First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Series with the WORST Fanbase
21211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/7/13

SockmyRock wrote:

I personally think that, no matter what series of books, tv shows, anime, etc... you talk about there are always going to be those die hard fans, that no matter what you say or do they will defend their show to the bitter end. Those are the kinds of fans that completely turn off people from reading/watching/playing the thing in question.

I can certainly understand that everyone has their own tastes when it comes to entertainment, but whenever a fan tries to shove their belief as to why their show, book, game, or whatever they are talking about is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know about you guys but that just pisses me the hell off. The sad part about that is that because of these die hard fans, they invite all kinds of people to bash on what they like because it's over hyped or the haters come up with something stupid to bash on them for. Personally I think it hurts the fandom by turning off potential fans.

Point being, that no matter how much you whine, or complain about it there will always be hard core fans of many things, that are willing fight tooth and nail to prove why their favorite is the best. But I do admit that some entertainment outlets have increadilbly annoying fans that won't shut up about their favorite game/book/anime. Those are just my two cents on the matter.


I agree with this.
360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
League of Legends

As much as I love the game, the community sucks.

If you steal a kill in that game, people will get really pissed at you even thouugh it's a TEAM game
If you don't know how to play, people will call you noob and will probably report you.
If your team loses, get ready to get a bunch of crap from your teammates.
19987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bayamón - Puerto...
Offline
Posted 10/7/13

animegrl171 wrote:

League of Legends

As much as I love the game, the community sucks.

If you steal a kill in that game, people will get really pissed at you even thouugh it's a TEAM game
If you don't know how to play, people will call you noob and will probably report you.
If your team loses, get ready to get a bunch of crap from your teammates.


So freaking true x|
3180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 10/7/13

animegrl171 wrote:

League of Legends

As much as I love the game, the community sucks.

If you steal a kill in that game, people will get really pissed at you even thouugh it's a TEAM game
If you don't know how to play, people will call you noob and will probably report you.
If your team loses, get ready to get a bunch of crap from your teammates.


Its the only game where I actually have to take a break, not because I'm bored, but because I can't tolerate the people. I only play with pre-made teams so I don't have to deal with toxic teammates.

360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/7/13 , edited 10/7/13

EvenFlight wrote:


animegrl171 wrote:

League of Legends

As much as I love the game, the community sucks.

If you steal a kill in that game, people will get really pissed at you even thouugh it's a TEAM game
If you don't know how to play, people will call you noob and will probably report you.
If your team loses, get ready to get a bunch of crap from your teammates.


Its the only game where I actually have to take a break, not because I'm bored, but because I can't tolerate the people. I only play with pre-made teams so I don't have to deal with toxic teammates.




Lucky you. I got like no one to queue with me except for random people I'm friends with on LoL but they barely queue with me
16252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Nottingham, Engla...
Offline
Posted 10/7/13 , edited 10/7/13
Gonna get so much hate for this, but that is precisely why I choose these two.

Nintendo
Apple

Both have a following that claim innovation is what they are about which is anything but. More though is that they release inferior products, sometimes over-saturating the market with too high of a price for what they are selling. Apple is especially guilty of that. Anyone who knocks these companies is hated and/or called a troll. All I'll say is, they need to expand their horizons.
22177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
Naruto , but at the moment I think SnK's fanbase takes the cake at the moment as far as annoyance goes.
1848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
Fairy Tail definitely, most because every time I go into a fairy tail video, it is NOTHING but mindless "GAJEEL X LEVY!!! 4EVER!, or NALU!!! <#<#<#<#<3" I mean, you know an anime sucks so bad that no one cares about the plot or development and have to resort to nothing but shouting out the pairings they like even though the pairings in fairy tail are completely 1 dimensional and bland to the point where it's basically pairing up a spoon and fork
37762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
I'd definitely have to go with CoD, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, and even Battlefield for games.

For shows, probably any of the very popular mainstream ones - it's kind of inevitable.
14376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/7/13 , edited 10/7/13
Naruto
Fujoshits (Kuroshitsuji, Loveless, Vampire Knight)
41031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 10/7/13

Selenae wrote:

Not a particular series, and might get hated on for this one, but I'm probably a minority in the fact that I'm an anime fan but not into BL/yaoi. The obsessive fans creep me out to no end. So yeah, the BL/yaoi fans. Male characters can't just be friends with these people. Nooo, they always have to be lovers. I mean...really?

But if I had to pick a series, I would go with SAO.


^^ This
So glad I am not the only one that feels like that.
17036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
This is easy the Xbox vs PlayStation vs PC war (you know the blind people who will seemingly stake their lives on which they believe everyone should game on). These people piss me off to no end.
23074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alabama ( Previo...
Online
Posted 10/7/13 , edited 10/7/13
Currently, I'm annoyed, but not angry, with the fan base for Log Horizon.
Don't get me wrong. I'm very excited to see where the anime goes, and I think I'm one of the few(?) who are willing to believe that it's not a ripoff of SAO or .hack.

The problem is that there are hordes of people sounding off the "Ripoff!" alarms. The loyal fan base, the readers of the LNs, are defending the series and asserting that it is an original story...by posting spoilers for evidence.

Edit: So, in a sense, I'm saying I hate the parts of the SAO and .hack fan bases that are bashing a series that hasn't even finished, hasn't even really begun.

Despite their good intentions, the Log Horizon fan base is posting spoilers to defend the originality of the show, which honestly grates on my nerves a little. Still, I know that the reason for all the spoilers is to get the SAO and .hack fan bases to just shut up and enjoy the show, so I can accept that.
mb67 
42723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 10/7/13

nekroneko wrote:

Gonna get so much hate for this, but that is precisely why I choose these two.

Nintendo
Apple

Both have a following that claim innovation is what they are about which is anything but. More though is that they release inferior products, sometimes over-saturating the market with too high of a price for what they are selling. Apple is especially guilty of that. Anyone who knocks these companies is hated and/or called a troll. All I'll say is, they need to expand their horizons.


I couldn't agree more. I used to live in the Bay Area and back in 2007 at the 'Mac World' event, there were people who cried when Steve Jobs walked out on stage, like he was the Messiah or something.

17961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/13
Lol, and just how in the world do you put Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and SNK all in the same category?

You mean the most popular shows? OBVIOUSLY they're going to seem like they have the worst/most annoying fan base because they have the largest fan bases, and therefore more lovers/haters of the show.

Also like I said, I don't know how you put those shows in the same category. Naruto and Bleach, sure, that kind of makes sense. But SNK? It isn't even dubbed yet, so you don't have the casual audience (usually the most annoying) yet. Weird.
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.