Post Reply Small questions regarding the queue
57100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Guadalajara, Mexico
Offline
Posted 10/13/13
It happens to me from time to time that when watching a simulcast and I'm on the latest episode, the series thumbnail doesn't change to the coming soon thumbnail. It's a bit annoying since I have to browse each series to see if a new episode is available, specially since I'm watching around 20 series on the PS3 app. Is there a way to manually change the episode marker, so it points to the latest episode (even though it hasn't been aired yet). I hope it does make sense what I'm trying to say. As an example, this part of my current queue:

All of those shows I have seen the latest episode, but as you can see a lot of them are pointed to the latest aired episode, instead of being pointed to the new not-yet aired episode.
One Punch Mod
85903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/13/13 , edited 10/13/13

cat_clan wrote:

It happens to me from time to time that when watching a simulcast and I'm on the latest episode, the series thumbnail doesn't change to the coming soon thumbnail. It's a bit annoying since I have to browse each series to see if a new episode is available, specially since I'm watching around 20 series on the PS3 app. Is there a way to manually change the episode marker, so it points to the latest episode (even though it hasn't been aired yet). I hope it does make sense what I'm trying to say. As an example, this part of my current queue:

All of those shows I have seen the latest episode, but as you can see a lot of them are pointed to the latest aired episode, instead of being pointed to the new not-yet aired episode.


That generally means that the "Coming Soon" placeholder isn't up yet. If you go to the show page for Little Busters and White Album, you'll see there's nothing there yet for the upcoming episode, but for Arpeggio of Blue Steel, the Episode 2 placeholder is already there.

(With short shows--so not applicable in the examples you show--it can also happen as a result of a quirk in how CR "counts" when determining progress in a show and when to consider it completed. So sometimes even when there is placeholder it doesn't advance.)
57100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Guadalajara, Mexico
Offline
Posted 10/13/13 , edited 10/13/13

lorreen wrote:
That generally means that the "Coming Soon" placeholder isn't up yet. If you go to the show page for Little Busters and White Album, you'll see there's nothing there yet for the upcoming episode, but for Arpeggio of Blue Steel, the Episode 2 placeholder is already there.

First of all, thank you for your quick response. While I can understand the behavior you described, the biggest problem is that when the placeholder becomes available it doesn't show up in my queue. So, in practical terms, most of the time I end looking if new episodes are available or not manually. Which is what I would like to avoid. Any ideas on how can this be solved or currently is not possible?
33453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 10/13/13 , edited 10/13/13

cat_clan wrote: Any ideas on how can this be solved or currently is not possible?

You could sign up to receive queue updates: http://www.crunchyroll.com/email_subscriptions - I used to use that feature but stopped because it was kinda useless for me since I already knew when things were airing since I usually make a chart listing the 7 days (Sunday-Saturday) and then I put the times and names of the animes on each day, and then leave that chart next to my laptop so I can see right away what new eps are on today and what time! Works really well!
Also, I think I remember those queue updates came about 2 days after a new ep aired, lol. Perhaps that's been fixed, though.
One Punch Mod
85903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/13/13

cat_clan wrote:


lorreen wrote:
That generally means that the "Coming Soon" placeholder isn't up yet. If you go to the show page for Little Busters and White Album, you'll see there's nothing there yet for the upcoming episode, but for Arpeggio of Blue Steel, the Episode 2 placeholder is already there.

First of all, thank you for your quick response. While I can understand the behavior you described, the biggest problem is that when the placeholder becomes available it doesn't show up in my queue. So, in practical terms, most of the time I end looking if new episodes are available or not manually. Which is what I would like to avoid. Any ideas on how can this be solved or currently is not possible?


It's my experience that when the placeholder becomes available it does show up in my queue, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't be seeing that-unless you are just keeping the queue page open and not refreshing it. Are you usually looking on the PS3 app, or on the regular CR webpage? (In the past there have been cases when things didn't automatically refresh on the iOS app, but closing and restarting the app would show the updated queue).

33453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 10/13/13 , edited 10/13/13

lorreen wrote: It's my experience that when the placeholder becomes available it does show up in my queue, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't be seeing that

That's been my experience as well. The only way, from what I've noticed, where it doesn't advance (if the Coming Soon ep is out), is if u don't watch the whole ep, or leave the ep too soon before it finishes. I'm not sure exactly how far into an ep u need to be for it to be considered "completed" (maybe 80-90% thru), but I know that's one way in which it may not advance.
57100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Guadalajara, Mexico
Offline
Posted 10/16/13
Due to your kind answers, I finally found the solution to my problem. The biggest issue was that the episodes that didn't automatically change to the "coming soon" placeholder was that I re-watched a little bit of them, to watch the opening once again. Causing the episode to reset as not watched yet. So now every series has a nice "coming soon" placeholder on them.
34072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / apopka florida
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
what if the queue shows that there is another video already up but the video wont show? there are a few anime series that i am watching and the episodes should already have come out but for some reason they arent showing.
33453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 10/22/13 , edited 10/22/13

Seph6933 wrote: what if the queue shows that there is another video already up but the video wont show? there are a few anime series that i am watching and the episodes should already have come out but for some reason they arent showing.

U basically asked the same question over in the General Help Thread! XD U actually don't really need to ask in 2 separate places as long as the first place u asked was in an appropriate thread. ^.^

Anyway, I'll just quote myself from the other thread:

"I'd recommend scrolling down to the bottom of the web page and checking that u have the English (US) language selected. If it's the (UK) one selected, it could give u strange stuff like what u may be experiencing right now.

If that's not it, check the "Contact Us" page: http://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=contact and scroll to the bottom, and check to make sure the Detected Country is the United States (if that's where u are from)."
34072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / apopka florida
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
ok ^_^ thanks
You must be logged in to post.