• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
Post Reply Tokyo Ravens Discussion
xxJing 
27569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Alderaan
Offline
Posted 2/18/15

wolfsaiga wrote:


EpicGamerBot wrote:

My main question is what his parents think of them together.
Because harutora was actually from the main family and then given to the branch to be rasied. So him and natsume are actually siblings.
So what are the parents thinking!


... i think that there relationship hasn't changed. i believe that they were switched at birth was all. i feel like they are first cousins since their father might be brother, which i can't remember. or they are simply distant relatives.


Nah they are cousins.

Harutora's father and Natume's father are brothers. In actuality though Harutora's father is Natsume's biological father and vice-versa. As far as how the parents would feel, I actually think they would be fine with it.
49495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/15

wolfsaiga wrote:


EpicGamerBot wrote:

My main question is what his parents think of them together.
Because harutora was actually from the main family and then given to the branch to be rasied. So him and natsume are actually siblings.
So what are the parents thinking!


... i think that there relationship hasn't changed. i believe that they were switched at birth was all. i feel like they are first cousins since their father might be brother, which i can't remember. or they are simply distant relatives.


Based on what I read from the light novel, I believe Natsume was adopted.
66775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/18/15
Does it matter if the parents approve?

Harutora is OP-sama levels of powered up as Yakou teaming with Hishamaru and Kakugyouki.
53352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 2/18/15

LionelJeid wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:


LionelJeid wrote:

Just finished this today. Might give the dub a looksie at some point.


Fun show wouldn't you say? The beginning episodes and ending episodes were great, but the middle I thought dragged on a lot of the time.


Hard to hit a home run every at bat when you have 24 of them.


Very true.


aidenraine wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:
Fun show wouldn't you say? The beginning episodes and ending episodes were great, but the middle I thought dragged on a lot of the time.

it pretty much dragged for the setup portions (the first few episodes of the first and second cour), but when it came to the buildup and the climax, this show was pretty amazing. the end of the first cour kicked ass, and the last 7 episodes of the 2nd cour were amazing


Ya, the last 7 episodes were pretty good.

I want a season 2
49216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/15 , edited 2/18/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

aidenraine wrote:

LoomyTheBrew wrote:
Fun show wouldn't you say? The beginning episodes and ending episodes were great, but the middle I thought dragged on a lot of the time.

it pretty much dragged for the setup portions (the first few episodes of the first and second cour), but when it came to the buildup and the climax, this show was pretty amazing. the end of the first cour kicked ass, and the last 7 episodes of the 2nd cour were amazing

Ya, the last 7 episodes were pretty good.

I want a season 2

a 2nd season would be great.... too bad there won't be enough source material to do another 2-cour anime until.... ugh, probably another couple of years...
4241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/21/15
I finished this series last night. I really like it for the most part, but the show left some serious unanswered questions.



I think anime studios should try to finish off seasons with an actual conclusion, because they have to know 90% of their shows won't get a second season.
xxJing 
27569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Alderaan
Offline
Posted 2/21/15

Lateraliss wrote:

I finished this series last night. I really like it for the most part, but the show left some serious unanswered questions.



I think anime studios should try to finish off seasons with an actual conclusion, because they have to know 90% of their shows won't get a second season.


This was based on a series of novels which were and probably are still not completed. The primary purpose of the series was to act as a promotion for the novels. So there is more to the story out there. The next part actually follows Natsume and Harutora goes missing.
47131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 2/21/15

Lateraliss wrote:

I finished this series last night. I really like it for the most part, but the show left some serious unanswered questions.



I think anime studios should try to finish off seasons with an actual conclusion, because they have to know 90% of their shows won't get a second season.


The series is ongoing right now, and if there is to be a second season, it won't be coming anytime soon as there just isn't enough source material for another cour of episodes at the moment.
4241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/21/15

Bakaneer wrote:


Lateraliss wrote:

I finished this series last night. I really like it for the most part, but the show left some serious unanswered questions.



I think anime studios should try to finish off seasons with an actual conclusion, because they have to know 90% of their shows won't get a second season.


The series is ongoing right now, and if there is to be a second season, it won't be coming anytime soon as there just isn't enough source material for another cour of episodes at the moment.


I wish I had time to read the light novels, since I would like to follow up what's going on, but with work and college, it's not happening any time soon. I did try to go find some spoilers about what happens in the novels after the anime ends, but came up with very little.
60305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/21/15

Lateraliss wrote:
...I wish I had time to read the light novels, since I would like to follow up what's going on, but with work and college, it's not happening any time soon. I did try to go find some spoilers about what happens in the novels after the anime ends, but came up with very little.

Some advice from someone with WAAAY too many light novels is that they are written serially and often unless you really want to enjoy every nuance you can wait for the series to end, pick them up and then just skim the middle ones and read the last one properly. They way most light novels are set up you can read the first and last ones properly and the middle ones are kind of train/bus books that you can just skim as often not a whole lot happens.

That said, I have NOT read Tokyo Ravens so I could be wrong about this one. But for most, the real action is in the final chapter of the whole thing.
9035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/1/15
will there be anymore anime or mangas out for this series ? and i cant only find up to chapter 28 in the manga can someone help me :/
4335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/1/15

Pimpbaby12 wrote:

will there be anymore anime or mangas out for this series ? and i cant only find up to chapter 28 in the manga can someone help me :/


Look up the Light novels, I would tell you the site name but rules and stuff. XD but a google search should get you what you want. Reason why you cant find Manga material is because the show wasn't adapted off the Manga, but off the Light Novel.
9035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/1/15
i tried looking them up lol but everytime i do it only shows the ones that stop at chapter 28
9035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/1/15

Kiritard wrote:


Pimpbaby12 wrote:

will there be anymore anime or mangas out for this series ? and i cant only find up to chapter 28 in the manga can someone help me :/


Look up the Light novels, I would tell you the site name but rules and stuff. XD but a google search should get you what you want. Reason why you cant find Manga material is because the show wasn't adapted off the Manga, but off the Light Novel.


so how many chapters are total in the manga/Light novel?
4335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/15
Last I checked it was currently at 15 volumes? Could be wrong but that seems accurate.
First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.