First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply New Fall Simulcasts: Nagi no Asukara, Infinite Stratos 2, Outbreak Company, Hakuba no Ōjisama, Expanded Territories!
48127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/2/13
Come on Hajime no Ippo rising!!!!
68868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/2/13 , edited 10/2/13

icecreamsnow wrote: Crunchyroll's main base is the US (and Canada) All of us know that Crunchyroll UK only exists because we speak the same language as their core market, ...

More likely the worldwide ex-Japan Naruto stream attracted enough UK viewers, and the streaming ad market in the UK was strong enough that the royalties look attractive enough to talk Japanese licensors into granting UK simulcasts.

Of course, the same audience size means more competition for rights. A few years ago, the only substantial risk was Viz Media licenses getting picked up by Viz Media Europe, but something seems to have shifted.


... but nonetheless Crunchyroll UK exists, and it's the only European country where the Crunchyroll brand exists as its own entity. Similarly with Crunchyroll Latin America and Spanish.

That's not true ~ Spain and Portugal have their own site as well.
mapokl 
38496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Poland
Offline
Posted 10/2/13 , edited 10/2/13

CyanSwan wrote:
Saying we shouldn't complain because we have it better than some is just absurd for a subscribed member.


You misunderstood me. I don't say you shouldn't complain. I just said that you shouldn't whine so much. Writing almost the same thing ("Worst season ever"; "Worst season for UK" etc) in every single announcement tens times each is not complaining it's simply whining.


agila61 wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote: Crunchyroll's main base is the US (and Canada) All of us know that Crunchyroll UK only exists because we speak the same language as their core market, but nonetheless Crunchyroll UK exists, and it's the only European country where the Crunchyroll brand exists as its own entity. Similarly with Crunchyroll Latin America and Spanish.

That's not true ~ Spain and Portugal have their own site as well.


And now France too...
Did anybody noticed that French is now supported language? I noticed just now, I wonder when it happened.
28679 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 10/2/13 , edited 10/2/13

agila61 wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote: Crunchyroll's main base is the US (and Canada) All of us know that Crunchyroll UK only exists because we speak the same language as their core market, but nonetheless Crunchyroll UK exists, and it's the only European country where the Crunchyroll brand exists as its own entity. Similarly with Crunchyroll Latin America and Spanish.

That's not true ~ Spain and Portugal have their own site as well.


The Portuguese site is Brazilian. But you're right about Spain.

EDIT:

Writing almost the same thing ("Worst season ever"; "Worst season for UK" etc) in every single announcement tens times each is not complaining it's simply whining.


Given that I'm the one that said the first of those quotes, can I just point out that this is the first thread I've said that in?
20548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/2/13

mapokl wrote:


CyanSwan wrote:
Saying we shouldn't complain because we have it better than some is just absurd for a subscribed member.


You misunderstood me. I don't say you shouldn't complain. I just said that you shouldn't whine so much. Writing almost the same thing ("Worst season ever"; "Worst season for UK" etc) in every single announcement tens times each is not complaining it's simply whining.


Honestly there's no difference in me complaining about not being able to watch the shows I want and someone else saying "worst season for UK". Actually they're synonymous.
68868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/2/13 , edited 10/2/13

kuuderes_shadow wrote: The Portuguese site is Brazilian. But you're right about Spain.

A lot more of the Portuguese subtitles available on the Spain/Portugal site are pt-br than pt-pt, but still:

Crunchyroll Expands Anime Streaming with Launch in Spain and Portugal
The Iberian launch is scheduled for May 9, 2013 ...



mapokl wrote: And now France too...
Did anybody noticed that French is now supported language? I noticed just now, I wonder when it happened.

Kana Media had hired Crunchyroll to run their streaming at Genzai.fr, but now that Kana Media is doing a joint venture with Kaze, "Anime Digital Network", so Crunchyroll is likely now free to use the French language rights here.
Posted 10/2/13
Thank you based Crunchyroll
32195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Pikeville, KY
Offline
Posted 10/2/13
Don't really care that IS2 got announced...

But I saw the addition of 4 new show slots to the Fall 2013 line up so it goes without saying that I am quite happy to see that.

Can't wait for the third announcement today!
Springtime Moderator
Sukigu 
17625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Portugal
Offline
Posted 10/2/13 , edited 10/2/13

agila61 wrote: A lot more of the Portuguese subtitles available on the Spain/Portugal site are pt-br than pt-pt, but still:

Crunchyroll Expands Anime Streaming with Launch in Spain and Portugal
The Iberian launch is scheduled for May 9, 2013 ...

AFAIK, no country has a separate "website" per se. There are simply UI translations and subtitles into different languages. Although there are a few special domains such as http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk and http://www.crunchyroll.com.br, they work exactly the same as http://www.crunchyroll.com. Both .es and .pt redirect to .com.

Spain did gain a Castilian translation of the website and subtitles for various series, however there's (at least currently) nothing in ptPT. Spanish- and Portuguese-language forums and news are merged for all Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries, respectively. That announcement made little difference for Portuguese users, except for the fact that the formerly Brazil-only "website" now officially "supports" Portugal (with Brazilian Portuguese translations) and that there seems to have been an increase in Iberian licenses as of lately, which I'm not sure, but believe may have had some sort of influence on Crunchyroll's part.
Aryoch 
17639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Brazil
Offline
Posted 10/2/13
I hope they're done with TBS shows
146027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/2/13
Yay! That's two series that I know I'll be watching this season. Does that also mean CR will get the first season of IS in the future as a catalog title?
25434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 10/2/13 , edited 10/2/13
Not exactly the third announcement I was looking for, but I'm sure some people are happy about it!
33732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 10/2/13
Cruncyroll PLEASE bring Kuroko no Basuke 2 here. I'll get down on my knees and freaking beg if thats what you want.
17009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / On the Court
Offline
Posted 10/2/13

sdisanno wrote:

Cruncyroll PLEASE bring Kuroko no Basuke 2 here. I'll get down on my knees and freaking beg if thats what you want.


Don't worry my son, it will happen.

7122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 10/2/13
I guess this means Nagi no Asurkara isn't being simulcasted by Crunchyroll
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.