First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Things that give anime fandom a bad name?
12749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 10/26/13
What are some things that sometimes make you facepalm or in extreme cases, hang your head in shame? Especially in clubs or at conventions.

My list:

NEETS
People who don't wear deodorant.
That one girl who laughs really REALLY loudly.
That one guy who has to yell ALL the time.
The guy who bashes anime just to hurry to his room to watch anime.
People who demand an anime gets licensed then torrents the whole thing.
People who make DBZ AMVs to Linkin Park songs.

Last but not least...

People who grow out of anime because they think it's for kids.
87797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/26/13
What?
Sogno- 
25944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/26/13 , edited 10/26/13
yo people should always wear deodorant
11952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 10/26/13
Most of these can be applied to any annoying person. The only real thing that anime fans that do that doesn't help is bash other anime fans when they don't have the same opinion as them. Which again applies to almost any type of fandom.
4825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/26/13
huh>
12427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/26/13 , edited 10/26/13
I don't even.....what???

I honestly don't think anime fandom has a bad name hell compared to gamers we are angels
23428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Online
Posted 10/26/13
Those who speak Wapanese
Those who are socially inept outside of the world of anime (which I sort of count for >_>)
Fangirls, Fanboys
Haters

Anime fandom can be better than lots of fandoms. The bad fans are the same as other fandoms' bad ones, for the most part.

Dude, underground metal fandoms? They can be the most moody, judgmental people. Haters all around, due to their already picky taste in music.

Dealing with a few SAO haters and Big 3 fan complaints is like nothing.
87797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/26/13 , edited 10/26/13

TrueGoober wrote:

Those who speak Wapanese
Those who are socially inept outside of the world of anime (which I sort of count for >_>)
Fangirls, Fanboys
Haters

Anime fandom can be better than lots of fandoms. The bad fans are the same as other fandoms' bad ones, for the most part.

Dude, underground metal fandoms? They can be the most moody, judgmental people. Haters all around, due to their already picky taste in music.

Dealing with a few SAO haters and Big 3 fan complaints is like nothing.


i didn't remember you since you changed your profile pic

i disappoint myself, lol.
12427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/26/13

AnimeKami wrote:


TrueGoober wrote:

Those who speak Wapanese
Those who are socially inept outside of the world of anime (which I sort of count for >_>)
Fangirls, Fanboys
Haters

Anime fandom can be better than lots of fandoms. The bad fans are the same as other fandoms' bad ones, for the most part.

Dude, underground metal fandoms? They can be the most moody, judgmental people. Haters all around, due to their already picky taste in music.

Dealing with a few SAO haters and Big 3 fan complaints is like nothing.


i didn't remember you since you changed your profile pic

i disappoint myself, lol.


I know right...he has gone emo

148556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/26/13
Eh for me, I guess people who takes anime way too seriously and tries to swift people's views towards their favorite/most hated anime series.
16233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 10/26/13
Hmmmmm.

White people?

What? Ain't you ever try to talk to someone about Anime and Manga, have the same interests in someone, and have them spurn you because you're skin color is closer to Mahogany than Teak?

What? The rest are just fan's of something, however deep or shallow. I don't get onto other Anime lovers for not knowing anime studio's or directors. I don't think those who know more should think less of those who think less. It's not a contest, just share your knowledge.

But if you don't want to share, or you don't want to listen, get the hell out. I'll argue about why something's good or bad for a year before I stand a second of someone 'not wanting to talk about it, but wanting to make sure you know you're a tryhard and should stop thinking about it"

Damn it, communicate here, life ain't a Shakespearean comedy, we don't get kicks out of misunderstandings, sorta....
36468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 10/26/13

Felstalker wrote:

Hmmmmm.

White people?



no need to be racist.

but anyway, the worst part of ANY fandom, no matter what it is, are the fans.
16233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 10/26/13

aidenraine wrote:


Felstalker wrote:

Hmmmmm.

White people?



no need to be racist.

but anyway, the worst part of ANY fandom, no matter what it is, are the fans.


Hey! I like throwing the race card. If their was one thing fiction has told me, it's if you're half one race and half another, you're expected to throw a race card at every problem.

And the fans make up the entirety of fandoms, that's like saying the only thing wrong with a sandwich, is it's a sandwich.
36468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 10/26/13


race card is never acceptable, in my book.

and that's my point exactly.
13484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 10/26/13 , edited 10/26/13
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.