First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Coppelion Discussions
6236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eikou Cram School
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
Episode 2
Emotional-ish episode,so much tears and feels for the characters that is (and only a little bit for me).

Liked Aoi even more after this episode,think she might even become my favorite character now instead of Ibara.

Not so much fanservice,fanservice.
http://i.imgur.com/sFmlWEq.png

Liked the OP,wasn't that good at first but got progressively better near the end.

B2 next episode,can't wait.

42693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hinamizawa
Online
Posted 10/9/13
Good episode. Makes me wanna play Fallout - wonder when the next one will come out.
15294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

VanishingKira wrote:

Episode 2

Not so much fanservice,fanservice.
http://i.imgur.com/sFmlWEq.png


I thought the same exact thing when I saw this. there's gotta be at least one ass-shot in every anime.
22654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CA
Online
Posted 10/10/13
Some of the emotional scenes felt a bit forced to me, though I partially blame the unfitting background music; I could understand Ibara's emotional breakdown, but I couldn't really get into the scene very much because the bgm was too tense/upbeat. Aside from that, I'm liking this anime so far. I like how it portrays its world and the effect the state of the world has on its characters, especially the main trio.
I get the feeling that early episodes will focus on the girls facing situations that contradict their ideals and force them to think hard about their existence and the thin line they walk between 'human' and 'doll.' But the trailers suggest to me that it might take a different direction later on.
28767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 10/10/13
Like everyone else already said, most of the emotional stuff in episode 2 feels really forced and unnatural. It's kind of annoying, because they had plenty of actual drama to work with... then again, maybe there was too much, and that's why it degenerated into a series of melodrama cliches.

It still looks nice, though, and the writing isn't horrible or anything so far, just kinda flat. And from the trailers/opening there's still a lot of world-stuff we haven't seen, so hopefully it'll get better.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/10/13 , edited 10/10/13
I know I shouldn't try to use logic when watching these shows but I can't help it...

The criminal angle helps to explain why they were there but the ending didn't make a lot of sense to me. The father lights a smoke flare to let them know where he is but then he wants them to leave him there. He just wanted them to find him so he could find out if they found her, if she was OK? Would have made more sense to me if he's said he wants to die with his first wife, at her grave or something. But his reason is... He doesn't want to let Miku see him... dying? As a criminal? He wants her to smile? But he thinks her father being left to die by his own wishes will make her smile? I don't get it. I listened to the Japanese to see if anything was missed but no... so I might have to check the manga to see if they skipped anything. Or just turn off my logical brain and just watch this and try to enjoy it as it is presented...

And that was just the start of it... the earlier parts of why she ran, why his second wife... ug. Mysterious delivery truck that stops coming but why was it ever coming in the first place? My head hurts. Too much radiation I guess... but the whole situation with them didn't make a lot of sense to me. Get saved but go to jail and not see the child again but then rather see her die there, die together... blah, I dunno.

And then to go into the leaning hotel on her own, leaving her teammates outside? Because it is too dangerous? OK, maybe but... maybe the three of them could have saved the woman. So perhaps just a bit of a plot device though the whole collapse at that moment is of course unnecessary drama.

With my having to play proxy shenanighans to watch it from Canada (even though Viz has the rights to Canada) I will have to see how much longer I keep watching. If the logic is this twisted for the whole series I may end up dropping it. Hopefully next episode is less forced.

Survivors need a source of food other than the mystery truck otherwise there is no point, they can't live there. The girls wondering about their 18 year lives of training for this purpose doesn't just have them wondering, it has me wondering what their real purpose is as well. How anyone could have survived in Tokyo for that long is perplexing.
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / West Virginia
Offline
Posted 10/10/13
I liked this episode. It showed the girls interacting more with the survivors which was interesting. I didn't like the wife though. I would like to know why the girl ran off in the first place. It was good to see some emotional aspects too. The music is amazing!!!! I'll stick with this anime.
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Offline
Posted 10/10/13
I don't know how I feel about this episode. The drama seems forced and the plot isn't progressing whatsoever, however, this is only the second episode so I really shouldn't expect much in terms of plot.

Don't get me wrong, the show is entertaining but it seems a bit sloppy.

Also, this anime is pastel as f*ck (as to be expected from GoHands) which really gives the animation color making it pop.
Hell I might just watch this show purely because it's just so friggin' pretty.

