First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Series with the WORST Fanbase
Banned
7748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 10/6/13

InfiniteRegress wrote:

Not really a 'series', but people who use the term PC Master Race.

Yes, yes, we get it. You spent $1000+ on your 'battlestation', and this means you're somehow superior to us 'poorfags'.
I guess it never occurred to you that perhaps we're not as enthralled as you are by the latest First Person Shooter, or that we understand that great graphics don't make an amazing game.
Perhaps we enjoy JRPGs as opposed to the lame, dumbed down genre known as 'Western RPGs' that PC gamers seem to adore so much. Or maybe we like the fact that we can go to the store and actually purchase a physical disc, not to mention place it in our console disc tray and know for certain that we don't have to worry about the specs of our system, or having an adequate graphics processor?

</rant>


Yeah the PC master race crowd are a bunch of twats but no need to condemn the western games industry like that, JRPGs are full of faults and repetitive gameplay too sometimes xD
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
Not a series, but K-pop fans drive me insane.
9797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Trost
Offline
Posted 10/6/13 , edited 10/6/13
I'd have to say Call of Duty. I mean geez....i cant even play the game anymore. Also, I know people who treat Naruto like its a religion. Loosen up man!
28445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Nowhere... everyw...
Offline
Posted 10/6/13 , edited 10/6/13
so, i know its probably been said on here, but.... bad fandoms arent actually inherently bad. it just means the fandom is so big that it attracts some.... undesirable fans in the process. i like a ton of the things on that list, a lot, but i dont badmouth people for disliking it.... unless they want to be a dick to me about how much they dislike it lol
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/6/13 , edited 10/6/13
SnK and Free.

Fujoshits are the cancer killing the industry.
55161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / WA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/6/13 , edited 10/6/13

ninjajake12 wrote:As for video games, COD. Even though I enjoy playing it from time to time, the crappy fanbase makes me want to get right back off. Oddly enough, it's not even mostly filled with 12-year-olds anymore, now it's just gamers with lack of skill who camp all day...totally takes any sort of fun away from the game (however little that is anyways).


I remember annoying my nephew when he'd play CoD and complain about campers. I'd be like "In real combat, aren't you supposed to move slowly and carefully at times, staying put when it makes sense to do so?" He'd give me such an evil glare. (I may be victim blaming here, but campers are around because of CoD's being a try hard. If it didn't want people to play realistically, it shouldn't have tried to be so and not do it very well.) I also gave him crap about acting like 12-year-old on CoD. Because he was quite literally 12. Stereotypically so. I'd tell him "If you can't think of an original insult, don't say one at all." and stuff like that.
6060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / South Holland, Il...
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
Twitards will always be the worst for me. Except for the rarely seen casual fans, they are easily the most annoying.

Also, even though I am one of the biggest Kpop fans around, the more extreme ones really get on my nerves. They make the rest of us look like brainless twats, which is why I feel some sympathy for the more sensible Twilight fans.

OH, and Yaoi fangirls. I don't get Yaoi. It doesn't appeal to me any more than hetero romance/smut/hentai/whatever. It's all the same in my book. I don't get why two guys makes it better. But anyways, the fans. I can deal with the ones who just like actual Yaoi. But what REALLY annoys me are those fans who take normal series and just ship the hell out of every male character. I don't like shipping period, as a matter of fact. Too many arguments.
14758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Winding Circle
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
People keep saying it's only a few fans...

Practically every single Harry Potter fan out there has this one character or ship they defend, and they won't debate. They'll cling stubbornly to their character or ship and if anyone says a word against their fandom "that's hating!" or "stop bullying"... basically fans have become so paranoid about bullying that any opposing opinion is hate.

And I mean almost every Harry Potter fan I see on Facebook acts like that. The admins do, the fans do, sure there are some good people in there who just roll with it and are completely nice... but the bad ones far outweigh the good ones, and this is out of thousands. That's what it looks like to me.
6155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
SAO...
7060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
Your favorite anything.
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/6/13

puellapeanut wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:

This thread needs to be closed as soon as possible. It offers no bases for discussion about anything and only serves to start flamewars. Op, you're bad.


