First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
I got a question for the women out there
Posted 10/7/13

GoldenArtex wrote:

Ooops sorry first offense don't ban me couldn't help it lol XD anyway that IS a way that guys can and do come off a lot of times and it's a huge turn off so it was mean but take it with a spoon full of sugar.


Lmao...I like that saying... consider it stolen
Banned
8748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
Why should we always be trying to impress you ladies ? What can you do for us ?
12440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
「Your Toilet...st...
Offline
Posted 10/7/13 , edited 10/7/13
I'm bored so I dropped by--

Well. This is my opinion but others might have different says.

1) No pedos please...I can't comprehend that
Inner thought: If you're trying to get them to notice you or anything...don't-- just at least don't make yourself seem like a pedo. It only creeps them out thinking you're there just for few minute entertainment, or some sort of pushy person. And if you are a pedo... e.e she's bound to find out someday.

2) I can't really stand the guys who accept open relationships and/or cheating...
Inner thought: Really. So you are with a girl, find another one don't tell her, expecting her to think you're the great future husband-- no. And really, do you think the girl can just sit there while you're standing with another one? Naah. They may seem like they can stand it but...they may just be ripping their hair off afterwards.

3) We need common sense
Inner thought: Or maybe they're trying to impress? Certainly trying to impress a girl by seeing how long you can do the most stupidest things on earth-- I'm out.

4) The Braggers
Inner thought: Yes, maybe some ladies like their men to talk about them positively but it will seem very awkward for you and them if you sit around claiming she is every hundred way better than -insert name here-. It may become wonderful, lovey-dovey one moment, next moment you've got a bunch of girl haters that you insulted because 'she was waaay better than you'.

5) Cheap
Inner thought: I'm sorry about this one but its true. Cheap and BROKE is 2 different things. Broke is when you don't have money and not all girls like rich people, so that's a possible pass. But cheap for me, is not quite the same thing. You don't have to buy a diamond ring or a wonderful necklace...at least don't do something like split the bill. Or a fake flower which you bought...at a 2 dollar shop...I mean...it makes them feel quite unimportant.

6) If you result to violence all the time...nah
Inner thought: Sometimes it's good to know you've got a protective guy who is muscle and buff...but it isn't quite the same if he results everything with violence...
I mean think about the future...
"Dear, do you like this?"
"...no. *punch* This is the worst food I have ever tasted *punch punch punch* Oh. Accidentally killed her."

7) Think before you do anything...! And just be yourself~
Inner thought: Yes, just at least think once before you do something. Sometimes it's not the fact that you make the biggest mistakes because you didn't think, it's sometimes the worry. If you get into trouble, you don't want her to have a mini heartattack everytime you do something without thinking.
And always at least try to consider how she might feel. Don't just do something without thinking about the consequences.

But everyone is unique, if you stay yourself you'll realise it's a whole lot more easier than trying to become someone else.


That's all~ Once again, just my opinion~! If you don't like it that's fine really ^u^
339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
pervert.

mr. know-it-all

lack of respect

poor hygiene.

indecisive.
1303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
- Perverts.. Granted, most males are, but try to hide it... e.g. complimenting us on our bust/butt when we barely know you.

- Swearing too much.

- Making negative comments on appearances. Even if it isn't intentionally rude. And for God's sake, never say that we look like crap when it's clear we feel like crap.
75430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 10/7/13

Sakura-chan73 wrote:

Pretty much guys who think they need to impress me with how much they bench etc etc i honestly don't care how much you bench or how fast you run I only care about personality really.



I think Sakura here. And the deleted posts from Death Guitar and his sock puppet (after being stripped of the flames) touch on an interesting point.

Are displays of prowess, examples of competition, and 'enthusiasm' attractive?

Again this will be a personal answer but going by conversations my friends and I have had in the past, conforms to more than one women's beliefs.

People are superficial, Girls will be attracted to the nice butt, six pack abs, or conversely less attracted to beer guts and baldness. (however, that's not to say unattracted people are more than their appearance) Good grooming, nice clothes. (Implying a sense of style). all these are pottentially attractive for their own sake and because someone who appears to be 'keep in shape' and be able to pay his bills and find time to shave in the morning, is more attractive than someone who finds life a chore.

People are material, You probably cannot impress me with TELLING me how many zeroes there are in your paycheck. And the keys to your nice car might provoke interest... In your Car. But a nice dinner at a classy joint will impress and attract. Getting not just seats but BOX seats to a sold out show will impress (though it's pointless if it's not to a concert or show that I'm actually interested in going to). Such things require more resources than just any guy.

Do we like strength? Possibly. I'm probably going to be bored watching you work out. But I might be impressed if you can sweep me off my feet and carry me across the threshold to our room.

A drive for excellence? Evidence of Success? the rewards of either lavished on ourselves? These may impress. We like dreamers and ambitious types. (as long as they aren't being distracted and plotting when they're supposed to be paying attention to us)

Competition? not so much. Competition is... what males of many species do to decide AMONG THEMSELVES who get's to attempt to woo the ladies. We're probably more like... "Let me know who the winner is"... and then still reject said winner for some flaw he was unaware of because he was too busy proving he was the 'better man' than another man.

and frankly the tendency for men to turn EVERYTHING into some sort of competition is irritating at best. Not everything has to be, at the risk of being crude a "Pissing Contest" or a "Dick Measuring Contest"

Guys who don't realize that are a turn off.






