First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Name some anime series with questionable titles
22826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 10/2/13
Forget about Fate/Stay night. Not sure about the "Stay Night" part; maybe because most of the battles happen at night.
10419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Alabama, US
Offline
Posted 10/2/13
Gunslinger Girls. If all you saw was the title you would most likely assume it was a shallow girls with guns action show, but as those who have actually watched it will probably attest to, it is anything but that.
21135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/2/13

Lambchopzin wrote:

Gunslinger Girls. If all you saw was the title you would most likely assume it was a shallow girls with guns action show, but as those who have actually watched it will probably attest to, it is anything but that.


Good show though. Its funny how the girls are young and good at shooting. I wasn't expecting the young girls to be so badass like that.
18828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/13
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but for all the people saying OreImo, OniAi is much worse. I mean, at least OreImo could be taken in a non-sexual, caring family-member way, but OniAi literally translates to "As Long as There's Love, it Doesn't Matter if He's my Brother, Right?". Now how could that possibly be taken wrong?
21135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/3/13

cheapshotfail wrote:

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but for all the people saying OreImo, OniAi is much worse. I mean, at least OreImo could be taken in a non-sexual, caring family-member way, but OniAi literally translates to "As Long as There's Love, it Doesn't Matter if He's my Brother, Right?". Now how could that possibly be taken wrong?


Those long titles are getting tedious.
6022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/3/13
Dangan Ronpa is written the way it sounds ダンガンロンパ but the original words are "dangan" 弾丸 "ronpa" 論破, which mean bullet and refutation. In the anime, and probably the game too, I've never played it. When the character's refute something during the class trials, it's called a verbal bullet. So my guess is Dangan Ronpa relates to the way the class trials go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa:_Trigger_Happy_Havoc
6022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/3/13
I've never watched the show, but from the summary, I always thought "Silver Spoon" referred to how the main character lived before, compared to the hard life of a farmer. "Born with a silver spoon in your mouth", right?
6022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/3/13

stark700 wrote:

Servant x Service. For some reason, the title sounds funny like some sort of fan service show. But ofc, it's nothing like that.


Aren't the main characters civil servants providing services ?
142784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/3/13

Apomaro-Mellow wrote:


stark700 wrote:

Servant x Service. For some reason, the title sounds funny like some sort of fan service show. But ofc, it's nothing like that.


Aren't the main characters civil servants providing services ?


But in a civil way, not for purposes you might think in an ecchi/fanservice show, right?
6022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/3/13

stark700 wrote:


Apomaro-Mellow wrote:


stark700 wrote:

Servant x Service. For some reason, the title sounds funny like some sort of fan service show. But ofc, it's nothing like that.


Aren't the main characters civil servants providing services ?


But in a civil way, not for purposes you might think in an ecchi/fanservice show, right?


I admit, when I first heard the title, I immediately imagined something like "maids for hire", but then I found out it was made by the same people behind "Working", and found out it was an office life anime.
21135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/3/13

Apomaro-Mellow wrote:

I've never watched the show, but from the summary, I always thought "Silver Spoon" referred to how the main character lived before, compared to the hard life of a farmer. "Born with a silver spoon in your mouth", right?


That makes sense now that you mentioned it.
I know Hachiken's parents probably have some wealth or probably they're just pushing them to become what they want.
Really hate those type of parents.
38294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/3/13
Mangirl -- I definitely did not even consider that the show might be about manga until I saw it. Then I saw it and was like "oh, that makes sense."
Clannad
Steins;Gate -- still don't understand the semicolon
K
Perfect Blue -- I was kind tired when I saw it though. Maybe I missed something?
Gosick
R-15
21135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 10/3/13

theYchromosome wrote:

Mangirl -- I definitely did not even consider that the show might be about manga until I saw it. Then I saw it and was like "oh, that makes sense."
Clannad
Steins;Gate -- still don't understand the semicolon
K
Perfect Blue -- I was kind tired when I saw it though. Maybe I missed something?
Gosick
R-15


I believe Gosick is pretty much Gothic .
12382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/3/13
Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar it's not really Tenchi Muyo it just kind of hints at it
247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / In my own lalaland
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
Mantamaand kintama lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.