First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Too Much Anime, So Little Time?
41963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Anonymity
Offline
Posted 10/21/13 , edited 10/21/13
My anime lineup currently consists of:

Kill La Kill
Rwby
Gingitsune
Galilei Donna
Beyond the Boundary
Outbreak Company
Strike the Blood
Log Horizon
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy
Arpeggio of the Blue Steel
Blazblue: Alter Memory
Coppelion

I'm currently behind on 6 of these
Plus a few older anime that I plan on watching (Lucky Star, Clannad)

I'm also in the middle of playing Tales of Xillia

As well as being late on updates from the Youtubers I follow.....HHHHHHNNNNGGGGG
10020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Swedish Street Life
Offline
Posted 10/21/13
Well i have way to much free time so no problem but i do play LoL like 8h each day so not much anime happens
79494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / PHILIPPINES
Offline
Posted 10/21/13
Yeppp true,i have a lot of anime that i dropped from list because i just dont hve the mood to continue the rest of it..like the feeling is gone. lolz` and i start another new anime....
26601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Memphis, TN
Online
Posted 10/21/13
True, I have more anime to watch than I have time, but that just means that I always have something to fall back on should I ever catch up on my other activities. . .
61704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 10/21/13
Yep. There's a lot of anime out there. A lot of good stuff, and a lot of crap. So, there's no need to watch everything. What what you like and you'll still have more than enough.
14895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 13th dimension
Offline
Posted 10/21/13 , edited 10/21/13

ducky04 wrote:

I watched all 600 episodes of One Piece over the course of 12 days, so no... I don't have this problem.


Let's see twelve days. That's 12*24=288 hours. In minutes that's 288*60=17280.
An episode of One piece is aprox 25 minutes long.
Now we also know you probably skipped, the opening and ending.
It's aprox 20 minutes. Cause if I remeber One Piece has a long opening.
20*600=12000. 12000/60=200. 200/24=8,3 days.
17280-12000= 5280 minutes.
5280/60=88 hours spare time.
88/12=7,3 hours a day. To sleep, to make food, to buy stuff, to go on the toilet etc.
Which would leave you with four-five hours of sleep.
Yeah I think you got a problem, I could see you be awake and not getting much sleep 3-4 days, but it's still pushing it, you would get angry lose focus of what you're watching and your concentration would be down the hole.
Not to talk about the headache from starring so long at your computer screen.
So yeah you have another kind of problem after that.
Well I know about Fast-Food, but that just opens up for other problems like, it would make you even more sleepy. Also that and not enough sleep would make you grumpy.
Also the english subtitles would get blurry for you.
TL: DR. I hope you're lying, cause the other thing is kinda sad. That you would do that to yourself, because of a show. Also this way you wouldn't be able to enjoy it. (That's what I think)
Posted 10/21/13

ducky04 wrote:

I watched all 600 episodes of One Piece over the course of 12 days, so no... I don't have this problem.


Why
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/21/13

kanae wrote:


ducky04 wrote:

I watched all 600 episodes of One Piece over the course of 12 days, so no... I don't have this problem.


That's 50 episodes a day, which is about 20-22 hours.
It's humanly impossible.

It's actually roughly 16 hours because the opening is usually 2 minutes long, the ending 1 minute, and the intro talking about the pirate king and what happened last episode is like 2 minutes as well.
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/21/13

Ink-e wrote:


ducky04 wrote:

I watched all 600 episodes of One Piece over the course of 12 days, so no... I don't have this problem.


Why


Because I had no internet for about 3 weeks, and all the episodes were already on my computer. (And I enjoyed watching it)
20112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 10/21/13
I don't feel like watching anime until late at night, around 10pm. I have a lot of time to watch it, but I'm usually playing games when I'm not in class or studying. I'll only watch anime during the day if I find a show that really compels me to watch it, and very few manage to do that.

But let me tell you - there's nothing better than laptop+anime+bed+tea.
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/21/13

Shock_Yin wrote:


ducky04 wrote:

I watched all 600 episodes of One Piece over the course of 12 days, so no... I don't have this problem.


Let's see twelve days. That's 12*24=288 hours. In minutes that's 288*60=17280.
An episode of One piece is aprox 25 minutes long.
Now we also know you probably skipped, the opening and ending.
It's aprox 20 minutes. Cause if I remeber One Piece has a long opening.
20*600=12000. 12000/60=200. 200/24=8,3 days.
17280-12000= 5280 minutes.
5280/60=88 hours spare time.
88/12=7,3 hours a day. To sleep, to make food, to buy stuff, to go on the toilet etc.
Which would leave you with four-five hours of sleep.
Yeah I think you got a problem, I could see you be awake and not getting much sleep 3-4 days, but it's still pushing it, you would get angry lose focus of what you're watching and your concentration would be down the hole.
Not to talk about the headache from starring so long at your computer screen.
So yeah you have another kind of problem after that.
Well I know about Fast-Food, but that just opens up for other problems like, it would make you even more sleepy. Also that and not enough sleep would make you grumpy.
Also the english subtitles would get blurry for you.
TL: DR. I hope you're lying, cause the other thing is kinda sad. That you would do that to yourself, because of a show. Also this way you wouldn't be able to enjoy it. (That's what I think)




