First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply How much does music in gaming matter to you guys?
28317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
Ahh although i never played quake doom instantly sprang to mind that game had a amazing soundtrack :3 I never really noticed the ME soundtrack tbh I always thought the elder scrolls where the king of the soundtracks for RPGs
8651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

dankuuwut wrote:

Try playing Mass Effect 1 without music on. Oh my.

As for blast from the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VpX-feA2M&list=PL063D6A41130EFEFC Imagine playing the level when you get the machine gun for the first time without this soundtrack.

Whaaaaaaaa??? There was music in that game?? I've played the first 2 and am currently playing the 3rd (inbetween gta:online) nd I can't remember hearing "music" I remember sounds but not "music" O_o

"Real music" doesn't matter to me when it comes to most games, they can use like ambient /background music to add emphasis to a scene but the only thing that NEEDS!!!!!!!!! music are racing games weather there Simulators like Grid and Grand turismo or arcade racers like Burnout and Need for speed they Must have music or I will play my own music while playing :3
8651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/9/13

anderzwa wrote:

Ahh although i never played quake doom instantly sprang to mind that game had a amazing soundtrack :3 I never really noticed the ME soundtrack tbh I always thought the elder scrolls where the king of the soundtracks for RPGs


There it is again are you talking about Skyrim? I don't remember hearing "music" there was just instruments and sounds to add to the location you were in (They do it perfectly) but I'm not gonna go download the cave noises to listen to on my iphone :p
28317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

Em0SceneStabr wrote:


anderzwa wrote:

Ahh although i never played quake doom instantly sprang to mind that game had a amazing soundtrack :3 I never really noticed the ME soundtrack tbh I always thought the elder scrolls where the king of the soundtracks for RPGs


There it is again are you talking about Skyrim? I don't remember hearing "music" there was just instruments and sounds to add to the location you were in (They do it perfectly) but I'm not gonna go download the cave noises to listen to on my iphone :p



I was more talking about morrowind and oblivion. Skyrim in my opinion had the weakest soundtack of all of them. Check this out for a great track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YKicBAMlBk
8651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

anderzwa wrote:


Em0SceneStabr wrote:


anderzwa wrote:

Ahh although i never played quake doom instantly sprang to mind that game had a amazing soundtrack :3 I never really noticed the ME soundtrack tbh I always thought the elder scrolls where the king of the soundtracks for RPGs


There it is again are you talking about Skyrim? I don't remember hearing "music" there was just instruments and sounds to add to the location you were in (They do it perfectly) but I'm not gonna go download the cave noises to listen to on my iphone :p



I was more talking about morrowind and oblivion. Skyrim in my opinion had the weakest soundtack of all of them. Check this out for a great track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YKicBAMlBk

boooo my friend X3 Skyrim is the shit lol.
28317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

Em0SceneStabr wrote:


anderzwa wrote:


Em0SceneStabr wrote:


anderzwa wrote:

Ahh although i never played quake doom instantly sprang to mind that game had a amazing soundtrack :3 I never really noticed the ME soundtrack tbh I always thought the elder scrolls where the king of the soundtracks for RPGs


There it is again are you talking about Skyrim? I don't remember hearing "music" there was just instruments and sounds to add to the location you were in (They do it perfectly) but I'm not gonna go download the cave noises to listen to on my iphone :p



I was more talking about morrowind and oblivion. Skyrim in my opinion had the weakest soundtack of all of them. Check this out for a great track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YKicBAMlBk

boooo my friend X3 Skyrim is the shit lol.


Skyrim is great it just had the weakest soundtrack that's all the gameplay was amazing :3
Posted 10/9/13

Em0SceneStabr wrote:


dankuuwut wrote:

Try playing Mass Effect 1 without music on. Oh my.

As for blast from the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VpX-feA2M&list=PL063D6A41130EFEFC Imagine playing the level when you get the machine gun for the first time without this soundtrack.

