First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply Kyousogiga Discussion
74642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 10/27/13
According to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Arthur Dent the meaning to life centered around the number 42. That was then. As pointed out in episode 3 and no thanks to the technological advantages of today the meaning of life boils down to 1 central human activity: finding that friggin' remote.

As 1 other poster pointed out this show and Kill la Kill add up to yet another great season of anime as is. I'm inclined to agree. Think of all the other favorites this season as mere icing on the proverbial cake.
24937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/13
00

I almost don't want to watch the rest of the show, because I'm worried it will spoil the 00. I loved it. It's been a while since I've watched something that pulled me in so hard. It's probably a bit early to say this, but if it keeps up the same level of artistry (OMG the animation and the music <3 <3 <3), I could see this winding up in my top 5 of all time.

Energy-wise, I'm reminded a lot of my first watch of Soul Eater. And, unlike FLCL, I feel like I'm in good hands. Although I was confused a lot, it wasn't ruining the experience for me, just sitting somewhere in my mind as I enjoyed the rest of the show. I have full confidence that things will get explained. All it needs now is some characters and some good thematic touches and this show will be gold in my eyes.
48233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 10/28/13

iblessall wrote:

00

I almost don't want to watch the rest of the show, because I'm worried it will spoil the 00. I loved it. It's been a while since I've watched something that pulled me in so hard. It's probably a bit early to say this, but if it keeps up the same level of artistry (OMG the animation and the music <3 <3 <3), I could see this winding up in my top 5 of all time.

Energy-wise, I'm reminded a lot of my first watch of Soul Eater. And, unlike FLCL, I feel like I'm in good hands. Although I was confused a lot, it wasn't ruining the experience for me, just sitting somewhere in my mind as I enjoyed the rest of the show. I have full confidence that things will get explained. All it needs now is some characters and some good thematic touches and this show will be gold in my eyes.


Go watch episode 1-3 right now.
24937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


iblessall wrote:

00

I almost don't want to watch the rest of the show, because I'm worried it will spoil the 00. I loved it. It's been a while since I've watched something that pulled me in so hard. It's probably a bit early to say this, but if it keeps up the same level of artistry (OMG the animation and the music <3 <3 <3), I could see this winding up in my top 5 of all time.

Energy-wise, I'm reminded a lot of my first watch of Soul Eater. And, unlike FLCL, I feel like I'm in good hands. Although I was confused a lot, it wasn't ruining the experience for me, just sitting somewhere in my mind as I enjoyed the rest of the show. I have full confidence that things will get explained. All it needs now is some characters and some good thematic touches and this show will be gold in my eyes.


Go watch episode 1-3 right now.


I assume that's you're saying that because they are really good?

And I would, except I have class in 45 minutes, and I think I want to watch them all at once.
48233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 10/28/13

iblessall wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:


iblessall wrote:

00

I almost don't want to watch the rest of the show, because I'm worried it will spoil the 00. I loved it. It's been a while since I've watched something that pulled me in so hard. It's probably a bit early to say this, but if it keeps up the same level of artistry (OMG the animation and the music <3 <3 <3), I could see this winding up in my top 5 of all time.

Energy-wise, I'm reminded a lot of my first watch of Soul Eater. And, unlike FLCL, I feel like I'm in good hands. Although I was confused a lot, it wasn't ruining the experience for me, just sitting somewhere in my mind as I enjoyed the rest of the show. I have full confidence that things will get explained. All it needs now is some characters and some good thematic touches and this show will be gold in my eyes.


Go watch episode 1-3 right now.


I assume that's you're saying that because they are really good?

And I would, except I have class in 45 minutes, and I think I want to watch them all at once.


I'm currently preferring ep 1 and 2 over 3 over 0 all on a first experience/watch basis.
You're going to want to watch ep 1 and 2 one after the other at least.
142905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/28/13
I think episode 0 was more like a recap for those who missed the original series in 2012. But yeah, this show is unique in many sense I recommend watching it as well.
48233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
Ep 4

Yase's past and background episode, very nice I enjoyed it.



The whole memories and what it means to different people is always a good thing to watch
142905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

;.;
17009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / On the Court
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

stark700 wrote:

I think episode 0 was more like a recap for those who missed the original series in 2012. But yeah, this show is unique in many sense I recommend watching it as well.


So theirs a season before this one? Well that's the reason I was lost when I first watch it. Easy to catch on, none the less.
61404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
Wonderful episode. Probably the best one yet. We really got to know Yase's sweet side, as well as her devilish temper. Of the 3 siblings, she's been my favorite, but Myoue is pretty cool too. I can't wait to see his episode next week.

And then we'll learn more about Koto. What happens in that battle, her exile, and how Koto ends up with sensei. I wonder if they'll use the song "The Secret of my Life" like they did in the ONA. It was a pretty powerful ccompanyment to that episode.
38119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

stark700 wrote:

I think episode 0 was more like a recap for those who missed the original series in 2012. But yeah, this show is unique in many sense I recommend watching it as well.


wasn't 0 a pilot/demo that somebody did that got picked up by a studio? I'm trying to remember the story now.
61404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 11/2/13

windsagio wrote:


stark700 wrote:

I think episode 0 was more like a recap for those who missed the original series in 2012. But yeah, this show is unique in many sense I recommend watching it as well.


wasn't 0 a pilot/demo that somebody did that got picked up by a studio? I'm trying to remember the story now.


These are the first news articles where I had heard about the show:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-02-24/toei-animation-banpresto-have-original-anime-in-the-works
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-27/toei-banpresto-kyousogiga-anime-slated-for-december

I don't know if Banpresto was trying to make a new toy line out of this.
142905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/8/13
Episode 5

48233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 11/8/13 , edited 11/8/13
ep 5

Good episode though I feel like they didn't focus enough on Myoue's past other than a few snippets here and there.

Lots of things they mentioned that I feel were important in developing Myoue's character though: the loyal dog, the passing on of "DNA", the pomegranate to name just a few.



whoa whoa there
25136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
93 / M / Somewhere between...
Offline
Posted 11/8/13
Soul chocolate. Absolutely mesmerizing from start to finish. Tolfest in an earlier post said the show was also poignant. I would have to agree it is deeper than random zaniness.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.