First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Things that give anime fandom a bad name?
Banned
8748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 10/27/13

uncletim wrote:


Shukuchi wrote:

I can't comprehend how people can shed out a ton of money on the tacky merchandise that comes with anime, specifically the figmas, why you would want to spend £100+ on some anime character with removable underwear is completely beyond me, also a reason to give the fandom as a whole a bad name.


why do people spend a ton of money on art? it's just a freaking painting



I can see the angle you're going for and it doesn't work, sorry, some paintings and other pieces of art can conjure a whole myriad of emotions, that and some are just beautiful to look at. Can figmas inspire any other emotion than the urge to fap to hentai ? Also I disagree with any tacky plastic figure coming close to a state that I would call beautiful.
3137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Behind you.
Offline
Posted 10/27/13
There are those really annoying online shipping wars. As well as fans who harass (sexually or not) other fans at cons. D:
21821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/27/13

Shukuchi wrote:


uncletim wrote:


Shukuchi wrote:

I can't comprehend how people can shed out a ton of money on the tacky merchandise that comes with anime, specifically the figmas, why you would want to spend £100+ on some anime character with removable underwear is completely beyond me, also a reason to give the fandom as a whole a bad name.


why do people spend a ton of money on art? it's just a freaking painting



I can see the angle you're going for and it doesn't work, sorry, some paintings and other pieces of art can conjure a whole myriad of emotions, that and some are just beautiful to look at. Can figmas inspire any other emotion than the urge to fap to hentai ? Also I disagree with any tacky plastic figure coming close to a state that I would call beautiful.


just because it's not art to you doesn't mean it'snot art to someone else art is in the eye of the beholder. There was one guy who smeared his own shit on a canvis and calling it art and all I thought was no that is just shit but other kept telling me it's art...

11942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 10/27/13
Hate to say it but every time i say i watch anime i get the reply "cartoon porn?" to which i sigh and say "yes, cartoon porn". I gave up long ago on trying to argue the merits of anime when the general consensus is that it's porn.
52386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 10/27/13
Shipping wars. I just. But, this happens with fandoms outside of anime nowadays, too.

Also, the pervs. The pervs are the worst. They are why some people think anime is synonymous with Japanese porn.

And, as with any fandom, people can go really over-the-top with their dedication to anime... Like cosplaying in public for no reason (I mean full cosplay, the outfits, the role play, everything). I have seen this, and it is embarrassing. People who use random Japanese words in conversation are kind of annoying as well... Especially when they don't really know what the word means. But, then again, I find it generally annoying when people use words or phrases that they don't actually understand. In any language.

I used to hate associating myself with the otaku crowd in high school because they acted so strange. They hug people for no reason. They emulate anime fighting moves and spout off broken Japanese so enthusiastically it makes me want to hide in shame. But I'm pretty much over that, now. Live and let live, I suppose. I'll admit to people that I like anime, now, but some actions of the fandom still make me pretty embarrassed at times.
11254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
1337 MLG Lane, Pr...
Offline
Posted 10/27/13
The fandom!!!!!

I'm afraid to people I'm an anime fan because they'll assume I'm some really weird obsessed loud fangirl who talks about anime characters like they're the hottest things on the planet
Banned
8748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 10/27/13 , edited 10/27/13

uncletim wrote:


Shukuchi wrote:


uncletim wrote:


Shukuchi wrote:

I can't comprehend how people can shed out a ton of money on the tacky merchandise that comes with anime, specifically the figmas, why you would want to spend £100+ on some anime character with removable underwear is completely beyond me, also a reason to give the fandom as a whole a bad name.


why do people spend a ton of money on art? it's just a freaking painting



I can see the angle you're going for and it doesn't work, sorry, some paintings and other pieces of art can conjure a whole myriad of emotions, that and some are just beautiful to look at. Can figmas inspire any other emotion than the urge to fap to hentai ? Also I disagree with any tacky plastic figure coming close to a state that I would call beautiful.


just because it's not art to you doesn't mean it'snot art to someone else art is in the eye of the beholder. There was one guy who smeared his own shit on a canvis and calling it art and all I thought was no that is just shit but other kept telling me it's art...





Yes it's all clear to me now this is defiantly not a piece of mass produced, moe/ecchi garbage that is designed to hover up any loose change from perverts with schoolgirl and panties fetishes, no not at all....
21821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/27/13 , edited 3/7/15

Shukuchi wrote:



Yes it's all clear to me now this is defiantly not a piece of mass produced, moe/ecchi garbage that is designed to hover up any loose change from perverts with schoolgirl and panties fetishes, no not at all....


so thats not art but some shit smeared on a canvas...my goodness I guess I just not as much of a hipster as you
106837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/27/13 , edited 10/27/13
Read this

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-817775/is-this-art

in short, I can do something like that in paint and it can or cannot be called art.

I'll take a figma k thx

Banned
8748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 10/27/13 , edited 3/7/15

uncletim wrote:

so thats not art but some shit smeared on a canvas...my goodness I guess I just not as much of a hipster as you


What ? you seem to think I'm being sarcastic ?
59348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 10/27/13
*reads through the thread*

One thing I wish to add: Fans treating each other more horribly than anybody outside the fandom ever would.
21821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/27/13 , edited 3/7/15

Shukuchi wrote:

What ? you seem to think I'm being sarcastic ?



no I just think you refuse to see things from diffrent points of view
21821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 10/27/13
ugh can never seem to get the spoiler thing right
Banned
8748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Cambridge United...
Offline
Posted 10/27/13 , edited 3/7/15

uncletim wrote:


no I just think you refuse to see things from diffrent points of view


Okay then please tell me how a figma is worth the money some people pay, how they aren't mass produced pieces of tacky shit, and stop trying to bring in examples of modern art into this the discussion is about figmas, you're the one who had the audacity to categorize them as pieces of art in the first place, I merely said that I couldn't understand why people buy them when they are so expensive for what they are, You seriously think it's hard or takes any amount of creative flair to make a character bend over with their ass hanging out ?
15800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/13 , edited 10/27/13
two users flashed across my mind when i saw this thread

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.