First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Friday Night Movie Delight (the picture says it all)
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/19/13
Sam Jackson made this article perfect.
29843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 10/19/13 , edited 10/19/13

keikawa wrote: enjoy!

Hi Keikawa, thought u might like to know, but the first movie: Lady Ninja: Reflections of Darkness, doesn't seem to have any video for it when u try to watch it, lol.

The 2nd movie, Chanbara Beauty the Movie: Vortex, seems to be playable for me, all 88 minutes of it, which is weird considering I don't have a drama account, I just have an anime one! XD

Edit:

Nevermind about my comment about the 1st movie! XD It seems to be ok (since I noticed there's a video comment for it now)!
The Wise Wizard
79361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/19/13

suikojay wrote:

The 2nd movie, Chanbara Beauty the Movie: Vortex, seems to be playable for me, all 88 minutes of it, which is weird considering I don't have a drama account, I just have an anime one! XD

I suspect that means it has been mis-classified to require an Anime premium account instead of a Drama Premium account (which has happened before). A Full Access account would of course work in either case. Unfortunately, since it requires logging in to verify age, I can't see what message it responds with when trying to access it as a free viewer.

The most expedient way to check if this is the case would be for someone with a Drama membership to try and access it.

As for Lady Ninja: Reflections of Darkness, I get the "This video is currently available for Drama Members only. It will be available for free users later." message, as I should as an Anime Member when attempting to start the video.

29843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 10/19/13 , edited 10/19/13

TheAncientOne wrote: As for Lady Ninja: Reflections of Darkness, I get the "This video is currently available for Drama Members only. It will be available for free users later." message, as I should as an Anime Member when attempting to start the video.

Shouldn't there be a sample clip of 2 minutes, though? For the Zombie movie there was one, and the one live action simulcast title that CR has for the Fall: http://www.crunchyroll.com/hakuba-no-jisama/episode-3-645461, also has a 2 minute sample clip of the latest ep. I've also seen the same same thing for other drama shows in the past. Perhaps this one (and maybe others?) is an exception to the norm since it has nudity or something in it, and they don't want to show that kind of stuff in a clip. Idk.

Also, it seems that this is the only video out of the 4 from this thread (including Shamanic Princess) that doesn't have any video comments for it, which to me is suspicious, since the only way u can comment is if there is a video for it. If there is none, then u can't comment on it, which is why I think there may be no video for it.

Edit:

Ok, there's a video comment for it now (which means there's a video)! Seems that it just took a while for someone to finally watch and comment on it! XD
53209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/19/13 , edited 10/19/13
I have an All Access Black Friday $50 special and it works for all these movies but honestly... they are super cheesy! Live action boobs but really silly. And hard subbed 480p.
19111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/19/13
Way to stay classy, Crunchyroll. I'm guessing that last one got shovelled onto them as part of a multi-title licensing deal. That's usually how rubbish ends up being licensed.
13030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / USA / CANADA
Offline
Posted 10/19/13
I saw Zombie Ass at a movie festival last year, the place just EXPLODED with laughter! Both the director and lead actress were in attendance and they were hilarious too. Seriously worth your time, watch it with friends!!
20216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 10/20/13
Well I was going to watch Zombie ass, then I realized I had the Wrong type of premium account. I really wish that would have been made more clear. Maybe different icons or something to differentiate Anime and Drama (both of which I'm quite certain Zombie Ass doesn't really fit into)
The Wise Wizard
79361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/20/13

RogueIV wrote:

Well I was going to watch Zombie ass, then I realized I had the Wrong type of premium account. I really wish that would have been made more clear. Maybe different icons or something to differentiate Anime and Drama (both of which I'm quite certain Zombie Ass doesn't really fit into)

While the overwhelming majority of CR's material under that heading is indeed drama, I tend to refer to it as "live action" which a more accurate description.

Basically, if it isn't animation, it should be under drama, although as noted in an earlier message, there have been classification errors. (Although I can't recall the series, I recall that at least once an anime got stuck under the drama heading, although that was quickly corrected when Anime members complained the got the "must have drama membership" message when attempting to view it).

20216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 10/20/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


That's the thing though. CR always just says "Premium Account" instead of really differing the two. The account types really should just have 2 totally different names and be addressed as such to avoid such confusion. Especially when you offer a free trial for CR next to the Drama title and it turns out the Free Trial is Anime only. It's rather deceptive.
The Wise Wizard
79361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/20/13

RogueIV wrote:

That's the thing though. CR always just says "Premium Account" instead of really differing the two. The account types really should just have 2 totally different names and be addressed as such to avoid such confusion. Especially when you offer a free trial for CR next to the Drama title and it turns out the Free Trial is Anime only. It's rather deceptive.

If you check your profile, it will list "Account Type:" as "Anime Member", "Drama Member" or "All Access Member". Normally when you click for a free trial, it should result in this page, which lists all 3 types and allows you to choose.

18022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / world
Offline
Posted 10/20/13 , edited 10/20/13
ya fun weekend thanks
20216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 10/20/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


RogueIV wrote:

That's the thing though. CR always just says "Premium Account" instead of really differing the two. The account types really should just have 2 totally different names and be addressed as such to avoid such confusion. Especially when you offer a free trial for CR next to the Drama title and it turns out the Free Trial is Anime only. It's rather deceptive.

If you check your profile, it will list "Account Type:" as "Anime Member", "Drama Member" or "All Access Member". Normally when you click for a free trial, it should result in this page, which lists all 3 types and allows you to choose.



I know what account I have. I just meant in general for site improvement.

13030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / USA / CANADA
Offline
Posted 10/20/13

RogueIV
I know what account I have. I just meant in general for site improvement.



Hey, I know what you mean, and I agree.
21222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
Its a little odd that Chanbara will play for anime members, but not Zombie Ass. I guess I can wait.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.