First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
What are your thoughts on wanting to be a parent and not wanting to be one?
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
Hmm.. I used to never want kids just because I didn't want to take on that responsibility. I didn't like the idea of staying up at night to tend to a kid, to put someone else other than myself first, etc.

But I kid you not, after I watched Clannad: After Story, it was like this biological off switch I had on being a parent was flipped on.

Maybe when I'm 30 or so, I would consider having a kid. Part of me finds it interesting to see how my kid would turn out, while another part of me doesn't want to leave this world someday without anything being left behind; before I used to think I could leave a novel or something behind and be okay with that, but I sort-of lost this way of thinking after Clannad: After Story.

Clannad: After Story made me want to be a parent, loool.
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

TakumiMayama wrote:

Hmm.. I used to never want kids just because I didn't want to take on that responsibility. I didn't like the idea of staying up at night to tend to a kid, to put someone else other than myself first, etc.

But I kid you not, after I watched Clannad: After Story, it was like this biological off switch I had on being a parent was flipped on.

Maybe when I'm 30 or so, I would consider having a kid. Part of me finds it interesting to see how my kid would turn out, while another part of me doesn't want to leave this world someday without anything being left behind; before I used to think I could leave a novel or something behind and be okay with that, but I sort-of lost this way of thinking after Clannad: After Story.

Clannad: After Story made me want to be a parent, loool.




Thats so cute.
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

qualeshia3 wrote:
Thats so cute.


Haha, I guess! It was pretty bad at first, I have to admit.
I finished that anime, sat down in the main room of my house, and had this really strong desire to get a kid. It was so conflicting because my logical side was all, "You know good and well you cannot support a kid at this moment with your part-time job and stuff."

But the irrational side of me was kicking my logical side's butt, loool.
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

TakumiMayama wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:
Thats so cute.


Haha, I guess! It was pretty bad at first, I have to admit.
I finished that anime, sat down in the main room of my house, and had this really strong desire to get a kid. It was so conflicting because my logical side was all, "You know good and well you cannot support a kid at this moment with your part-time job and stuff."

But the irrational side of me was kicking my logical side's butt, loool.


I honestly don't hear many guys say that though.
2921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / San Carlos city
Offline
Posted 9/23/13 , edited 9/23/13
That question hasn't strike since well today. I never actually thought of wanting or not wanting to have a child. But I think I do... I'm good with children as long as they aren't naughty and I have a feeling I'll be a strict parent in the future
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

ze04 wrote:

That question hasn't strike since well today. I never actually thought of wanting or not wanting to have a child. But I think I do... I'm good with children as long as they aren't naughty and I have a feeling I'll be a strict parent in the future


Ah okay. I didn't know if this thread would do great or not. I do know that I couldn't stop thinking about the question. Sooo annoying.
I'll stop babbling on about it.
2921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / San Carlos city
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


ze04 wrote:

That question hasn't strike since well today. I never actually thought of wanting or not wanting to have a child. But I think I do... I'm good with children as long as they aren't naughty and I have a feeling I'll be a strict parent in the future


Ah okay. I didn't know if this thread would do great or not. I do know that I couldn't stop thinking about the question. Sooo annoying.
I'll stop babbling on about it.


It's very interesting if that's anything :)
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

ze04 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


ze04 wrote:

That question hasn't strike since well today. I never actually thought of wanting or not wanting to have a child. But I think I do... I'm good with children as long as they aren't naughty and I have a feeling I'll be a strict parent in the future


Ah okay. I didn't know if this thread would do great or not. I do know that I couldn't stop thinking about the question. Sooo annoying.
I'll stop babbling on about it.


It's very interesting if that's anything :)


Thank you.
14182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Dallas, Texas
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
There are probably the same amount of selfish reason to have kids as there are not to have kids. Examples for each: Guy get's married, has kids etc, thinking "this will solve my problems"(sounds ridiculous but unfortunately people get very ridiculous notions about things). 10 years down the road, what were his problems, have now been dumped on his family. Other guy stays single, because "he doesn't want to be tied down", doesn't really concern himself with others, unless he can get something from them of course. Hits middle age, looks start to fade, turns bitter; then dies grumpy and alone 20 years later having lived for no one but himself.
To answer the question about myself: I'm very immature at the moment so I don't see a Mrs. Harris for around 6 years probably, I have my problems which I don't want to become my Wife and my Children's problems. Also, I may stay single my whole life due to the nature of the path my life is taking, that of a missionary. I don't think I have what it takes to minister to a group of people in another country, while raising kids. I feel I would run into a 'trying to catch 2 hares' (if you never heard that one, it doesn't work well) scenario, and that would be unfair to both parties.
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

IamChamp wrote:



Glad u agree with my sincere post .. tsktsk


Posted 9/23/13


stop giving me the "I want u" type smiley face or .. dun dun
some guys can't control themselves as for myself ..
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

IamChamp wrote:



stop giving me the "I want u" type smiley face or .. dun dun
some guys can't control themselves as for myself ..



Ah okay.



37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
How about adoption? Why bring another child into the world when there are plenty that need homes?
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

jordancharacter wrote:

How about adoption? Why bring another child into the world when there are plenty that need homes?


You bring up a good point.
22097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / On the Court
Offline
Posted 9/23/13
Yeah I see your point. I have trouble sometimes talking to girls that already have a kid, because I don't want to wake up and the kid calling me daddy. But, maybe someday I cave in and have one. If I do I want a girl, so I can act like Colonel Hughes from FMAB.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.