First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
Series with the WORST Fanbase
11226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/4/13
I'm not a huge fan of the Clannad fanbase. I agree that Clannad is a good series, but I hear countless people worshipping Clannad as either an epic masterpiece, or the best series ever made. I get so irritated every time I hear the same thing over and over. Clannad may be a good series, but it comes nowhere near close to an epic masterpiece. Even After Story wasn't all that good. I am proud to say that Clannad is the most overrated anime I have ever seen.
12047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/4/13 , edited 10/4/13
Pewdiepie- His fans are the most protective, whiny, idiots on the internet, and his videos aren't funny at all.

COD- No explanation needed.

Attack on Titan- Way too annoying. And they flood my tumblr every week.

Sonic- They're seriously impossible to please.

GTA- Overrated series.

Fairy Tail- The fans are just as annoying, and stupid as the series.

Sword Art Online- *Sigh*

DBZ- Ermahgerd bes anime evah. No it's not. Shut your mouth DBZ fanboys.

BattleField- Most of the fans are just ex-Cod fans who switched to Battlefield because they want to be hipsters. And Battlefield isn't even that good, it's pretty generic, but with good graphics.
38128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 10/4/13

Sunnoir wrote:

For sports, Pittsburgh Steeler fans, Detroit Red Wings fans, and until they started sucking badly lately: Oakland Raider fans. But mainly the most annoying are bandwagoners, but not even those who like a team that's good, they are easy to dismiss, I hate those who cheer for a team for the sole reason of rooting against another team. It's fine to pick a team to cheer for but don't act like you've been a fan your whole life or act as though you're as much of a fan as the person whose team your cheering against.

I knew what this Justin Beiber thing was as soon as it started so I've avoided his fan base thanks to suffering from Clay Aiken's fan base back then.

As far as games, I think any game that can be played online will have a portion of fans that no one can stand including other fans of that same game. As a former WoW player I can say the fanbase itself isn't bad but there are in a large portion of asses you'll encounter when you play.

And for anime, the two worst fan bases are those who feel they are the experts on what anime is, two biggest offenders Cartoon vs Anime (People who will not allow shows like Teen Titans or Avatar be even mentioned in the same breath as ANY anime) and Dubbed vs Subbed


Yeah, I know what you mean. My mom is a semi-Pittsburg fan and also a Cowboys fan at the same time (don't ask me how) and she drives me insane whenever a game is on. As for football, there's no arguing those teams' fanbases, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers fanbase is pretty bad. They aren't known to be awful, but they can get pretty vicious. Also, Red Sox fans and Philadelphia Eagles fans are the worst!
38128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 10/4/13

Gourmetsloth wrote:

Pewdiepie- His fans are the most protective, whiny, idiots on the internet, and his videos aren't funny at all.

COD- No explanation needed.

Attack on Titan- Way too annoying. And they flood my tumblr every week.

Sonic- They're seriously impossible to please.

GTA- Overrated series.

Fairy Tail- The fans are just as annoying, and stupid as the series.

Sword Art Online- *Sigh*

DBZ- Ermahgerd bes anime evah. No it's not. Shut your mouth DBZ fanboys.

BattleField- Most of the fans are just ex-Cod fans who switched to Battlefield because they want to be hipsters. And Battlefield isn't even that good, it's pretty generic, but with good graphics.


Great reasoning! That definitely doesn't sound like pure hate... (/sarcasm)
Posted 10/4/13

Jason546 wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of the Clannad fanbase. I agree that Clannad is a good series, but I hear countless people worshipping Clannad as either an epic masterpiece, or the best series ever made. I get so irritated every time I hear the same thing over and over. Clannad may be a good series, but it comes nowhere near close to an epic masterpiece. Even After Story wasn't all that good. I am proud to say that Clannad is the most overrated anime I have ever seen.


THIS. SO MUCH.

I personally hate Clannad, and even After Story (though better) is HIGHLY overrated. Since when does being cute and moe because wonderful character traits?

I agree with you. It is THE most overrated series I've ever seen as well.
12047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/4/13
It's not out of pure hate. I actually like a few of the things I put, but dislike the fanbase. I like Attack on Titan, Sonic, San Andreas, and Dragon Ball, but it's their fanbases that I hate.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/13

DetectiveAlex wrote:

This thread needs to be closed as soon as possible. It offers no bases for discussion about anything and only serves to start flamewars. Op, you're bad.


