First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Galilei Donna Discussions
17873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/24/13

WitlessMean wrote:

I think this show was a rather unique feel to it.

I'm liking it a lot so far, but the whole goldfish mecha thing......

and I thought I'd seen it all.


Hey hey hey don't dis the fish

63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 10/24/13
ep 3

interest in show falling

something about all the characters is just rubbing me the wrong way, just can't find them likable

72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/24/13
Agreed, not as good as the first couple of episodes. Still fun and random and silly but... genius doesn't pack any food, dishes on shelves that should all be broken by now... little things... telescopes with drawings that people can recognize without even unrolling them... sigh.
44197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 10/25/13
This was a good episode, but it did not completely alleviate my concerns yet. I want to see Hozuki's sisters accomplish more, they are realistic well developed characters (perhaps more so than Hozuki), but I am hoping that they will develop into more able people as the show progresses.
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 10/25/13
I agree, this wasn't as good, but it's a transition episode. We've moved from the "evade capture" to the "quest search" portion. It's pretty standard in this type of story.

And, of course, Kazuki was very annoying in this episode, but she'll shine in the not too distant future. She's the warrior of the group.
mapokl 
41513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Poland
Offline
Posted 10/25/13 , edited 10/25/13

deadpanditto wrote:

I agree, this wasn't as good, but it's a transition episode. We've moved from the "evade capture" to the "quest search" portion. It's pretty standard in this type of story.

And, of course, Kazuki was very annoying in this episode, but she'll shine in the not too distant future. She's the warrior of the group.


After this episode i have a feeling she will become a pilot of goldfish instead of Hozuki. It was visible before, but especially in 3rd one it shows that Hozuki have no idea how to fight and simply panic in battle. For me it looked like they wanted to show that somebody who's not afraid of fight, with some experience in them and better reflexes is needed in pilot chair. We also have whole episode on how Kazuki can't find role for herself... 2+2 = ...

So Hozuki - mechanic/inventor , Kazuki - pilot/fighter. I still wonder what Hazuki role will be..., well i'm sure she will be responsible for "dealings" with that pirate captain, so maybe leader/diplomat thing?
15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 10/25/13

mapokl wrote:
e]

After this episode i have a feeling she will become a pilot of goldfish instead of Hozuki. It was visible before, but especially in 3rd one it shows that Hozuki have no idea how to fight and simply panic in battle. For me it looked like they wanted to show that somebody who's not afraid of fight, with some experience in them and better reflexes is needed in pilot chair. We also have whole episode on how Kazuki can't find role for herself... 2+2 = ...

So Hozuki - mechanic/inventor , Kazuki - pilot/fighter. I still wonder what Hazuki role will be..., well i'm sure she will be responsible for "dealings" with that pirate captain, so maybe leader/diplomat thing?


Hazuki (I really wish these names weren't so similar) is almost certainly going to be the strategist/leader.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 10/25/13 , edited 10/25/13

Well_Spoken_Man wrote:


mapokl wrote:
e]

After this episode i have a feeling she will become a pilot of goldfish instead of Hozuki. It was visible before, but especially in 3rd one it shows that Hozuki have no idea how to fight and simply panic in battle. For me it looked like they wanted to show that somebody who's not afraid of fight, with some experience in them and better reflexes is needed in pilot chair. We also have whole episode on how Kazuki can't find role for herself... 2+2 = ...

So Hozuki - mechanic/inventor , Kazuki - pilot/fighter. I still wonder what Hazuki role will be..., well i'm sure she will be responsible for "dealings" with that pirate captain, so maybe leader/diplomat thing?


Hazuki (I really wish these names weren't so similar) is almost certainly going to be the strategist/leader.


agreed, she's the one obviously doing her homework. Studying her enemy.

I have to say, that flaws not withstanding, and yes there are plenty of anime tropes in here.... this is still the freshest anime I've seen in a long time. IT's not over the top moe like say... strike witches or vividred. It's not trying too hard to be all political and gritty like gundam. The world is interesting... rather disturbing though that methyl hydrate has become ...scarce.


oh and the HK wielding Goldfish Was just so out of left field I couldn't stop WTF-laughing.





