Post Reply If they say you're too old...
829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
you're to old to be watching anime or cartoons, just tell them "What are you talking about? Cartoons and anime are made by adults." That'll get them thinking lol.
12378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/25/13

Leechan69 wrote:

you're to old to be watching anime or cartoons, just tell them "What are you talking about? Cartoons and anime are made by adults." That'll get them thinking lol.


I just tell them to bugger off I watch what I want to watch if they don't like it they can take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut

20287 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
I'd ignore them and walk away.

32253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 9/25/13
if it bothers them that much, I'd just go watch more. that'll teach 'em.
humnut 
18524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California. . . F...
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
I've, surprisingly have never had someone tell me I'm to old for anime and cartoons.
19535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
my older brother's friend saw me watching mech anime the other day, he told me "what your still watching cartoons?" ...
... speechless, can't believe someone will really say that to me >_>
Banned
15159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 9/25/13 , edited 9/25/13
I don't think I have ever had anyone tell me that... well, at least not for anime. I can recall one time growing up when I was a teenager that someone told me I was getting too old for cartoons.


kaname08 wrote:

my older brother's friend saw me watching mech anime the other day, he told me "what your still watching cartoons?" ...
... speechless, can't believe someone will really say that to me >_>


I'm shocked! I wouldn't of had anything to retort with, you know? sounds like something my grandfather would say.


uncletim wrote:

I just tell them to bugger off I watch what I want to watch if they don't like it they can take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut



LOL! well said! everyone take note. ^
79172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/25/13 , edited 9/25/13
this is why you watch anime alone, in the dark, secretly, in your room, at night.

just don't watch anything with traps in them you'll wake up the neighbors

15148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Iwatobi!!
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
And who is anyone to judge someone by what they watch? I am 21 and openly watch anime. I don't understand this whole thinking its for kids idea. Obviously people are not in the same century as us I will be watching anime all my life! <3
141682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 9/25/13

qualeshia3 wrote:

I'd ignore them and walk away.



19535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 9/25/13

Compl3te wrote:

I'm shocked! I wouldn't of had anything to retort with, you know? sounds like something my grandfather would say.


lol i know right ...
all i can respond after a brief moment was "it's anime ... >_> "
my grandma never even told me i watch too much cartoons ...
20287 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/25/13

stark700 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

I'd ignore them and walk away.






18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/13
I do two things when someone says this:
1. Ask them if they have ever watched any unedited versions of the old Warner Brothers and MGM cartoons. And, did they think about them in the context of the time. They were intended for adults.
2. Show them screen caps and plot lines from anime shows.

I still remember when I was a teenager watching Robotech (yes, I am that old). My mom watches some of it with me and remarked on how good it was. A lot of people fail to realize that up until the 1990s, about the only shows in the USA that had coherent story arcs were soap operas and some anime that was broadcast in syndication.
37405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 9/26/13
Some people didn`t know the meaning of Rating, 35% anime were R17+ or M+
20287 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/13

xAnimeMadx wrote:

And who is anyone to judge someone by what they watch? I am 21 and openly watch anime. I don't understand this whole thinking its for kids idea. Obviously people are not in the same century as us I will be watching anime all my life! <3


Then you have shows like "Family Guy", "Futurama", Aqua Teen Hungerforce", and etc on television and you really got to question animation for kids.
You must be logged in to post.