You seriously need an award. Every time I see a hate thread on any forum everyone always gets carried away with it. For someone to be the voice of reason say something like this makes really happy that there are still people out there that can keep their feet planted firmly on the ground and not get swept up by negative emotions.

As for the topic of worst fan-bases. Rather than just generalizing everyone in a fan-base, you should be thinking about each individual fan in that fan base. You simply assume that just because some one belongs to a particular fan base that they are going to be terrible people. When you really put some thought into it anime in general has a really niche fan-base. Then to have an even smaller, dedicated fan-base inside that for one particular anime would make it seem ridiculously small. Even then the people you may have encountered might just be a vocal minority. This sort of thing can be applied to any kind of fan-base. What most people in this thread seem to be doing is similar to hating candy just because you tried one kind of candy and didn't like it.

I essentially see this thread as a bunch smug people getting together and hating on any fan-base they have had a bad experience with, no matter how small they are, but I think you are all missing the big picture here. People are gonna be people no matter what. You think that by bad mouthing people in these fan-bases that you are better than them, but guess what? You aren't, you are just as bad as them if not even more so.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 10/5/13

DetectiveAlex wrote:

This thread needs to be closed as soon as possible. It offers no bases for discussion about anything and only serves to start flamewars. Op, you're bad.


Perhaps your point is valid, or perhaps argument is the wellspring of all worthwhile discussions.

But.... It's basis. BASIS.

19325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
Anything that has a massive fanbase is going to have a few a-holes.
10222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
COD man...damn.
17735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Francisco Bay...
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
Seriously, no mentions of the Gundam fanbase? There is always someone complaining about something Seed related, and bashing it into the ground. e.g. typical discussions on Gundam Seed Destiny.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWHKT8eH8s

And this is coming from a big Gundam fan. One of the big bloggers of Gundam news quit a number of years ago because he couldn't handle the amount of vitriol anymore.
11478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Washington State USA
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
Why dont you just rename this thread " lets bash on popular things"............... seriously get a life
61121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Offline
Posted 10/5/13

Wrathfulram wrote:

Why dont you just rename this thread " lets bash on popular things"............... seriously get a life


A thread about hard core groups of people that tend to put you off, filled with posts of people telling what groups those are for them and, in many cases, giving actual reasons for why those groups annoy them.

The only reason to hate on this thread is if you took what someone said personally, which no one has posted against any particular individual.

As for the topic:

I agree that Hetalia is not a great fanbase. I think that this show shows a great deal of disrespect for both the historical accuracy of the time, and towards the actual events that transpired. It's essentially turning the massacre of millions of civilians and tens of millions of soldiers into a slap stick comedy routine. It also misrepresents the events of that time, and downplays them, an attitude reflected by it's fanbase. I find this incredibly ignorant and demoralizing as a human being. The very fact that, when I bring up these arguments to a group of this fanbase, they tell me "it's just a joke" or what not, just reinforces my opinion of them. WWII was not 'just a joke', and it is inappropriate AND disrespectful to make light of the death of so many lives. I don't recall there ever being a sitcom based upon the bubonic plague.

When you specify COD, I go meh, but I really think that anyone who plays games hard core, and for laughs joins up with their clan or guild or group or what not, and then steam rolls everyone else on a server, that those are the worste types of gamers. Anyone who takes a game that seriously and then plays with the general public for the sake of rubbing it in really deserves to die in a fire. If you need to do something to feel superior, and think you accomplish that by being a tryhard, it's kinda sad, and you aggrovate anyone else who is playing simply to relax and mess around. Saying that you are just messing around and saying shit like 'pwned bitch' is not messing around. Running around and pwning people while laughing uncontrollably on the mic and joking around with people, that's how you mess around. I don't get mad at people that try hard, get into a tight spot, then say 'yolo' and jump off a building spray and praying at the last enemy. That's funny.


movies? Anyone that can't watch honest trailers on youtube (or everything wrong with x in x minutes) series needs to relax. This mostly applies to twilight.


Essentially anyone that can't take criticism for anything needs to bugger off. When groups of them join forces, they make the list IMO.
17719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/5/13 , edited 10/5/13


The yaoi pairings only annoy me because its everywhere I turn(I enjoy yaoi but the Hetalia fandom is crazy with it). Hetalia could have been an anime show that makes fun of EVERY cultural stereotype both positive and negative. Its understandable that you feel that way towards the fandom and what the show represents.

In every fandom there will be crazies and people just like you................WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!






4220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Studying my ass o...
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
Anime with big fanbase is bound to have some "troubles" there and there
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.