Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you use olive oil for your skin or hair?
773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Jacksonville, Flo...
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
I use olive oil on my curly hair. It makes my hair soft and healthy.
23098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Down the Rabbit Hole
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
No. Never thought about doing do.
8032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Elsewhere
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
I tend to use purely conditioner for my hair. Probably has a similar effect.
3559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
My scalp's oil glands are too over-active for me to want to apply straight olive oil onto my hair. The excessive amount of oil would irritate my scalp and make it itchy after a while. Also, I don't like putting plain olive oil on my skin, because of the scent. Coconut oil, sweet almond oil, rice oil, marigold oil, manuka oil, and castor oil are more towards my taste. I prefer to have them in lotions and soaps, though I use a few plain for medicinal purposes.
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
That would be a no lol not sure what its suppose to do but I don't need extra grease on my hair or skin
773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Jacksonville, Flo...
Offline
Posted 10/23/13

aeb0717 wrote:

My scalp's oil glands are too over-active for me to want to apply straight olive oil onto my hair. The excessive amount of oil would irritate my scalp and make it itchy after a while. Also, I don't like putting plain olive oil on my skin, because of the scent. Coconut oil, sweet almond oil, rice oil, marigold oil, manuka oil, and castor oil are more towards my taste. I prefer to have them in lotions and soaps, though I use a few plain for medicinal purposes.


What I do is leave olive oil in my hair for 20-30 minutes then wash it out with natural shampoo. I also use it to detangle my hair sometimes.I dont use olive oil all the time because I have a oily scalp too.
29591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
Nope. Shampoo and I'm done. Never heard of using olive oil on hair before this. Though, if it's a good detangler, it might be good to use when my hair grows long again. (Just got it cut above my shoulders.) I hate having to use so much conditioner when my hair is long.
18615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Online
Posted 10/23/13 , edited 10/23/13
Nope. Just straight up conditioner. No shampoo... it dries your hair.
12019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
The best use for olive oil is to remove eye shadow makeup. Never use it for your hair, trust me
it's a hassle for it to absorb and if you wear glasses like me, your lens will get foggy before it actually does absorb

A better alternative is morrcan oil. I'm currently using the one from Garnier Fructis.
100% honey is also a better alternative if you are using something for your face, I've seen more results from it than olive oil........
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / MASS!
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
I put olive oil + vinegar on my salad.......
2187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Earth. Las Vegas,...
Offline
Posted 10/23/13 , edited 10/24/13
Yes, I do olive olive oil treatments on my hair about once to twice a month. and it improved my hair a lot! One treatment I do nearly every week is plain natural yogurt and olive oil mixed together and applied as a hair mask.


Leechan69 wrote:

What I do is leave olive oil in my hair for 20-30 minutes then wash it out with natural shampoo. I also use it to detangle my hair sometimes.I dont use olive oil all the time because I have a oily scalp too.


Try using a avocado mask on your hair. It's a mixture of avocados, olive oil, and egg yolks. It's great for oily hair and repairs and purifies your scalp and hair to produce less oil.
8202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
why is this thread making me hungery?
773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Jacksonville, Flo...
Offline
Posted 10/23/13 , edited 10/24/13

loreal_BTFizzle wrote:

Try using a avocado mask on your hair. It's a mixture of avocados, olive oil, and egg yolks. It's great for oily hair and repairs and purifies your scalp and hair to produce less oil.


Thanks, Ive been thinking about using avocado in my hair. I have used egg and olive oil in my hair before. It was good to my curls leaving it moist.
15482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 10/23/13
No, I use Olive Oil to find Popeye.

On a serious note, no. I don't use olive oil as a means to clean my body.
Posted 10/23/13
SHAMPOO.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.