First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply People hating on an anime because it's too popular
29999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Arsenette wrote:

and /yayforanotherthreadturningintoanSAOhatethread


how can it turn into one when that's what it started as?
9216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / A Certain Insigni...
Offline
Posted 10/14/13


I think my main problem with SAO is that the main character is portrayed with very few flaws. (I only watched the first arc, however. He might get better there, but the responses I've seen from that arc seem pretty negative.)

As for Mirai Nikki, I found somethings that bugged me with it, but overall I liked it. (Things that bugged me there include 12th's power of hypnosis. It just seemed... off to me.) I wouldn't call it an amazing anime, but I enjoyed it for the most part.

I can't really give my opinion on Guilty Crown, as I have yet to watch it. I'm also in that post-AOT depression phase, and am an avid fan of the franchise, so I'm the wrong person to ask about that show.

Really though. I love AOT. Especially potato girl. Does anybody not like her?
77164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Balzack wrote:


Arsenette wrote:and /yayforanotherthreadturningintoanSAOhatethread


It must be nice to be BFF's with half the mod staff. Making constant troll threads with no repercussions must be great fun.


you just had to say it didn't you?
29999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 10/14/13
that explains quite a bit.
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Balzack wrote:

It must be nice to be BFF's with half the mod staff. Making constant troll threads with no repercussions must be great fun.


It's not a troll thread.







Fanimusmaximus wrote:

It's not anime's fault that it is Popular.


I see what you did there.



8267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

AnimeKami wrote:


Balzack wrote:


Arsenette wrote:and /yayforanotherthreadturningintoanSAOhatethread


It must be nice to be BFF's with half the mod staff. Making constant troll threads with no repercussions must be great fun.


you just had to say it didn't you?


Someone had to. I believe this issue is getting past the point of repairability.
38002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 10/14/13
The forums get boring without a couple of these posts every once in awhile, imo. No matter who makes them.
12098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Olympia
Offline
Posted 10/14/13 , edited 10/14/13
You know what made Sword Art Online REALLY cool for me? Its because I've played MMO games before so the little details from the show like crafting and trading made it that much cooler. That being said, the lesson to learn is that people have their preferences for different shows. Its as simple as "I like this" or "I dislike this". People just choose to voice their opinions that we may or may not care about. Plainly simple, there is far to much hatred in this world and that is the reason why we have these hate trains. If you dislike it ignore it. Ultra simple yet difficult to grasp for many people.
1303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 10/14/13
Most of the anime I watch are deemed "popular". People can call me a mainstream weeaboo, I don't care. I watch popular anime because then I can trust that it's at least somewhat good since it has such a broad audience. But people who hate on popular anime are just jerks. They're like...the hipsters of the anime world xD. Especially since some of them don't even try it.
105352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/14/13
Long live the Queen.





25340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/14/13
many people that talk about hating don't know how to accept criticism of the series.
6516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/14/13
If there's an Anime out there that's popular, but I don't like it, then I'm typically less scathing if I miss the hype train.

I read the comments and I think to myself: You fools! You are wrong! All of you! R-O-N-G! Wrong!
34345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

fishnducks wrote:

many people that talk about hating don't know how to accept criticism of the series.


"Criticism" implies that you own/wrote or otherwise were responsible for the content. Criticism should be held to the author/mangaka or even director (if he/she changed content from original source). Coming into every thread and bashing people for liking a form of entertainment is not "criticism" it's trolling.
2712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Hawaii, Oahu, Wai...
Offline
Posted 10/14/13 , edited 10/14/13

Seabound117 wrote:

My problem with SAO is they expected me to believe that a human being could survive for over a month with no food or water. Kind of takes the wind out of a show when even the common knowledge is crap.


There are people in India or some other country surviving with no food, water and no help, One person survived for ten years.
8641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 10/14/13
hipsters gonna hip simple as that
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.