First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
The decrepit thread
42864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 10/15/13

AshRandom wrote:

Got called to a double car fire Saturday night, but the downtown station guys were already there. Overlap is regarded as a waste of time, so our lieutenant sent the pump truck back. I stayed to help out until the paramedics got there because I have EMT training, and the assholes gave me a hard time just because I was from another station. Like as if that even matters when people are hurt..... I'm not even sure if I'm glad I did, but the drunk teen who plowed into the back of a parked car was walking around with a spine injury so obvious I could see thoracic vertebrate jutting out of his back. It looked like he had a soda can trying to escape from under his shirt. I told the officer questioning him and he said I shouldn't interfere. I gave him a dirty look, and made the kid sit down and hold still. Officer mush-face started bitching at me and I barked at him: you can still talk to him sitting down can't you?! Kid waited all of five seconds before bursting into tears. I held his hand, but the whole time I kept thinking about uppercutting the jackass. He didn't just drive into a parked car, he ran some people off the road first. I didn't see much, because they were a half mile down. Watched as four ambulances showed up, they spent an hour pulling people out, one after another. Couldn't have been good.

I wanted to punch basically everyone there, the downtown boys, the officer, the kid. Just line them all up and smack them all in a row like cartoon slapstick... Fucking childish bullshit from every god damn direction... Blech... People...


Just pointing out that you could have been arrested for interfering. I try to play nice with everyone myself, but I can't see any good reason to antagonize an officer for the sake of some drunk driver who just risked every life on the road. If you'd barked at me like that, I might have had to call your lieutenant back to the scene. . .just saying.
Posted 10/15/13 , edited 10/15/13

AshRandom wrote:

Got called to a double car fire Saturday night, but the downtown station guys were already there. Overlap is regarded as a waste of time, so our lieutenant sent the pump truck back. I stayed to help out until the paramedics got there because I have EMT training, and the assholes gave me a hard time just because I was from another station. Like as if that even matters when people are hurt..... I'm not even sure if I'm glad I did, but the drunk teen who plowed into the back of a parked car was walking around with a spine injury so obvious I could see thoracic vertebrate jutting out of his back. It looked like he had a soda can trying to escape from under his shirt. I told the officer questioning him and he said I shouldn't interfere. I gave him a dirty look, and made the kid sit down and hold still. Officer mush-face started bitching at me and I barked at him: you can still talk to him sitting down can't you?! Kid waited all of five seconds before bursting into tears. I held his hand, but the whole time I kept thinking about uppercutting the jackass. He didn't just drive into a parked car, he ran some people off the road first. I didn't see much, because they were a half mile down. Watched as four ambulances showed up, they spent an hour pulling people out, one after another. Couldn't have been good.

I wanted to punch basically everyone there, the downtown boys, the officer, the kid. Just line them all up and smack them all in a row like cartoon slapstick... Fucking childish bullshit from every god damn direction... Blech... People...


So unreasonable and unnecessary



Btw, cool story. I get the same childish people, especially those that show no empathy.
17380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/13



Eh, I guess it all just depends on how you look at it. Sorry that I frustrated you to point of going off on a sarcastic rant

There was a thread titled "That's just your opinion!" That touched on this about 3-4 weeks ago.
13564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / New York
Offline
Posted 10/15/13

moonhawk81 wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

Got called to a double car fire Saturday night, but the downtown station guys were already there. Overlap is regarded as a waste of time, so our lieutenant sent the pump truck back. I stayed to help out until the paramedics got there because I have EMT training, and the assholes gave me a hard time just because I was from another station. Like as if that even matters when people are hurt..... I'm not even sure if I'm glad I did, but the drunk teen who plowed into the back of a parked car was walking around with a spine injury so obvious I could see thoracic vertebrate jutting out of his back. It looked like he had a soda can trying to escape from under his shirt. I told the officer questioning him and he said I shouldn't interfere. I gave him a dirty look, and made the kid sit down and hold still. Officer mush-face started bitching at me and I barked at him: you can still talk to him sitting down can't you?! Kid waited all of five seconds before bursting into tears. I held his hand, but the whole time I kept thinking about uppercutting the jackass. He didn't just drive into a parked car, he ran some people off the road first. I didn't see much, because they were a half mile down. Watched as four ambulances showed up, they spent an hour pulling people out, one after another. Couldn't have been good.