- I only get headaches from annoying sounds not from a screen? and if I ever get one I just take two ibuprofen.
- I practically live off of fast food (Subway mostly).
- I've literally stayed awake for 40+ hours playing games. Of all the things I lack concentration is not one of those things.
- I kind of understand the whole "angry when tired thing" but that only applies to people for me (like when I'm talking to friends on Skype)
- The only reason I watched One Piece like that was because I had no internet for 3 weeks and I got really into it
71311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 10/21/13

OtakuKoala wrote:

There are so many shows on my list that I would like to watch/finish/get started with: Log Horizon, Oreimo, Strike the Blood, Bleach, Golden Time, Ef: A Tale of Melodies, Code Geass, Raxephon, etc, etc, the list goes on forever.

However, with college and my other hobbies/activities, I feel like I will never be able to watch them all. Does anyone else feel this way?


Start with series that are finished.

Then sort them by episode count. Watch the series in order from least amount of episodes to most.

So, hold off on Log Horizon, Strike the Blood, and Golden Time for now. Then you can marathon them later when they are finished.
14895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 13th dimension
Offline
Posted 10/21/13 , edited 10/21/13

ducky04 wrote:


Shock_Yin wrote:


ducky04 wrote:

I watched all 600 episodes of One Piece over the course of 12 days, so no... I don't have this problem.


Let's see twelve days. That's 12*24=288 hours. In minutes that's 288*60=17280.
An episode of One piece is aprox 25 minutes long.
Now we also know you probably skipped, the opening and ending.
It's aprox 20 minutes. Cause if I remeber One Piece has a long opening.
20*600=12000. 12000/60=200. 200/24=8,3 days.
17280-12000= 5280 minutes.
5280/60=88 hours spare time.
88/12=7,3 hours a day. To sleep, to make food, to buy stuff, to go on the toilet etc.
Which would leave you with four-five hours of sleep.
Yeah I think you got a problem, I could see you be awake and not getting much sleep 3-4 days, but it's still pushing it, you would get angry lose focus of what you're watching and your concentration would be down the hole.
Not to talk about the headache from starring so long at your computer screen.
So yeah you have another kind of problem after that.
Well I know about Fast-Food, but that just opens up for other problems like, it would make you even more sleepy. Also that and not enough sleep would make you grumpy.
Also the english subtitles would get blurry for you.
TL: DR. I hope you're lying, cause the other thing is kinda sad. That you would do that to yourself, because of a show. Also this way you wouldn't be able to enjoy it. (That's what I think)




- I only get headaches from annoying sounds not from a screen? and if I ever get one I just take two ibuprofen.
- I practically live off of fast food (Subway mostly).
- I've literally stayed awake for 40+ hours playing games. Of all the things I lack concentration is not one of those things.
- I kind of understand the whole "angry when tired thing" but that only applies to people for me (like when I'm talking to friends on Skype)
- The only reason I watched One Piece like that was because I had no internet for 3 weeks and I got really into it

I see, well if you were able to enjoy the show after being awake for so long, then go for it. Also that with your bed, is actually good, cause I think your back would have hurt otherwise.
Still I personally couldn't have done it, well more power to you then.
Well as long as you say, you were fine and also was able to watch and concentrate on the show, then it's not sad.
Also it's not like you only got 2 hours sleep everyday like someone else said, and I guess 12 days maybe was a bit to short a span of time to really feel the negative effects of to less sleep.
Also nice screen you have there.
Wait why didn't you span it on three weeks instead, or was one of the weeks before vaccation?
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/21/13

Shock_Yin wrote:

I see, well if you were able to enjoy the show after being awake for so long, then go for it. Also that with your bed, is actually good, cause I think your back would have hurt otherwise.
Still I personally couldn't have done it, well more power to you then.
Well as long as you say, you were fine and also was able to watch and concentrate on the show, then it's not sad.
Also it's not like you only got 2 hours sleep everyday like someone else said, and I guess 12 days maybe was a bit to short a span of time to really feel the negative effects of to less sleep.
Also nice screen you have there.
Wait why didn't you span it on three weeks instead, or was one of the weeks before vaccation?


I guess the only reason I watched it so fast was because I got so into it, I didn't expect it to be so captivating. Also I watched Clannad and some other shows during that 3 week time period because I knew I wouldn't have gotten around to them if I had internet.
27673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Game
Offline
Posted 10/21/13
Nah, I'll probably finish the Anime that are on my Still-To-Watch-List before I die.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.