15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 10/25/13 , edited 10/25/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Hazuki (I really wish these names weren't so similar) is almost certainly going to be the strategist/leader.



agreed, she's the one obviously doing her homework. Studying her enemy.

I have to say, that flaws not withstanding, and yes there are plenty of anime tropes in here.... this is still the freshest anime I've seen in a long time. IT's not over the top moe like say... strike witches or vividred. It's not trying too hard to be all political and gritty like gundam. The world is interesting... rather disturbing though that methyl hydrate has become ...scarce.


oh and the HK wielding Goldfish Was just so out of left field I couldn't stop WTF-laughing.





With the name and the style of this, I hadn't even given this title much thought. Then I saw someone talking about a goldfish mecha and thought it might be worth checking out. It has Mizaki-esque feel to it, in a good way. I'm really glad that I looked at it, it's got some real potential. This season has been full of surprises.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 10/25/13

Well_Spoken_Man wrote:


With the name and the style of this, I hadn't even given this title much thought. Then I saw someone talking about a goldfish mecha and thought it might be worth checking out. It has Mizaki-esque feel to it, in a good way. I'm really glad that I looked at it, it's got some real potential. This season has been full of surprises.


Agreed, this has been a very rich season.. and full of sleepers. while the hyped titles.. .were.. well.. had disappointments. (still following Coppelion anyway even if the girls DO cry too much)

28767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 10/25/13 , edited 10/25/13

hpulley wrote:

Still fun and random and silly but... genius doesn't pack any food


I take it you haven't known many geniuses.

Eggheads still make dumb mistakes, the only difference is the mistakes they make are often inconceivably weird. They actually showed her obsessively packing all the things she "needs" without giving any thought to basic needs, trying to retrieve her fish food while running from an evil robot... smart-person's acute tunnel-vision, that.

The thing with the plates didn't make any sense, though. Maybe they have inertial dampeners?
6236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eikou Cram School
Offline
Posted 10/25/13
Episode 3
Mom has amnesia and dad is alive,good to see both are okay.

Galileo descendants,Anna keep bringing this up which was pretty annoying tbh.

Kazuki feels left out and just wants to be normal.Good ol' teenage angst.

Kazuki is jealous of Hozuki and more family conflicts ensue.

Pirates to the rescue!!!

Clue found,and the journey to find Galileo treasure begins.

Also Kazuki fanservice,ehh meh.
19107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/27/13
I'm enjoying this series. Also agree with the roles people have given the sisters. I also think they'll end up allying themselves with the pirates. After watching the first episode I was reminded of Laputa castle in the sky (Pazu becomes friends with the pirates)
76468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 10/27/13 , edited 10/27/13
Damm pirate ... i like him. Kamiya is voicing him .one of my favorite seiyuu..... that crazy outfit looks fun to cosplay for ..
61493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 10/28/13

hpulley wrote:

Agreed, not as good as the first couple of episodes. Still fun and random and silly but... genius doesn't pack any food, dishes on shelves that should all be broken by now... little things... telescopes with drawings that people can recognize without even unrolling them... sigh.

Well, I don't fault the genius not packing food part.

A) She wasn't planning to be running for her life anytime soon. There is no reason she should have had the entire ship stocked with perishables.
B) Attention to minute details, yet missing the big picture issues is not that uncommon with geniuses. Stories like Einstein painting his garage door bright orange so he would notice it and not walk past his house while deep in thought are fairly common, whether they are true or not.

The dishes I agree with. That ship has been through a lot, the dishes should be toast by now the way they were stacked. (Unless Hazuki stacked them like that going through the cabinets looking for food and didn't think to put them back in the safe storage location.)

As for the drawing, I expect that Anna had some clue about Hozuki having that from her body language earlier. I'm not positive that is a telescope. I think it is just a document tube.

All in all I am still loving the show. Kazuki's inferiority complex could get a bit grating if she doesn't snap out of it soon...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.