First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply No HD streams?
12073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 9/29/13
So I've been hearing that there's no HD app for androids atm specifically for tablets such as nexus 10 so right now I am just looking for an alternative on watching HD anime here in crunchyroll while using my nexus 10

I have flash installed and tried both Dolphin browser and maxthon but it seems both didn't work out as planned

Any suggestions?
17197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / UK
Offline
Posted 10/22/13 , edited 8/30/14
Many Android devices have 1080p or better displays now and SD quality just isn't cutting it anymore.

We need HD on Android devices, even if it's just 720p it would be nice improvement.
The Wise Wizard
77965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 10/22/13

Shocky1 wrote:

Many Android devices have 1080p or better displays now and SD quality just isn't cutting it anymore.

We need HD on Android devices, even if it's just 720p it would be nice improvement.

HD support is slated for the next revision of the Android app.

CR just announced an OUYA app (a device which is based on Android), and that app does support HD, so it is just a matter of time. (I expect coding for a single hardware configuration is far easier than making the same app work on a variety of hardware that runs various versions of Android).
65061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
Has anyone tried the ouya .apk on an android tablet? Maybe it could be extracted and used on some androids.
17197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / UK
Offline
Posted 10/26/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


Shocky1 wrote:

Many Android devices have 1080p or better displays now and SD quality just isn't cutting it anymore.

We need HD on Android devices, even if it's just 720p it would be nice improvement.

HD support is slated for the next revision of the Android app.

CR just announced an OUYA app (a device which is based on Android), and that app does support HD, so it is just a matter of time. (I expect coding for a single hardware configuration is far easier than making the same app work on a variety of hardware that runs various versions of Android).



It's a minor complaint really, for best results on an Android device with 1080p or better display your better off downloading a browser that supports flash and just using the website.

You can stream 1080p quite easily and it looks gorgeous, or at least I can on my Nexus 7 2013 and Galaxy S4. You need to stop your device going to sleep though.

It's just a shame you can't do it with the Android app.



27450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Our 3-D world. Or...
Online
Posted 11/2/13 , edited 12/24/13

Shocky1 wrote:


It's a minor complaint really, for best results on an Android device with 1080p or better display your better off downloading a browser that supports flash and just using the website.

You can stream 1080p quite easily and it looks gorgeous, or at least I can on my Nexus 7 2013 and Galaxy S4. You need to stop your device going to sleep though.

It's just a shame you can't do it with the Android app.





Flash support for androids been getting worse and worse :p. The only browser on my galaxy note 3 that correctly supports it is the UC browser. Others dont work or dont show subtitles. Its only a matter if time when the code meant for ice cream sandwhich wont support devices that are too new.
17197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / UK
Offline
Posted 11/2/13 , edited 12/24/13

987654321bob wrote:

Flash support for androids been getting worse and worse :p. The only browser on my galaxy note 3 that correctly supports it is the UC browser. Others dont work or dont show subtitles. Its only a matter if time when the code meant for ice cream sandwhich wont support devices that are too new.


I know that, but it still works in 4.3. I would suggest rooting your device and installing the aosp browser from the Play Store. It's the only one I find reliable however some flash ads still cause crashes

30687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Near Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 12/24/13
Well it'd be nice to see at least 720p HD if not full 1080p. 480p or SD or whatever it is on android looked fine on my 4.3 inch Android Phone, but on a full 7 inch 720p HD tablet, it looks blurry and terrible.

I hope CR adds HD to Android apps soon. At least 720p if nothing else.
28190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/2/14

lizardmech wrote:

Has anyone tried the ouya .apk on an android tablet? Maybe it could be extracted and used on some androids.


Yes actually I did that hoping to post it here being like bite me heres the hd app. but no dice. it still streams sd on my tablet which has the exact same tegra 3 as the ouya. So I'm thinking its server side or something. I'm gonna try and see if theres a way to trick it into thinking my tablet is an ouya.
38467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/14 , edited 1/6/14

arc_salvo wrote:

Well it'd be nice to see at least 720p HD if not full 1080p. 480p or SD or whatever it is on android looked fine on my 4.3 inch Android Phone, but on a full 7 inch 720p HD tablet, it looks blurry and terrible.

I hope CR adds HD to Android apps soon. At least 720p if nothing else.


Can't imagine how bad it must look on people with 2560x1440/1600 resolutions tablets. See as video watching is a popular use of tablets you think this would be more of a priority but I believe 2014 will finally be the year CR adds HD streaming on android as to when in the year it happens is anyone guess.
38467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/14

Kairoku wrote:


lizardmech wrote:

Has anyone tried the ouya .apk on an android tablet? Maybe it could be extracted and used on some androids.


Yes actually I did that hoping to post it here being like bite me heres the hd app. but no dice. it still streams sd on my tablet which has the exact same tegra 3 as the ouya. So I'm thinking its server side or something. I'm gonna try and see if there's a way to trick it into thinking my tablet is an ouya.


I remember modifying some files on my rooted phone with root explorer to make it looks like a Samsung Galaxy S to the google play store and this unlocked more games there for me then having it as an Atrix 2.
12042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/8/14
I played HD anime, but on the site with a rooted tablet.(but some of the screen gets cut off if I got full screen....have to pinch and zoom ><)
2005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/17/14
Just cancelled my free trial because there's no hd streams on my android devices.
I'll gladly pay when when I can get proper streams in the app.
27087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/14

milenko79 wrote:

Just cancelled my free trial because there's no hd streams on my android devices.
I'll gladly pay when when I can get proper streams in the app.


Been using nothing but free trials for the past year after paying the year prior and waiting for HD. If I wanted 360p, I'd watch it illegally first before paying to watch horrible pixellation.
39376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/22/14
If anyone's still trying to get the Ouya version running, the Ouya Development Kit suggests calling OuyaFacade.getInstance().isRunningOnOUYAHardware() to check the platform. I haven't dug into it to see what that function does, though.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.