First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Does school days deserve all the hate?
17472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
I watched school days after seeing pretty much every anime reviewer on youtube saying it was the worst anime ever made. But you know what? I really enjoyed it! I know right, i must be the anti christ because i liked this series , but i had a good time with it.

I honestly feel like school days is just one of the animes its cool to hate.

Yes i do admit it can be a bit out there at times but that does not make it the worst anime ever does it?

The ending was pretty shocking but it was a REAL ending! I have been let down with lame endings in animes many times. There is no question with this ending it really does end the story. So many animes i have seen where the ending leaves so much unanwsered.




103995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
No.
11044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
Well ummm just cuz everybody hates it or says they hate it doesn't mean I would hate it unless ur a follower type of person ya know!!!
15800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
I like it.
17871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/25/13 , edited 9/25/13
yes yes it does and more Bad art bad acting bad story bad music the only thing it had going for it was a nice boat and they took that out but that is my humble opinion and yes I did watch every god alful moment of that show
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
The problem with it is that it's a deconstruction of harem eroge (specifically) rather than harem anime. The premise being deconstructed is that if you
Which is completely unrealistic, obviously (As in, I don't think anyone actually watching took this for granted). In the context of harem anime, where meaningful romantic relationships hardly even actually happen, School Days seems unrealistic and unnecessary.

I do applaud the show for "going there," but other than that...
Posted 9/25/13 , edited 9/25/13
No, it's not the worst anime out there, people just hate it because the ending didn't correspond to their expectations.

An anime should be judged on characters, story, plot, originality, structure, development, etc. Now let's hypothetically say that School Days didn't end on the depressing note that it did, absolutely no one would be calling it the worst anime in the world, why? Because the ending was happy? Having a happy or sad ending is irrelevant, it's about whether or not it's written well and although School days isn't a great anime, I can name dozens of worse anime that ARE happy but are far less original and bland than School days.

So if anyone says it's the worst, they say that because they don't like the ending, they aren't saying that based off actual merits of grading an anime.

I applaud this anime for it's originality, that's a hell of alot more than I can say for a lot of anime these days that provide no originality and are just made to make a quick buck, at least this anime had a...."POINT" It's not like other animes which are just 12-25 episodes of sheer nothingness, this show had a message to convey.
40315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 9/25/13
How bout you try dying this once? lmao
But to answer your question... no.
Posted 9/25/13
And by the way, people who "Review" anime on youtube aren't really legitimate sources, I mean they are no different than some guy on youtube giving their 2 cents, it's not like these people are the people on Rotten Tomatoes or Siskel and Ebert
17472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/13

uncletim wrote:

yes yes it does and more Bad art bad acting bad story bad music the only thing it had going for it was a nice boat and they took that out but that is my humble opinion and yes I did watch every god alful moment of that show


If it was so bad why did the watch the whole thing then? For example i did not like attack on titan that much but i did not force my self to watch the whole season.



17871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/25/13

drakedogma wrote:

No, it's not the worst anime out there, people just hate it because the ending didn't correspond to their expectations.

An anime should be judged on characters, story, plot, originality, structure, development, etc. Now let's hypothetically say that School Days didn't end on the depressing note that it did, absolutely no one would be calling it the worst anime in the world, why? Because the ending was happy? Having a happy or sad ending is irrelevant, it's about whether or not it's written well and although School days isn't a great anime, I can name dozens of worse anime that ARE happy but are far less original and bland than School days.

So if anyone says it's the worst, they say that because they don't like the ending, they aren't saying that based off actual merits of grading an anime.

I applaud this anime for it's originality, that's a hell of alot more than I can say for a lot of anime these days that provide no originality and are just made to make a quick buck, at least this anime had a...."POINT" It's not like other animes which are just 12-25 episodes of sheer nothingness, this show had a message to convey.


I disagree I found the ending the best part it was torture getting to that point. Honestly it tried so hard to be the dark deconstction of harem anime and failed. Honestly it was almost insulting how they made the girls so damm dumb and the male lead King Dickhead

17871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/25/13 , edited 9/25/13

jorbudy wrote:


uncletim wrote:

yes yes it does and more Bad art bad acting bad story bad music the only thing it had going for it was a nice boat and they took that out but that is my humble opinion and yes I did watch every god alful moment of that show


If it was so bad why did the watch the whole thing then? For example i did not like attack on titan that much but i did not force my self to watch the whole season.




in the vain hope that it might get better........it didn't
40315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 9/25/13

uncletim wrote:

yes yes it does and more Bad art bad acting bad story bad music the only thing it had going for it was a nice boat and they took that out but that is my humble opinion and yes I did watch every god alful moment of that show


Wth? Tell me your joking. Bad art for a 2007 anime? Bad music when it has Innocent Blue (my favorite OP), the emotionally driven Kanashimi no Mukou he and other great background soundtracks? That is extreme bias, im sorry.

I detest Sunday Without God and SAO but at least im honest with their pros and cons. C'mon now...
56908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Online
Posted 9/25/13
I rather enjoyed it, myself, as my review of it states, but it does require one to pay attention in order to see what it is really about. Very deceptive show; looking at the surface does not tell you quite what is going on.
Posted 9/25/13
I don't hate School Days. It's just that everything about the protagonist is psychologically incorrect.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.