First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Starting Anime Recap Show for CR. Recruiting Co-Hosts!
32095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Lawrenceville, GA
Offline
Posted 10/5/13 , edited 10/5/13
Hi Rollers,

My name is Justin "BOSS NASTi" Silva & I'm a Professional Gaming Coach, Commentator & Interviewer who recently found a passion for anime. I joined CR Dec 6th, 2012 thanks to SailorBee & as of now I have 158 anime shows queue'd up in a mixture of Completed/Currently Watching.

My anime list is still incomplete, though currently I have watched 1 Month, 20 days+ of anime with around 90% of that starting on Dec 6th, 2012: http://hummingbird.me/users/justin_silva/watchlist

As for new/returning Fall shows. I'm currently watching All continuing simulcasts(7) except for Cardfight S3 & Folktales. Watching all new simulcasts(25) that has been announced thus far except for Hakuba, LB Refrain & Teekyu.

The recap show would be pre-recorded and uploaded to youtube avg 45mins or so. We would cover continuing & new simulcasts for Fall & into the next seasons as well. I'm planning for 1-3 recap shows a week that we all agree on covering together. I'm looking for 2-3 hosts that are at least watching near all the shows that I am if not more. Skype & webcam are requirements.

Outreach is important if you want a show to sustain itself. Upon contacting me via skype I will also ask for links to your Youtube, Facebook & Twitter to see what your outreach is. Though twitter is the bare minimum.

I have a high quality GFX guy who I'm partnering w/ to make a professional overlay for the show as well. Same guy who did this overlay for another show on my YT: http://gyazo.com/2bb177faf303b25059a67fbf4339c73a

If interested in more details please feel free to contact me via skype: bossnasti

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBOSSNASTi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BOSSNASTi

p.s. SailorBee got me into CR after I Interviewed her at IPL5 Las Vegas 12', here's the interview for those who are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4oQN1eiono
104359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
perhaps you can tell me more about this project.
37017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
Sounds cool, but I think I'd rather watch than participate. Even though I'm a semi-professional film maker and actor, simple podcasts are more my speed.

Good luck on the recruiting, I'll look forward to tuning in.
58916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 10/5/13

bossnasti wrote:

The recap show would be pre-recorded and uploaded to youtube avg 45mins or so. We would cover continuing & new simulcasts for Fall & into the next seasons as well. I'm planning for 1-3 recap shows a week that we all agree on covering together. I'm looking for 2-3 hosts that are at least watching near all the shows that I am if not more. Skype & webcam are requirements.


So, will this show be recapping past seasons to get viewers caught up with current shows, like Kuroko's Basketball Season 2? Or just recapping what's happened so far in a season?

Either way, I don't tweet, so I guess I'm out.
39928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
I mean, AnimeKami is the God of anime, so I feel like he would be a good option for you.

My simple blog is enough for me.
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
waht games do you coach if you dont mind me asking
32095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Lawrenceville, GA
Offline
Posted 10/5/13

AnimeKami wrote:

perhaps you can tell me more about this project.


Would love to, though the explanation wouldn't do it justice in a thread reply. easier to go in more details via skype: bossnasti , feel free to add me anytime, I'm always on.


Balzack wrote:

Sounds cool, but I think I'd rather watch than participate. Even though I'm a semi-professional film maker and actor, simple podcasts are more my speed.

Good luck on the recruiting, I'll look forward to tuning in.


I appreciate the feedback, the great thing about yt videos is that anyone can download them then transfer them to a mp3 format which is a simple 2 step process with a program like "youtube downloader", then you can add it to you ipod/etc. Of course this is just for those who may not have the time available to sit down and watch a 45min or so video.

I'm very new to the CR community though everyone seems very nice & open. Is their a CR point leaderboard or an area where I could find out which rollers are the most active as I would also like to PM users as well aside from just relying solely on this thread?
Koda89 
34671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Online
Posted 10/5/13
Hmm.....this is tempting. Might have to hit you up to talk more about this.
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
so are you going to like have people talk about the latest episodes of anime each week? im interested but i kinda dont feel comfortable adding people on skype out of the blue
58916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 10/5/13

bossnasti wrote:

Is their a CR point leaderboard or an area where I could find out which rollers are the most active as I would also like to PM users as well aside from just relying solely on this thread?


I've never seen or heard of such a thing. TheAncientOne is probably one of the most active users on the forums, but you're sure to run into others in his range by visiting the different sub-forums, like /group/CR_Premium_Members/forum as an example.
32095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Lawrenceville, GA
Offline
Posted 10/5/13 , edited 10/5/13

eyeofpain wrote:


bossnasti wrote:

The recap show would be pre-recorded and uploaded to youtube avg 45mins or so. We would cover continuing & new simulcasts for Fall & into the next seasons as well. I'm planning for 1-3 recap shows a week that we all agree on covering together. I'm looking for 2-3 hosts that are at least watching near all the shows that I am if not more. Skype & webcam are requirements.


So, will this show be recapping past seasons to get viewers caught up with current shows, like Kuroko's Basketball Season 2? Or just recapping what's happened so far in a season?

Either way, I don't tweet, so I guess I'm out.


I would like to focus on the current though I'm sure there will be many references to past seasons for the returning shows or any that are into their 2nd season of course. The plan would be do a recap every few days and talk about the most recent episode of a select anime that we all feel comfortable talking about though I'm sure it won't be solely limited to that either. Also to recommend anime to viewers who may be on the fence though listening to feedback may be a better choice for them instead of going off comments. It just opens up many avenues of benefit to the viewers.

Of course this is just vague details, as I'm sure the show can/will evolve as we go.


iblessall wrote:

I mean, AnimeKami is the God of anime, so I feel like he would be a good option for you.

My simple blog is enough for me.


I sent him a PM and a thread reply. anyone is welcome to contact me via skype: bossnasti to talk more about it. I just prefer talking>texting as it's just a better way of communication. Thank you for the reference, I do appreciate it as I'm fairly new to the forum scene here.
22416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
Whats up, my names Tom, and I'll go ahead and add you on skype and try and catch you. my Skype name is Misticaltom itself so, go ahead and catch me if you do.

I'm interested in doing this, but I'd have to have details of course, this seems awfully wild for a forum topic to me, and I'm a big fan of talking.

Unfortunately I don't have a solid mic right now. I have a working one no problem, you'll probably hear me just fine, but Video quality mic? I'll have to grab one. If that's not an issue I could totally try out.
31309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 10/5/13 , edited 10/5/13
It seems fun... but i dont have a skype plus im 16... most people wouldnt want to listen to a 16 year talk about anime.... xD

But i do watch a lot of the current season anime legally too so im a big fan! I like to disscuss anime and i have a tiny collection of dvds so... yeah...
23932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/5/13
I am interested, but same as lolits I am only 16, but I do have a webcam, and am watching most of what is currently airing.
76683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Online
Posted 10/5/13 , edited 10/5/13
thanks for the invite dude but i dont know if i am a good resource person for the interview...

I dont watch all the anime out there but I do pay attention to current anime and the seiyuu since I love voice acting .
I currently co-organize an anime meet-up club and we try to keep our members upto date to the current stuff but we got some members who have seen a lot too.

. WEll maybe I can tell my friend and co-organizer about your project , he runs AnimeDiet .
http://animediet.net/
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.