37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 10/10/13
Okay episode.

What with Ibara's breakdown this episode, it seems like all three of the girls are pretty unstable emotionally. Maybe a by-product of their genetic engineering? Clearly, they all have identity issues, which is really interesting considering it seems like they were brought up in a fairly positive, nurturing environment.

I agree that so far it seems to be a little bit on the sloppy side, by I still enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to the rest of the show.

ED is the best of the season BY FAR.
Koda89 
32617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 10/10/13
I......hmm......I don't know what to think about this show now. Episode 1 did a good job at building this world and of course the series is pretty to look at, but man episode 2 was rough. Forced dramatic moments, random and kinda tasteless fanservice bit(I love fanservice but did we REALLY need it during a literal life and death situation? Hell nah.), and info revealed in this episode is kinda illogical and is somewhat beginning to unravel this excellent and interfering world episode 1 built.

I won't drop the series because I never really drop these short series, but it certainly needs to do a lot of work to get back on my good side. Currently I'm projecting it to end up in the bottom half of my rankings for this season if things hold steady and don't improve.
29308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 10/10/13
Just give the show time people! 2 episodes isn't gonna develop all that much, we still have 10 or so left!
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/13 , edited 10/10/13

iblessall wrote:

Okay episode.

What with Ibara's breakdown this episode, it seems like all three of the girls are pretty unstable emotionally. Maybe a by-product of their genetic engineering? Clearly, they all have identity issues, which is really interesting considering it seems like they were brought up in a fairly positive, nurturing environment.

I agree that so far it seems to be a little bit on the sloppy side, by I still enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to the rest of the show.

ED is the best of the season BY FAR.


You hit the nail on the head!

Also I was wondering if anybody else noticed what looked to be swastikas on the map at about 5:36?
15350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/13

jpc1278 wrote:


iblessall wrote:

Okay episode.

What with Ibara's breakdown this episode, it seems like all three of the girls are pretty unstable emotionally. Maybe a by-product of their genetic engineering? Clearly, they all have identity issues, which is really interesting considering it seems like they were brought up in a fairly positive, nurturing environment.

I agree that so far it seems to be a little bit on the sloppy side, by I still enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to the rest of the show.

ED is the best of the season BY FAR.


You hit the nail on the head!

Also I was wondering if anybody else noticed what looked to be swastikas on the map at about 5:36?


Those usually mark locations of Buddhist temples. It has nothing to do with Nazis, in case you wondering.
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/13 , edited 10/10/13

megatronus wrote:


jpc1278 wrote:


iblessall wrote:

Okay episode.

What with Ibara's breakdown this episode, it seems like all three of the girls are pretty unstable emotionally. Maybe a by-product of their genetic engineering? Clearly, they all have identity issues, which is really interesting considering it seems like they were brought up in a fairly positive, nurturing environment.

I agree that so far it seems to be a little bit on the sloppy side, by I still enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to the rest of the show.

ED is the best of the season BY FAR.


You hit the nail on the head!

Also I was wondering if anybody else noticed what looked to be swastikas on the map at about 5:36?


Those usually mark locations of Buddhist temples. It has nothing to do with Nazis, in case you wondering.


Thats exactly what I was wondering! Well now I feel stupid! Thanks for the info!
15350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/13

jpc1278 wrote:


megatronus wrote:


jpc1278 wrote:


iblessall wrote:

Okay episode.

What with Ibara's breakdown this episode, it seems like all three of the girls are pretty unstable emotionally. Maybe a by-product of their genetic engineering? Clearly, they all have identity issues, which is really interesting considering it seems like they were brought up in a fairly positive, nurturing environment.

I agree that so far it seems to be a little bit on the sloppy side, by I still enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to the rest of the show.

ED is the best of the season BY FAR.


You hit the nail on the head!

Also I was wondering if anybody else noticed what looked to be swastikas on the map at about 5:36?


Those usually mark locations of Buddhist temples. It has nothing to do with Nazis, in case you wondering.


Thats exactly what I was wondering! Well now I feel stupid! Thanks for the info!


You're welcome. And no need to feel stupid. I remember wondering the same thing the first time I saw an Asian version of a swastika. Usually our only exposure to that symbol in western (or at least American) media is the version used by Nazi Germany in WWII.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.