First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply New Fall Titles: Yowapeda and Samurai Flamenco
mapokl 
38496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Poland
Online
Posted 9/27/13 , edited 9/27/13

mendo_shutaro wrote:


mipegg wrote:

More UK/EU screwing anime, after the last 2 seasons i thought CR had gotten the hang of this but seemingly not


Something is amiss for sure. Maybe CR are retreating from the EU market, or maybe they're being outbid by some other player which is as yet unknown. Whatever the cause, UK/EU CR subscribers are getting fewer and fewer new shows for their money.


Heh. You say fewer and fewer but it's not true. EU subscribers didn't get that much of anime to begin with. The Scandinavia was more exception, and UK is another thing. From my standpoint there is no fewer shows available this season then previous one.

You say retreating from EU but Crunchy never really was in EU market. It actually maybe one of the reason why they don't get that much licence there. There is not EU branch as far as i know and if they can't licence it for US they don't licence it at all.

Second reason is language problem. What i mean licensors can require to offer locally translated version because they "want for viewers to have full experience" and if nobody can often translation for local language because of "care of customers" they don't licence it at all. For me it sound like crap, most anime fans to become anime fans have to know english anyway but after reading some interviews with Japanese directors I think it's possible.

That's explain why Cruchy suddenly got more South America licences after adding spanish/portugal language. There is no hope for EU with 24 languages if that's a case.

Also, It's wild guess, but i think Anime market in Europe is not so huge especially if compared to whole economy prowess and it's possible that some licensors calculate their price on economical worth of whole market worth and not on worth of anime market. So EU licences are hugely overpriced...

And there also the reason of too tight ass and 19th century thinking.

But it's too soon to make a verdict. For know 4 of 7 shows announced simulcast is available in at least one European Country. 3 of 7 if we don't count UK only. I don't remember exact numbers but t's not much different then previous season.
49525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Bronx New York
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
I am sorry to post this question in this thread, but it is kind of related to the new titles and a potential Crunchyroll glitch involving them. I have attempted to add some of the new shows to my queue and they have not been showing up but when I go to the new shows official page it says that it has been added to my queue. This seems to only be affecting the new titles. Has this happened to anyone else?
25324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/13

mimosa_usagi wrote:

I am sorry to post this question in this thread, but it is kind of related to the new titles and a potential Crunchyroll glitch involving them. I have attempted to add some of the new shows to my queue and they have not been showing up but when I go to the new shows official page it says that it has been added to my queue. This seems to only be affecting the new titles. Has this happened to anyone else?


It's because some of the shows don't have videos yet, so you can't queue nothing.


BEST NEWS: 3 announcements tomorrow!
51995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 9/27/13 , edited 9/27/13

mimosa_usagi wrote:

I am sorry to post this question in this thread, but it is kind of related to the new titles and a potential Crunchyroll glitch involving them. I have attempted to add some of the new shows to my queue and they have not been showing up but when I go to the new shows official page it says that it has been added to my queue. This seems to only be affecting the new titles. Has this happened to anyone else?
Not sure if it is a bug or a feature but it seems shows with no videos no longer show up in your queue so when I add Samurai Flamenco it doesn't show up but Yowapeda does because it has a PV1 episode. Perhaps this is to hide shows when they go away? It used to be you'd have ghost shows left in your queue when the license expired.

Oh and BTW, thanks for Samurai Flamenco and Yowamushi Pedal, Crunchyroll!

3 Saturday announcements? Interesting...
46162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Wales
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
I'd be interested in seeing a numbers comparison between the UK and South Africa...
197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
Is anyone else looking forward to samurai flamenco?
49525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Bronx New York
Offline
Posted 9/27/13 , edited 9/27/13

iblessall wrote: It's because some of the shows don't have videos yet, so you can't queue nothing. :)



hpulley wrote:
Not sure if it is a bug or a feature but it seems shows with no videos no longer show up in your queue so when I add Samurai Flamenco it doesn't show up but Yowapeda does because it has a PV1 episode. Perhaps this is to hide shows when they go away? It used to be you'd have ghost shows left in your queue when the license expired.




Ah I see that makes sense. Thank you guys. The only part that sucks about it is that I was keeping some of the older ghost shows in my queue as a sort of anime dvd shopping list I guess I will have to try and remember what was deleted from my queue (._.)
mapokl 
38496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Poland
Online
Posted 9/27/13
I still have no idea what samurai flamenco will be about. I don't like to dig to much about shows i maybe watch but given images and desc it's quite possible it will go in Tiger & Bunny direction.
51995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 9/27/13 , edited 9/27/13

mimosa_usagi wrote:

Ah I see that makes sense. Thank you guys. The only part that sucks about it is that I was keeping some of the older ghost shows in my queue as a sort of anime dvd shopping list I guess I will have to try and remember what was deleted from my queue (._.)

And now that Samurai Flamenco has a PV... presto, it appears! LOL

Yes, agreed, I was deleting shows off my queue when I'd purchased them. Now I have to use MyAnimeList or something or just remember what I have LOL
Manjador de Licenciamento
19973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Brasil
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
Thank you Aniplex
38588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
I was interested in Samurai Flamenco, so it is good to know CR will be streaming it.
31156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
Wow. Another one not available here... Real shame and I'm starting to lose all the hope I have to get anything to watch at Crunchyroll this season.
10199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / España
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
Damn, I really wanted to see Samurai Flamenco in Spain
40357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/13

NoCookieForYou wrote:

Is anyone else looking forward to samurai flamenco?


I am! It looks really cool from what I've seen and heard about it.
24016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / São Paulo, Brazil
Offline
Posted 9/27/13
Quite possibly the best season for South America ever?

Way to go, CR!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.