I wanted to punch basically everyone there, the downtown boys, the officer, the kid. Just line them all up and smack them all in a row like cartoon slapstick... Fucking childish bullshit from every god damn direction... Blech... People...


Just pointing out that you could have been arrested for interfering. I try to play nice with everyone myself, but I can't see any good reason to antagonize an officer for the sake of some drunk driver who just risked every life on the road. If you'd barked at me like that, I might have had to call your lieutenant back to the scene. . .just saying.


You're right of course.

He could have arrested me. I did think about it in the split second before I acted and my conclusion was that I was, in no small way, also protecting the officer, the department and the city from a negligence lawsuit. Plus, it's not like I'm super terrified of getting arrested. I'm a tenured professor, it won't cost me my job and beyond that, I'm not someone the DA is going to bother pressing a case against, especially since officers are supposed to avoid interfering with the performance of emergency duties by emergency personnel.

Anyway, I'm a volunteer, I concern myself with the welfare of the injured, not with keeping my non-job. Also, just so you know, it's not like I'm some bleeding heart, I gave a statement and I'm more than willing to testify against the kid. I didn't do anything to hamper the due course of justice. But still, I do admit to having the perhaps overly sentimental thought in the back of my head, that the kid has a family, that they probably live in my community, and that despite how badly he screwed up, having him stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life because he was too drunk and in shock to realize how injured he actually was -- was in no way going to help him pay people back for what he did. Though, that thought was, as I previously outlined, saddled along side the thought of cracking him in the jaw for being such a menace.
42864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 10/16/13 , edited 10/16/13

AshRandom wrote:


moonhawk81 wrote:


AshRandom wrote:

Got called to a double car fire Saturday night, but the downtown station guys were already there. Overlap is regarded as a waste of time, so our lieutenant sent the pump truck back. I stayed to help out until the paramedics got there because I have EMT training, and the assholes gave me a hard time just because I was from another station. Like as if that even matters when people are hurt..... I'm not even sure if I'm glad I did, but the drunk teen who plowed into the back of a parked car was walking around with a spine injury so obvious I could see thoracic vertebrate jutting out of his back. It looked like he had a soda can trying to escape from under his shirt. I told the officer questioning him and he said I shouldn't interfere. I gave him a dirty look, and made the kid sit down and hold still. Officer mush-face started bitching at me and I barked at him: you can still talk to him sitting down can't you?! Kid waited all of five seconds before bursting into tears. I held his hand, but the whole time I kept thinking about uppercutting the jackass. He didn't just drive into a parked car, he ran some people off the road first. I didn't see much, because they were a half mile down. Watched as four ambulances showed up, they spent an hour pulling people out, one after another. Couldn't have been good.

I wanted to punch basically everyone there, the downtown boys, the officer, the kid. Just line them all up and smack them all in a row like cartoon slapstick... Fucking childish bullshit from every god damn direction... Blech... People...


Just pointing out that you could have been arrested for interfering. I try to play nice with everyone myself, but I can't see any good reason to antagonize an officer for the sake of some drunk driver who just risked every life on the road. If you'd barked at me like that, I might have had to call your lieutenant back to the scene. . .just saying.


You're right of course.

He could have arrested me. I did think about it in the split second before I acted and my conclusion was that I was, in no small way, also protecting the officer, the department and the city from a negligence lawsuit. Plus, it's not like I'm super terrified of getting arrested. I'm a tenured professor, it won't cost me my job and beyond that, I'm not someone the DA is going to bother pressing a case against, especially since officers are supposed to avoid interfering with the performance of emergency duties by emergency personnel.

Anyway, I'm a volunteer, I concern myself with the welfare of the injured, not with keeping my non-job. Also, just so you know, it's not like I'm some bleeding heart, I gave a statement and I'm more than willing to testify against the kid. I didn't do anything to hamper the due course of justice. But still, I do admit to having the perhaps overly sentimental thought in the back of my head, that the kid has a family, that they probably live in my community, and that despite how badly he screwed up, having him stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life because he was too drunk and in shock to realize how injured he actually was -- was in no way going to help him pay people back for what he did. Though, that thought was, as I previously outlined, saddled along side the thought of cracking him in the jaw for being such a menace.


