Created by qualeshia3
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Which would you rather play?
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/22/13 , edited 10/19/15
If you never heard of some of those board games or card games, GO GOOGLE IT!!!!

Explain your choice in great detail.


Let me know if a thread similar to this one exist.
Thanks a bunches.

1465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/22/13 , edited 10/22/13
More variety in video games. Note: I don't think that separating the board game into two is fair because in video games there are rts, fps, rpgs, ect. but they were not split up.
Posted 10/22/13 , edited 10/22/13

TheInfernoVoid wrote:

More variety in video games. Note: I don't think that separating the board game into two is fair because in video games there are rts, fps, rpgs, ect. but they were not split up.


The first board games choice has only specifics, while the second board game choice has etc at the end, unless she meant to make them both etc, which i wouldn't see why she would even make two separate then, besides that board games #1 has more checkers/chess based games, while # 2 has a different variety. I picked board games # 1, i enjoy challenging my mind quite a bit, so i always play chess or mahjong, either with friends or online.
1465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
I see your point on that, well thanks for commenting.
17869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/22/13

qualeshia3 wrote:

If you never heard of some of those board games or card games, GO GOOGLE IT!!!!

Explain your choice in great detail.


Let me know if a thread similar to this one exist.
Thanks a bunches.


Doctor <wiggles eyebrows at op=
Posted 10/22/13 , edited 10/22/13

TheInfernoVoid wrote:

I see your point on that, well thanks for commenting.


Not a problem, i like filling people in on something that they don't notice, its no biggy.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/22/13

Ohyamatsumi wrote:


TheInfernoVoid wrote:

More variety in video games. Note: I don't think that separating the board game into two is fair because in video games there are rts, fps, rpgs, ect. but they were not split up.


The first board games choice has only specifics, while the second board game choice has etc at the end, unless she meant to make them both etc, which i wouldn't see why she would even make two separate then, besides that board games #1 has more checkers/chess based games, while # 2 has a different variety. I picked board games # 1, i enjoy challenging my mind quite a bit, so i always play chess or mahjong, either with friends or online.


I wanted the board games # 2 to be different but an addon to the first one........sorry.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/22/13

TheInfernoVoid wrote:

More variety in video games. Note: I don't think that separating the board game into two is fair because in video games there are rts, fps, rpgs, ect. but they were not split up.


I had other that can go for anything not listed but I believe I have etc for Video games.
Sorry.
22097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / On the Court
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
Be honest, has anyone sat down and played a game of monopoly and finish it? It takes 3 hours with just two people..........
1465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
No need to apologize lol. I was just pointing it out because it sort of skewed the data by halving the number of board game people. It's not a big deal unless this is for statistical matters, but even then you can just add the two together. So there's not really a problem per say, but i guess it's a little weird.
Posted 10/22/13

Ajcool33 wrote:

Be honest, has anyone sat down and played a game of monopoly and finish it? It takes 3 hours with just two people..........


I did, until Age of Empires II and Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Posted 10/22/13

TheInfernoVoid wrote:

No need to apologize lol. I was just pointing it out because it sort of skewed the data by halving the number of board game people. It's not a big deal unless this is for statistical matters, but even then you can just add the two together. So there's not really a problem per say, but i guess it's a little weird.


Well actually it is fine the way it is, i prefer chess and mahjong more than playing monopoly or apple to apple, etc. I am a major nerd, always trying to expand my knowledge and speed up my brain process.
1465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
Well it is fine, but still weird. Technically speaking you could separate each category into multiple groups, but then out of nowhere board games is divided. Separating each one though would probably better to have a separate poll for each though lol. On a side note I think it is a good thing you like games like that. Side Side note if you ever win any money in any form of contests I'll be happy to uhh help you spend it.
42255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/22/13

TheInfernoVoid wrote:

No need to apologize lol. I was just pointing it out because it sort of skewed the data by halving the number of board game people. It's not a big deal unless this is for statistical matters, but even then you can just add the two together. So there's not really a problem per say, but i guess it's a little weird.


Thank you. Statistics sounds a good way to describe it too.
Posted 10/22/13

TheInfernoVoid wrote:

Well it is fine, but still weird. Technically speaking you could separate each category into multiple groups, but then out of nowhere board games is divided. Separating each one though would probably better to have a separate poll for each though lol. On a side note I think it is a good thing you like games like that. Side Side note if you ever win any money in any form of contests I'll be happy to uhh help you spend it.


Hahaha, i find you interesting, and i understand these "statistics", and i think separating the categories into multiple groups would be better option. Btw, i have entered quite a few contests and tournaments, most of the time i only get to the semi finals, but i have reached 2nd place in a 2012 Majhong Tournament held in my local area. The reward wasn't much but the experience was what i enjoyed most out of all the tournaments.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.