First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply Kyousogiga Discussion
36987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 11/23/13
What's insane is they still have 3 (maybe 2 if 5.5 counted) episodes left after that.

PS: For random gushing: It's great to see what anime's real potential is occasionally ><
37266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/13
I love this show. It's great to see the animation medium used to it's full potential. The story is quite literally in the best possible medium it can be in. I couldn't see this as a book, live-action film, manga, or really most anything else -- or at the very least, it wouldn't be as good. As far as I can tell, this is the type of show that anime is made for. It's hard to get the sort of surreal atmosphere and beauty outside of this type of art (paintings do pretty well though). While I can see the basic story, characters, development, plot, etc. in a book or a live-action film, I don't think it's really possible to create the sense of awe I get from this show if it's not animated. Shows like these act as a sort of proof of the value of animation, and I love that.

It also helps that almost everything else about the show is awesome too, but that's a given.
36987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 11/23/13

theYchromosome wrote:

I love this show. It's great to see the animation medium used to it's full potential. The story is quite literally in the best possible medium it can be in. I couldn't see this as a book, live-action film, manga, or really most anything else -- or at the very least, it wouldn't be as good. As far as I can tell, this is the type of show that anime is made for. It's hard to get the sort of surreal atmosphere and beauty outside of this type of art (paintings do pretty well though). While I can see the basic story, characters, development, plot, etc. in a book or a live-action film, I don't think it's really possible to create the sense of awe I get from this show if it's not animated. Shows like these act as a sort of proof of the value of animation, and I love that.

It also helps that almost everything else about the show is awesome too, but that's a given.


Yeah, escatly, the *Feel* is perfect for animation, and could only be attained with animation.
25517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 11/24/13 , edited 11/24/13
Episode 6 where are you!!
22919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/13
Alright everyone! I'm doing it! All the way from 1-6 tonight, with the help of a little hard cider! (Just finished 2). Love love love it so far. I have appreciated seeing 00 like 4-5 times, though. Connections are coming a bit easier.


This, I love.


Lil' bitty Koto is so cute!
46102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/24/13
My favourite episode was 5.5, but Yase's episode was good too. <3
36987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 11/24/13 , edited 11/24/13

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

My favourite episode was 5.5, but Yase's episode was good too. <3


I had to give up on 5.5 :(

I can handle absurdly over-the-top bubbly japanese girls in animation, but seeing them liveaction gives me the willies somehow.

Edit: Also, iBless: YOu can't see it, but I thumbed up your post there
46102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/24/13
O.o why does seeing the voice actresses traveling around Kyoto and talking about history give you the willies?
36987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 11/24/13

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

O.o why does seeing the voice actresses traveling around Kyoto and talking about history give you the willies?


I think they read as insincere to me, I dunno, it just was driving me nuts. Probably irrationally ><
46102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 11/24/13
I've seen enough Japanese commercials that I think that's just how they talk when they are doing stuff like that. It's supposed to be cheery and energetic... I guess I can see how they would seem insincere, but I didn't get that impression.
22919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/13

windsagio wrote:
Edit: Also, iBless: YOu can't see it, but I thumbed up your post there :D


Teehee, I'm flattered

I think I'm actually going to skip 5.5 tonight so I can get to bed a bit earlier, but I intend to watch it tomorrow.

On another note, anybody got any info on the OP song? I love it and I want it (like Yase wants things haha)
36987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 11/24/13

iblessall wrote:


windsagio wrote:
Edit: Also, iBless: YOu can't see it, but I thumbed up your post there :D


Teehee, I'm flattered

I think I'm actually going to skip 5.5 tonight so I can get to bed a bit earlier, but I intend to watch it tomorrow.

On another note, anybody got any info on the OP song? I love it and I want it (like Yase wants things haha)


Just have to be encouraging! :D

Sadly I don't know anything about the OP, although its defintiely my fave bit of music this season so far.
22919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/13
All caught up, folks!

I just want to second what people were saying earlier on the page about this show really utilizing anime's full potential as an artistic medium. I've been quite outspoken on my love for 00, and that episode alone really made me think seriously about the kinds of art I want to make in the future. I'm a writer, and absolutely enthralled by anime's potential to convey messages in a way traditional film media just can't.

But I really should go to bed-I'll be back in the morning to watch 5.5!
15118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 11/25/13

iblessall wrote:

Teehee, I'm flattered

I think I'm actually going to skip 5.5 tonight so I can get to bed a bit earlier, but I intend to watch it tomorrow.

On another note, anybody got any info on the OP song? I love it and I want it (like Yase wants things haha)

The title of the OP is "Koko", the artist is 'Tamurapan'.
Does that answer your question?
Sogno- 
22986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/25/13
i agree that the art/animation is very nice, so nice in fact that it distracts me from the story. There's so much going on for the eyes that i can' t focus on the story, and this anime has been very confusing from the get-go. just my thoughts.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.