're content with your Funimation actors then tell me who your favorite is.



I'm not sure if this thread exist or not but let me know.
Thanks a bunches a take care.
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
[blue Let's see I enjoy the performances of ]Luci Christian, Crispin Freeman, Todd Haberkorn, and Yuri Lowenthal. Of course Wendy Lee and Steve Blum, Beau Billingslea, Kate Higgins, Chris Patton, Monica Rial, Colleen Clinkenbeard Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Grey Deleslie, Jennifer Hale, Keith David, John DiMaggio, Fred Tatisciore Nolan North, Allison Keith-Shipp and Laura Bailey-Willingham are some of the best. Oh and Vic Mignona, Amanda Winn Lee, Johnny Yong Bosch, Erin Fitzgerald, Cristina Vee, Patrick Seitz, Greg and Chris Ayers, Kyle Hebert, Sean Schemel, Aaron Dismuke and are some of my favorite all time dub actors. I can't just lump them in one company category. A lot of my favorite actors have such an extensive track record. And I can't just name one favorite all time. Please forgive me if I misspelled any their real or stage names. Let's get some more input from other CR users' favorite dub actors.
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
[ There's one picture of Crispin Freeman.
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
OH and I forgot this phenomenal voice actress: Ms. Kari Wahlgren!
17997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/21/13

XD4Anime34 wrote:

[blue Let's see I enjoy the performances of ]Luci Christian, Crispin Freeman, Todd Haberkorn, and Yuri Lowenthal. Of course Wendy Lee and Steve Blum, Beau Billingslea, Kate Higgins, Chris Patton, Monica Rial, Colleen Clinkenbeard Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Grey Deleslie, Jennifer Hale, Keith David, John DiMaggio, Fred Tatisciore Nolan North, Allison Keith-Shipp and Laura Bailey-Willingham are some of the best. Oh and Vic Mignona, Amanda Winn Lee, Johnny Yong Bosch, Erin Fitzgerald, Cristina Vee, Patrick Seitz, Greg and Chris Ayers, Kyle Hebert, Sean Schemel, Aaron Dismuke and are some of my favorite all time dub actors. I can't just lump them in one company category. A lot of my favorite actors have such an extensive track record. And I can't just name one favorite all time. Please forgive me if I misspelled any their real or stage names. Let's get some more input from other CR users' favorite dub actors.


So you're content with those Funimation voice actors voicing your favorites? Alright then.
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
It's Natsu(Fairy Tail), Yang from Super Street Fighter IV , Death the Kid, and more..
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
He should be on my list, definitely- Beast Boy is one of my favorite Teen Titans. Kevin Levi(Ben 10)n, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! I guess he's Hollywood material since he was in Fast and Furious (2009) and Ghost Whisperer and Cold Case. hit up imdb.com for more info.
17997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/21/13

XD4Anime34 wrote:

He should be on my list, definitely- Beast Boy is one of my favorite Teen Titans. Kevin Levi(Ben 10)n, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! I guess he's Hollywood material since he was in Fast and Furious (2009) and Ghost Whisperer and Cold Case. hit up imdb.com for more info.


Coolie
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
And we have this gentleman right here, Mr. Kevin Michael Richardson. His credentials need no introduction. I first came across his performance on Samurai Jack. But, he's been voicing characters way longer than that. Remember the Dexter's Lab episode when Dee-Dee lost her voice only to have Dexter transplant the voice of a Baritone singer? He did that voice. he was also on network TV in a comedy with Holly Robinson Peete back in the day.
13726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 9/21/13 , edited 9/21/13
Voice actors I like: the Green ranger, the guy who voiced Muttsulini.

Actors I'd like to hear in anime: George Takei, Patrick Stewart. Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Neeson, Tom Hardy, Gilbert Gottfried, Will Smith, Seth MacFarlane perhaps. I don't know which characters they could voice though.
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
Well I'm not so privy to FUNimation's actors per se'. But, lately they've been snagging all of the good anime titles and dubbing them pretty well. Persona 4 and Bleach are FUNi licenses and those dubs are pretty good. I'm hoping that they'll somehow secure Full Metal Panic! again if there is a third season and get all of the dub actors together again. I've been watching anime since the old ADV titles were available on DVD. Titles like Blue Seed, Burn Up Excess, Robotech, and so many others. I kind of regret pawning some of my old shows to make room for the new ones. But, hey you gotta' do what you gotta do.
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13 , edited 9/21/13
I surprised there aren't any anime titles that have enlisted George Takei. He's funny in Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. I think Patrick Stewart was in Steamboy( a great dubbed film) I haven't listened to Jennifer Lawrence's voice enough to say I could recommend her for an anime personally. Man, if Liam Neeson or Will Smith employed their voices in an anime that would be awesome. Way better than Will's performance in After Earth.
17997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 9/21/13

Kurodenki wrote:

Voice actors I like: the Green ranger, the guy who voiced Muttsulini.

Actors I'd like to hear in anime: George Takei, Patrick Stewart. Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Neeson, Tom Hardy, Gilbert Gottfried, Will Smith, Seth MacFarlane perhaps. I don't know which characters they could voice though.


Sounds great to hear. Whats your favorite anime series though? Maybe you have a character that any of those actors can voice. Just asking.
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
What do you think of IGPX, I mean Toonami's re-airing of it? I think that Bang Zoom Studios went through an extensive list of actors Hollywood and dub acting wise. It was cool to hear Haley Joel Osment, Michelle Rodriguez, Tom Kenny and Lance Henriksen in that show. I liked the casting of Lance Henriksen and Elijah Wood in Disney's Tron: Uprising. It was a really groundbreaking show, I hope it continues. And it was one of my favorites that feature the voice lovely Emmanuelle Chriqui *whistles. 2011's Thundercats on CN was pretty good too.
13935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/13
I would like to hear Tom Kenny voice some one in One Piece. And I'd like to hear Kevin Michael Richardson voice someone in Kill la Kill. Since LordGenom from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was taken by Jameson Price in the dub.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.