Posted 10/7/13
conceited guys
players

lol
it all depends on the girls "likes" in a guy they want to date or even befriend.
1838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Memphis, TN, USA
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
I edited the forum question, I stated "Also I want to know what is it about us men that make you women want to keep us a friends and nothing more?
7210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Birmingham
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
If everyone is to be believed then it's just wearing crocks!
488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/7/13

h202 wrote:

I edited the forum question, I stated "Also I want to know what is it about us men that make you women want to keep us a friends and nothing more?


Them not being attracted to you, physically and/or as a person. I'm sure there are very nice females that you know that are pretty cool but you don't want to date because you don't find them attractive. Or even attractive females you know that you wouldn't date because of personality traits that turn you off. Instead of focusing on what pleases other people, focus on being the best possible version of yourself by working on yourself physically and mentally. People will naturally be more attracted to you.



YumeClone wrote:
5) Cheap
Inner thought: I'm sorry about this one but its true. Cheap and BROKE is 2 different things. Broke is when you don't have money and not all girls like rich people, so that's a possible pass. But cheap for me, is not quite the same thing. You don't have to buy a diamond ring or a wonderful necklace...at least don't do something like split the bill. Or a fake flower which you bought...at a 2 dollar shop...I mean...it makes them feel quite unimportant.


I know it's your opinion and everything, but it's 2013. We're probably both working, there's no reason to not split the bill or at least have one pay for part of the date and the other pay for another part of the date or switch off or whatever. It's a stupid and sexist social convention. I do agree on your point on being too cheap though, that's an annoying trait in general.
313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
I hate it when guys start talking about their balls in front of me. I don't know, it just makes me very uncomfortable. I also hate it when guys smell bad.
As for the friends thing, that's a stupid question. You should be happy to friends with the girl if you really care about her instead of just wanting to get into her pants. If you keep being nice to her instead of just dropping her like a pile of bricks when she calls you her friend, then maybe she might be interested in going out with you in the future. Friendship is the first step towards a relationship, not a dead end. Just because you're friends with her now, that doesn't mean it will always be that way. Just sayin'.
48707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Alabama
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
I honestly think that if a women thinks of a guy as just a friend and will never consider the possibility of more then it's because she isn't physically attracted to him. I know that sounds shallow and everyone thinks that it is the inside that matter but you can't be romantically interested in someone unless you are physically attracted to them in some way.
211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Jasmine Dragon
Offline
Posted 10/7/13

h202 wrote:

I edited the forum question, I stated "Also I want to know what is it about us men that make you women want to keep us a friends and nothing more?


Since I answered when it was just the one, I'll try answering the addendum too!

Most of the time, I believe that it is seriously biology rather than something I (and potential partners) can control, e.g. pheromones. ASAP Science has a bunch of videos on YouTube about the science behind love and sex (and just about anything else that can be answered by science) if the science side interests you. Since I learned about a lot of this stuff in psych, which was one of my majors in college, I can tell you that their bio/psych stuff is quite accurate.
Plus side: my understanding is that men and women don't differ very much in this aspect, so try answering your own question! What is it that makes you want to keep certain women as friends and nothing more?

In the few cases where I was in the position of making a conscious decision, my criteria was this:
What do I see as my likely future with this guy looking like, and do I like it?
In one case, I realized that I trusted the guy well enough to be friends with him, but not in a relationship with him. (He had anger issues...) I saw myself being frightened around him too much to enjoy myself, whether rightly or wrongly, which would not be enjoyable or fair to either of us. He got rejected. ...we haven't talked since...
In another case, we weren't compatible on a more sexual front. He was into open (but emotionally committed) relationships, whereas I'm into closed and very committed ones. This would have made us miserable, since he was not interested in a closed relationship. He got rejected (it helped that I had a boyfriend when we first became friends), but we're still good friends.
Conversely, for the guys I liked/accepted, we were generally compatible in most areas. I saw myself able to pursue my career interests and hobbies with them being interested/supportive/enthusiastic about virtually all of them, and likewise, I was interested/enthusiastic about their interests and would like hearing about them (or learning about them or sharing in them, as applicable). These were people I could be with for hours every day and still want to see them for hours the very next day; being with them made me feel good and helped me as a person (and hopefully, I did the same for them). The person I like at the moment tends to remember things that I forgot I even told him (which shows that is very interested in what I'm doing), offers to help me when I have an issue that he could help me with, is likewise enthusiastic about his own path, and allows me to be right even when he holds a differing viewpoint that he believes is also right (so, we can have differing but equally valid viewpoints in his mind, and he acts/speaks accordingly). This is all in addition to general "friends" and "mutual interest" type compatibilities.
Posted 10/7/13
-Hygiene. Do I need to say more? Nah.
- overly confident
- thinks acting like an asshole is cool but it's lame. Super lame.
- if u smoke cigs.. That's gross and the way some of u male smokes it is disgusting.

So f to the u ;D
1838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Memphis, TN, USA
Offline
Posted 10/7/13
Ok now I see I'm liking these answers
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.