First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Spice and Wolf season 3?? please...
20033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
I love the novels and both seasons, got both on blu ray as well. It would be great to see more but I don't think it sold as well as they had liked to make another season. I don't see many anime that have such a big gap in time between announcements of seasons usually, so I think the chances are slim unfortunately.
47403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

Loliloli wrote:
This is going to kill my paycheck xD I wonder if they have them at booksamillion. It may be worth the trip just to go look. haha

By the way, this is my first time posting in a forum like this, but all of you have been so polite and helpful. :3 Especially you hpulley. Thank you so much for your time ^.^
Paycheque killing yes, but it feels so good to own them LOL.

Welcome to Crunchyroll and to the forum!
10330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
I think season 2 flopped in japan so don't think there will be a season 3
5030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/22/13 , edited 9/22/13
Just went out and grabbed the first novel. I know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my evening. haha

And thank you very much, hpulley! ^-^
47403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

uncletim wrote:

I think season 2 flopped in japan so don't think there will be a season 3

It sold over 5000 copies which is good but obviously it wasn't enough, or the novel sales weren't affected enough as they didn't do more. The novels came out for the next couple of years but sometimes the anime ad effect lasts long enough that you don't need another season with an expected drop.

More surprising to me is that Durarara!! never even got a second season as it sold great, over 22000 copies! And the novels are ongoing so they could promote them more. Sales and sequels don't always make sense...

Loliloli wrote:
Just went out and grabbed the first novel. I know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my evening. haha

And thank you very much, hpulley! ^-^

Enjoy! You're welcome again.
17545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
I've been following the light novels, I would love to have it animated
4419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
The light novel is quite good.. and the end of season 2 was somehow dissatisfactory ... so I vote for season 3 for summer 2014
34515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

Koda89 wrote:

I take the stance of never say never when it comes to a large gap between seasons of anime. Look at how long the gap between the Hajime no Ippo seasons have been.

That being said, the rather weak sales of the series despite its quality probably means no more seasons.


Hajime no Ippo's manga is still ongoing(it is a very long running manga) while Spice & Wolf novels have concluded. So Kadokawa sees no reason to have any more anime since there aren't any new light novels in the series to promote.

As to Holo & Lawrence: BIG SPOILER


47403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

pistolsaf wrote:


Koda89 wrote:

I take the stance of never say never when it comes to a large gap between seasons of anime. Look at how long the gap between the Hajime no Ippo seasons have been.

That being said, the rather weak sales of the series despite its quality probably means no more seasons.


Hajime no Ippo's manga is still ongoing(it is a very long running manga) while Spice & Wolf novels have concluded. So Kadokawa sees no reason to have any more anime since there aren't any new light novels in the series to promote.

As to Holo & Lawrence: BIG SPOILER


BIG SPOILER IMAGE, cover of volume 17:

Koda89 
14642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Online
Posted 9/23/13
Also while we are talking about Spice & Wolf, as I am watching season 2's dub on Netflix(already seen the first season's), can I just say S&W is part of the short list of anime that have what I like to call a perfect dub? What I mean is each voice fits the characters like a glove and due to the setting(in this case a stylized European country), the voices to me seem more natural for the characters than the Japanese voices.

I mean I tried watching the series with the Japanese voices but they just seem....wrong to me, y'know?
17545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

Koda89 wrote:

Also while we are talking about Spice & Wolf, as I am watching season 2's dub on Netflix(already seen the first season's), can I just say S&W is part of the short list of anime that have what I like to call a perfect dub? What I mean is each voice fits the characters like a glove and due to the setting(in this case a stylized European country), the voices to me seem more natural for the characters than the Japanese voices.

I mean I tried watching the series with the Japanese voices but they just seem....wrong to me, y'know?


One of the rare ones, like black lagoon you want to scream at the screen when they speak in japanese HOLO/DUTCH DOES NOT SOUND LIKE THAT!
4419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

pistolsaf wrote:
Hajime no Ippo's manga is still ongoing(it is a very long running manga) while Spice & Wolf novels have concluded. So Kadokawa sees no reason to have any more anime since there aren't any new light novels in the series to promote.


How about not promoting another light novel, but satisfying the fans with a proper anime ending so that the fans know Kadokawa does stuff properly? Maybe fans would buy other novels, because they know Kadokawa is... finishing the job?
34515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

Sesshoumaru-sama wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:
Hajime no Ippo's manga is still ongoing(it is a very long running manga) while Spice & Wolf novels have concluded. So Kadokawa sees no reason to have any more anime since there aren't any new light novels in the series to promote.


How about not promoting another light novel, but satisfying the fans with a proper anime ending so that the fans know Kadokawa does stuff properly? Maybe fans would buy other novels, because they know Kadokawa is... finishing the job?


Kadokawa is primarily a publishing company so manga and light novels sales are what would be more important to them. I know your frustration because I have been wanting more Full Metal Panic and Haruhi for a while now and I would love to see more Spice & Wolf because I really enjoyed it(I also really liked Maoyu ). I'm just commenting on the realities that fans of certain franchises face.

4419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
Maybe this is the reality.. but I least I have some hope, because the japanese take proud in fiinshing jobs
11413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

hpulley wrote:


pistolsaf wrote:


Koda89 wrote:

I take the stance of never say never when it comes to a large gap between seasons of anime. Look at how long the gap between the Hajime no Ippo seasons have been.

That being said, the rather weak sales of the series despite its quality probably means no more seasons.


Hajime no Ippo's manga is still ongoing(it is a very long running manga) while Spice & Wolf novels have concluded. So Kadokawa sees no reason to have any more anime since there aren't any new light novels in the series to promote.

As to Holo & Lawrence: BIG SPOILER


BIG SPOILER IMAGE, cover of volume 17:



from what i heard thats not how it ends
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.