Whaaaaaaaa??? There was music in that game?? I've played the first 2 and am currently playing the 3rd (inbetween gta:online) nd I can't remember hearing "music" I remember sounds but not "music" O_o

"Real music" doesn't matter to me when it comes to most games, they can use like ambient /background music to add emphasis to a scene but the only thing that NEEDS!!!!!!!!! music are racing games weather there Simulators like Grid and Grand turismo or arcade racers like Burnout and Need for speed they Must have music or I will play my own music while playing :3

There's a lot of ambient music in these games that you might not have noticed because they're so well immersed in the game's style.

Mass effect (Aboard the Normandy): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ4KcSKUuh8
Mass Effect (Exploring new worlds using Normandy's map) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpu5cTk_qvI
Mass Effect (Entering The Citadel) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIt6KDOcHY
Mass effect (Encountering Saren, and when defeated): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04R_KDSl3AA
Dragon Age (The main menu (Sexiest song ever created)): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VDHLWFrFo
Dragon Age (In the Mage's Tower): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQqCjvJBqcM
Dragon Age (Dark Spawn Spawns): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_n1L_fEuPo
Skyrim (Towns + Exploring) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZGrvAvPZM
Skyrim (Exploring) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRAlNeOHI-g
Skyrim (Fighting) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDaDgZ7XngA

Those are the best examples I could find without doing too much research.
28317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

dankuuwut wrote:


Em0SceneStabr wrote:


dankuuwut wrote:

Try playing Mass Effect 1 without music on. Oh my.

As for blast from the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VpX-feA2M&list=PL063D6A41130EFEFC Imagine playing the level when you get the machine gun for the first time without this soundtrack.

Whaaaaaaaa??? There was music in that game?? I've played the first 2 and am currently playing the 3rd (inbetween gta:online) nd I can't remember hearing "music" I remember sounds but not "music" O_o

"Real music" doesn't matter to me when it comes to most games, they can use like ambient /background music to add emphasis to a scene but the only thing that NEEDS!!!!!!!!! music are racing games weather there Simulators like Grid and Grand turismo or arcade racers like Burnout and Need for speed they Must have music or I will play my own music while playing :3

There's a lot of ambient music in these games that you might not have noticed because they're so well immersed in the game's style.

Mass effect (Aboard the Normandy): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ4KcSKUuh8
Mass Effect (Exploring new worlds using Normandy's map) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpu5cTk_qvI
Mass Effect (Entering The Citadel) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIt6KDOcHY
Mass effect (Encountering Saren, and when defeated): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04R_KDSl3AA
Dragon Age (The main menu (Sexiest song ever created)): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VDHLWFrFo
Dragon Age (In the Mage's Tower): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQqCjvJBqcM
Dragon Age (Dark Spawn Spawns): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_n1L_fEuPo
Skyrim (Towns + Exploring) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZGrvAvPZM
Skyrim (Exploring) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRAlNeOHI-g
Skyrim (Fighting) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDaDgZ7XngA

Those are the best examples I could find without doing too much research.


Ahh man these are actually pretty cool. Added a few of them to my music playlist :3

28317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/9/13
Specially loved Ancient stones me thinks a replay of skyrim is in need XD
3180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
Love good soundtracks! Its honestly one of the best parts of a game for me, coupled with a good story its just mmmffff
22086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Philadelphia, PA
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
Not much at all. If I don't like the in-game music I just open the dashboard and play my own music.
20090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
I would have to say it's very important for me when I play. It really sets the mood for certain events in the games. Prime example I would say would be Hotline Miami.
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
Geez surely someone besides me loved music from games played from way back on the SNES, Genesis, NES, Game Boy, right!?? You can't forget the classics like Megaman 2, Sonic the Hedgehog, or the original Castlevanias, among many!
28317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/10/13
Hotline Miami was great yea the music did make the mood in that game :3
28317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/10/13
Dude all those early star games had great tracks especially sonic it seems a lot of games nowadays struggle in the music department especially the big company mainstream ones.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.