Created by qualeshia3
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Do you believe in the idea of "keeping a journal"?
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/13 , edited 10/9/13
The only time would use a journal is to write stories other than that I don't really see in point in it, personally.

Tell me what you think.

Thanks a bunches.

Let me know if this thread exist or not.
Posted 10/9/13
nope i dont see the point of one since we have technology nowadays to keep that stuff in
32192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
I understand why some people keep journals; for some, it's the same reason they write memoirs: it helps organize their thoughts and allows them to reflect on their life.

However, I don't keep a journal, because I reflect on my life through introspection. When writing on paper, I can't let my thoughts just flow...I'm always more concerned with proper grammar and spelling by force of habit, so I'm not really concerned with keeping a journal or diary.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

saberfan94 wrote:

nope i dont see the point of one since we have technology nowadays to keep that stuff in


You still wouldn't use one regardless would you?
Posted 10/9/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


saberfan94 wrote:

nope i dont see the point of one since we have technology nowadays to keep that stuff in


You still wouldn't use one regardless would you?


not really since im not the type to jot down ideas or stories
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
I like the idea of keeping a journal only for the dreams you have so that you won't forget them soon after.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

Karbunos wrote:

I understand why some people keep journals; for some, it's the same reason they write memoirs: it helps organize their thoughts and allows them to reflect on their life.

However, I don't keep a journal, because I reflect on my life through introspection. When writing on paper, I can't let my thoughts just flow...I'm always more concerned with proper grammar and spelling by force of habit, so I'm not really concerned with keeping a journal or diary.


Makes sense.

I would enjoy Microsoft Office more if it were more helpful in the grammar department. Seriously, I would rather write a short story or jot down notes for one instead. It understandable if other are fine with writing in it daily.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

saberfan94 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


saberfan94 wrote:

nope i dont see the point of one since we have technology nowadays to keep that stuff in


You still wouldn't use one regardless would you?


not really since im not the type to jot down ideas or stories


Doesn't have to be just that because you can always write about your day........................................................
Posted 10/9/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


saberfan94 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


saberfan94 wrote:

nope i dont see the point of one since we have technology nowadays to keep that stuff in


You still wouldn't use one regardless would you?


not really since im not the type to jot down ideas or stories


Doesn't have to be just that because you can always write about your day........................................................


somedays arent interesting so i would just waste paper
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/13


True.
Posted 10/9/13

qualeshia3 wrote:



True.


indeed and intersting thread you made
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/9/13

saberfan94 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:



True.


indeed and intersting thread you made



I guess so....for now.



Posted 10/9/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


saberfan94 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:



True.


indeed and intersting thread you made



I guess so....for now


oh what makes you say that ?
18233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Mobile, Alabama
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
I keep a blog and I do write entries almost daily. It is not really anything on a personal level but there is a certain self-discovery to be had when you keep tabs of what you watch or read and go back to read your entries at a later date. I think understanding why my opinions change or don't change over time is important and keeping my blog is a good tool for analyzing that.
1303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 10/9/13
I think I tried to start one when I was only eight...but my parent's found it, and the nosy bastards they are looked through it and found out a lot that they shouldn't have. I never tried to start one again because I get paranoid with people finding it..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.