First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Otaku
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Insomnist wrote:

I was homeschooled from kindergarten through high school graduation.

And this thread definitely hasn't been spotted by a mod yet.


That's a very different path ><

(although it makes me wonder, are there any anime about homeschoolers?)

Also, to hell with it. I was holding back, but hey compl3te.

You know I love you man, but don't engage. It never ever ever ever ever works.
15800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Insomnist wrote:

So, as someone who never went to school, is this what's it's like to see a fight in the hallway? And you're wondering if you should go tell a teacher, try to break it up, or just take it easy watching with the rest of the crowd and not get involved?


That's a great analogy.
15294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

chrome_mist wrote:

That's definitely it, you mind reader, you!
But for a piss-poor attempt, you're definitely fuming.


it's me paying you an equal response. I'm merely acknowledging you. might want to educate yourself on such.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Compl3te wrote:

it's me paying you an equal response. I'm merely acknowledging you. might want to educate yourself on such.



That's cute.


136470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/14/13
I am also a Kenny, but I'm not really the roaring type.
15294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/14/13 , edited 10/14/13

chrome_mist wrote:


Compl3te wrote:

it's me paying you an equal response. I'm merely acknowledging you. might want to educate yourself on such.



That's cute.




I guess this is where you run out of things to say, eh?
104073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/14/13
Are you kidding me?

the repercussion of being chrome is zero to none.

just stating the facts... you think I could make 5 threads reeking of fumes and not get banned >.>

chrome did the smart thing and made mod friends
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 10/14/13 , edited 10/14/13

kufirst wrote:

I am also a Kenny, but I'm not really the roaring type.


You're not.
You're the riding type. IYKWIM.





Compl3te wrote:

I guess this is where you run out of things to say, eh?


My posts have always been kept short.
Aren't you just the one who tries too hard?




AnimeKami wrote:

Are you kidding me?

the repercussion of being chrome is zero to none.

just stating the facts... you think I could make 5 threads reeking of fumes and not get banned >.>

chrome did the smart thing and made mod friends


I'm gonna get banned after this.

15294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

chrome_mist wrote:

My posts have always been kept short.
Aren't you just the one who tries too hard?


you're just lacking originality.
70040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/14/13 , edited 10/14/13

windsagio wrote:

(although it makes me wonder, are there any anime about homeschoolers?)

I can't think of any; occasionally someone gets sick and has to stay at home for extended periods, but their education is still directed through the school they were attending (along with visits from teachers) until they're well enough to return.

I imagine it's an unorthodox practice in Japan unless you're the only child in an exceedingly rural area.

Edit: TvTropes only has two examples of homeschooling in anime/manga.
136470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/14/13



Always spilling that tea of yours.
104073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/14/13 , edited 10/14/13
can we have like a community voted mod?

it doesn't even have to be long term, just a week.

so guys, imagine if AK was mod for a week...
20704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/14/13



Smells like minimum wage in here what are youuuuu doing
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Insomnist wrote:


windsagio wrote:

(although it makes me wonder, are there any anime about homeschoolers?)

I can't think of any; occasionally someone gets sick and has to stay at home for extended periods, but their education is still directed through the school they were attending (along with visits from teachers) until they're well enough to return.

I imagine it's an unorthodox practice in Japan unless you're the only child in an exceedingly rural area.


I guess there might be some pop-culture connections to hikkimori or NEET (no offense intended, thus pop-culture), the perceived implications seem similar.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 10/14/13 , edited 10/14/13

Compl3te wrote:

you're just lacking originality.


My short posts make you mad.
You lack self-control with your long and tired posts.






kufirst wrote:

Always spilling that tea of yours.


It's what queens do.





seckspanther wrote:

Smells like minimum wage in here what are youuuuu doing



<3

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.