Fair enough. (Although, do please remember that we police officers are also emergency personnel performing emergency duties.)
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/16/13
I do like how nobody's obliged to phrase their stories in a positive light here.

All people are assholes at the end of the day and that's why capitalism works so well for a large number of people.
11417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 10/16/13

Nobodyofimportance wrote:




Eh, I guess it all just depends on how you look at it. Sorry that I frustrated you to point of going off on a sarcastic rant

There was a thread titled "That's just your opinion!" That touched on this about 3-4 weeks ago.


And I'd be lying if I said I didn't bring it up on there as well It was just a view that struck me as interesting. After all, I'm more into looking into views I wouldn't have thought of than one's I already agree with and learn nothing from.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/17/13 , edited 10/17/13
How about a hand for those smart asses that profane in another language.
Are they trying to offend or not?
Do they even think that far ahead?
They spend all that time learning another language to not communicate.
Jibberish!

And pies!
I know why canteens don't make good pies!
Some idiot burned themselves and now nobody's allowed to have hot food anymore.
Pies aren't good when they're not hot.
47864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/17/13 , edited 10/17/13
I hate that I can't understand what this thread's title means. Part of me thinks that OP doesn't have access to a dictionary, and the other part is playing with the idea that OP is making a subtle, almost masterful, implication that complaints are, of themselves, old, worn, and outdated. I came in here hoping for a discussion about abandoned buildings, senior citizens, and the US education system, only to find a grocery list of minor annoyances of daily life. Well! I refuse to submit any pointless, excessive, over-reactions! So there!
37144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/17/13

Sir_jamesalot wrote:
Pies aren't good when they're not hot.


Bullshit.

I hate when I'm trying to cross the street and a car decides to stop for me in the middle of traffic. Then they wave at me to go, even though there is a line of pissed people behind them. Dumb. This only happens in white middle class places. In the hood people know the rules of the road. You take care of yourself and I will take care of me, OK?
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/17/13 , edited 10/17/13

theYchromosome wrote:

I hate that I can't understand what this thread's title means. Part of me thinks that OP doesn't have access to a dictionary, and the other part is playing with the idea that OP is making a subtle, almost masterful, implication that complaints are, of themselves, old, worn, and outdated. I came in here hoping for a discussion about abandoned buildings, senior citizens, and the US education system, only to find a grocery list of minor annoyances of daily life. Well! I refuse to submit any pointless, excessive, over-reactions! So there!


Way to keep your cool.

I just found out about nutella syringes I they're good because we need to cull our numbers and our natural predators are diseases.
60992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 10/17/13

uncletim wrote:

drink coffee like a real man


tea is better an you know it tim
coffee is good too though
and why dont you visit the social otaku society anymore, we were all talking about that one day
13564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / New York
Offline
Posted 10/17/13
I realized I allowed myself to be brainwashed by stupid youtube videos. Like, I keep saying "Nailed it!" over and over. I even said it in class. It got a good laugh, but meh....

I think what's really bothering me is that I spazzed and sold off everything I had out of fear that the market was going to crash today. I even cashed out my SARSEP retirement fund. Then, nothing happened... Which really makes me hate myself for being a reactionary muppet, it feels embarrassing. I still have 60 days to reinvest the SARSEP money before I get hit with early withdrawal fees. But still.... :(

My business partners had both emailed me about it and within an hour I panicked. Talking to them today, supposedly neither of them cashed-out, (or so they said!) Maybe they did and just didn't want to admit to it. So, out of the group I was the only one who looked foolish. Unless of course we all just felt exactly the same way and did exactly the same thing with the exception of me being the only one who confessed. It's sad that I need to put this much thought into it, when all it comes down to is a simple case of trying to protect my ego by proving that they were trying to protect theirs.... I really hate being human sometimes, I think I'd rather be a robot.
2743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/17/13
i like coffee
Posted 10/17/13
i have but one thing to say!!! smile every once in a while by golly!!! i got rear ended yesterday and while the cop was talking to me i saw a nail in my tire and on top of that my boss said sorry by the end of the month u r cut...but if u give a good reason for ur staying then talk to the big wigs lol.....and yet i still smile..life is what u make of it...wake up saying lets do the dang thing!!!! even when u r tired and beat all to heck ^_^
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.