First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply New Fall Titles: Non Non Biyori, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, My mental choices are completely interfering with my school rom
18299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / toronto
Offline
Posted 10/8/13
Yeah anime hikkomori/otaku power
OTulky 
15062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/13

agila61 wrote:


OTulky wrote: It's a sad day when both animes I wanted to watch most this season aren't available in the UK guess I gotta go find a crappy quality website to watch them on :/

Kill la Kill is on here just not in the UK

Though KILL la KILL is available in the UK at AllTheAnime.com, and I think that Samurai Flamenco will be joining it. AllTheAnime.com is working with Wakanim.tv to bring their streaming/download model to the UK.

They have talked about making a deal with streaming sites, which might be possible if they make most of their money through download, since streaming at Crunchyroll would let them be much more visible ... but obviously no promises on whether anything will get negotiated.


Yeah I can easily watch it anywhere just saying it was annoying I couldn't watch them on Crunchyroll as it would have been more convenient
25372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/13

mapokl wrote:

By Persona 3 you mean Persona: Trinity Soul ?


No, I'm sure he's referring to the Persona 3 Movie that will premiere in JP theaters in Nov.
16203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/8/13
if thats it then its a great season for middle school romance and a pretty crappy one for everything else :-/
The Wise Wizard
72090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/8/13 , edited 10/8/13

TheCoffeeGod wrote:

I just checked it out because I was curious, and wow...
I don't know what they hell they did to their site, but the site now runs waaaay worse than it ever use to for me.
Especially transitioning to and around individual series pages.

Their player now has this bar at the very bottom in full screen that never goes away (at least for me).


Man, I'm glad they rarely pick up anything I'm interested in, it will be annoying as hell when they do though.

When I checked it out yesterday, navigation was far snappier than I could remember it being in a long time on the old site.

I hadn't tried the player, as I was only checking Elite videos yesterday to confirm my non-Elite status, but I tried it just now, and see what you mean.

While fortunately I usually watch using their Roku app, where that won't be a problem, that is a strike against it for website viewers. I can't imagine that being readily accepted by most users, especially if it also appears on videos for subscribers (which I expect it will).

I note there is a forum thread here on CR about Funimation's new site, but as of when I posted this, there were no complaints about the bar at the bottom of the player.
537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 10/8/13
Can't wait to see Diabolik Lovers.
15199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Downey California
Offline
Posted 10/8/13
wtf when are you gonna get black rock shooter?
2743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/8/13
I am crying tears of joy
452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114 / F / some where
Offline
Posted 10/8/13
There is so much to watch that I never know where to start. This is the best anime site there is
64877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Online
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/9/13

TheCoffeeGod wrote: Their player now has this bar at the very bottom in full screen that never goes away (at least for me).

Since the full screen is true 16:9 for me, the small dark grey command bar is in the small letterboxing on the top and bottom, so its not at all annoying. Indeed, now that I'm going to be finally finishing Railgun, I think I'll be doing that at Funimation, rather than Hulu.


ZK-Spike wrote: wtf when are you gonna get black rock shooter?

If they ever get Black Rock Shooter, it won't be announced in the middle of simulcast announcements ... because it wouldn't be a simulcast. Its a year and a half old, after all.

Its not clear if Funimation still have the streaming rights, because they sometimes take series out of their streaming rotation.
16240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Tomobiki-cho
Offline
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/9/13

mwhitco91 wrote:

CR's now reached 30 simulcasts. O-O Has that happened before recently? ._. This is awesome!


Or if you live in the UK, there are 23 simulcasts, crucially missing Kill La Kill and Samurai Flamenco.

I'm glad you're happy with the line-up. Sadly us UK paying subscribers think it's the worst line-up in years. It's truly pathetic.
64877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Online
Posted 10/9/13

mendo_shutaro wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:

CR's now reached 30 simulcasts. O-O Has that happened before recently? ._. This is awesome!


Or if you live in the UK, there are 23 simulcasts, crucially missing Kill La Kill and Samurai Flamenco.

In other words, still damn good, especially compared to what most of the world gets. The biggest UK whinges are not about series they don't get free streaming access to at all, like Latin America or the Middle East, but instead which site they have to go to for free streaming access.


I'm glad you're happy with the line-up. Sadly us UK paying subscribers think it's the worst line-up in years. It's truly pathetic.

Arguably worst lineup for a year (though of course it does depend on whether your tastes run to the most hyped shows of the coming season) ... worst lineup "for years" would obviously be exaggerating, given that "years ago" 23 new simulcasts would be 100% or more of the simulcasts for a season.
16240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / Tomobiki-cho
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

agila61 wrote:


mendo_shutaro wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:

CR's now reached 30 simulcasts. O-O Has that happened before recently? ._. This is awesome!


Or if you live in the UK, there are 23 simulcasts, crucially missing Kill La Kill and Samurai Flamenco.

In other words, still damn good, especially compared to what most of the world gets. The biggest UK whinges are not about series they don't get free streaming access to at all, like Latin America or the Middle East, but instead which site they have to go to for free streaming access.


I'm glad you're happy with the line-up. Sadly us UK paying subscribers think it's the worst line-up in years. It's truly pathetic.

Arguably worst lineup for a year (though of course it does depend on whether your tastes run to the most hyped shows of the coming season) ... worst lineup "for years" would obviously be exaggerating, given that "years ago" 23 new simulcasts would be 100% or more of the simulcasts for a season.


Rather than comparing the numbers, compare the percentages, that's more relevant. This is the worst season for paying UK "whingers" for quite some time, as a percentage.

No matter, Kill La Kill, and all the other missing shows, are only a click or two away, it's just too bad it's worked out this way.
The Wise Wizard
72090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

mendo_shutaro wrote:

Sadly us UK paying subscribers think it's the worst line-up in years. It's truly pathetic.

I'm still curious when you were elected to represent all UK paying subscribers.

50134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
Crunchy your eating my life!!! I usually watch all simulcasts maybe, 2 or 3 that I won't watch. There is just so many this season I may die.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.