It is not my fault that people on Crunchyroll cannot ever stick to the main theme of the thread, and must always branch off into different topics, or completely unrelated subjects. If people cannot talk about something without flaming each other/generalizing etc, that is their fault, not mine.


The topic is bad and that much is OP's fault. This thread is pretty much: complain about something you don't like. It's terrible. There's no discussion to be had.
10640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Around
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
I personally think that, no matter what series of books, tv shows, anime, etc... you talk about there are always going to be those die hard fans, that no matter what you say or do they will defend their show to the bitter end. Those are the kinds of fans that completely turn off people from reading/watching/playing the thing in question.

I can certainly understand that everyone has their own tastes when it comes to entertainment, but whenever a fan tries to shove their belief as to why their show, book, game, or whatever they are talking about is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know about you guys but that just pisses me the hell off. The sad part about that is that because of these die hard fans, they invite all kinds of people to bash on what they like because it's over hyped or the haters come up with something stupid to bash on them for. Personally I think it hurts the fandom by turning off potential fans.

Point being, that no matter how much you whine, or complain about it there will always be hard core fans of many things, that are willing fight tooth and nail to prove why their favorite is the best. But I do admit that some entertainment outlets have increadilbly annoying fans that won't shut up about their favorite game/book/anime. Those are just my two cents on the matter.
Posted 10/6/13

DetectiveAlex wrote:


puellapeanut wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:

This thread needs to be closed as soon as possible. It offers no bases for discussion about anything and only serves to start flamewars. Op, you're bad.


It is not my fault that people on Crunchyroll cannot ever stick to the main theme of the thread, and must always branch off into different topics, or completely unrelated subjects. If people cannot talk about something without flaming each other/generalizing etc, that is their fault, not mine.


The topic is bad and that much is OP's fault. This thread is pretty much: complain about something you don't like. It's terrible. There's no discussion to be had.


First off, if you felt the topic was bad, why are you even posting here in the first place? Secondly; fine, so you don't like the topic - how is it the OP's fault that you personally feel the topic bites?

The thread has been made into a complain-fest because of how the posters have responded to the thread with their commentary. It is not the OP's fault that people must turn everything into a whining/fandoms war.

Thirdly, you say that the thread "is pretty much: complain about something you don't like".

...Well, aren't you doing that very thing by complaining about the topic being bad and how there is no discussion to be had? Why are you even here since all you're doing is complaining and not discussing what the thread is supposed to be about?

You're contradicting yourself there mate.
5095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/6/13 , edited 10/6/13
really dislike fans of the punisher.
especially when they're cover entirely in black except for the abundance of white skulls covering them
thats right you've seen them.

along those lines i dislike people that are really into children of bodom or any other new generic metal
"pentagram is also band its not just a symbol for your questionable association with the occult FYI" :happy:

okay i'm going to stop now, i'm starting to sound like end of high school pretentious again and i'm turning twenty one next saturday
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/6/13

puellapeanut wrote:

First off, if you felt the topic was bad, why are you even posting here in the first place? Secondly; fine, so you don't like the topic - how is it the OP's fault that you personally feel the topic bites?

The thread has been made into a complain-fest because of how the posters have responded to the thread with their commentary. It is not the OP's fault that people must turn everything into a whining/fandoms war.

Thirdly, you say that the thread "is pretty much: complain about something you don't like".

...Well, aren't you doing that very thing by complaining about the topic being bad and how there is no discussion to be had? Why are you even here since all you're doing is complaining and not discussing what the thread is supposed to be about?

You're contradicting yourself there mate



I just came here to report the thread and state why I don't like it.

The reason I say it's Op's fault is because the topic can't be discussed in anyway but a flamewar. You say you don't like x fanbase. Then someone form x fanbase comes and asks why you don't like it. And you say why. And they tell you well that's not blank or blank, etc etc. It's just really poor discussion. The very nature of it starts arguments that neither side can win.


I'm not contradicting myself. I said this thread will be bad on page 2. 14 pages later, I'm right. Complaining about complaining is not a contradiction because the only way to combat a complaint is to complaint. It's the only way to take action. It's just like sentencing a serial killer to death is not a contradiction.
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.