Post Reply GIF profile photo won't upload
Posted 10/26/13
I am trying to upload a gif as my profile photo(added the frames as layers using Photoshop CS6, cropped the layers into a square, then saved it for the web. Unchecked transparency and set the dimensions to 250 x 250. The file size is 1.15 mb).

However, whenever I try to upload it, the loading screen stays on "Loading..." forever. How do I make it upload the GIF? Are there specific dimensions or a file size that will work?

Thanks!
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 10/26/13 , edited 10/26/13

OtakuKoala wrote:

I am trying to upload a gif as my profile photo(added the frames as layers using Photoshop CS6, cropped the layers into a square, then saved it for the web. Unchecked transparency and set the dimensions to 250 x 250. The file size is 1.15 mb).

However, whenever I try to upload it, the loading screen stays on "Loading..." forever. How do I make it upload the GIF? Are there specific dimensions or a file size that will work?

Thanks!


Nah, there's nothing particularly special that you have to do, it's just that GIF files used for avatars are strange. They'll only upload correctly if they're less than 0.9mb in size. Try resizing it to 200x200, see if that's enough to bring it down to around 800kb.

Edit: Ah! Haha, I just checked my group, and saw that you posted there. I suppose an answer here will work instead. ^_^ Make sure to select the whole image to use as your avatar when it successfully uploads.
Posted 10/27/13

mwhitco91 wrote:


OtakuKoala wrote:

I am trying to upload a gif as my profile photo(added the frames as layers using Photoshop CS6, cropped the layers into a square, then saved it for the web. Unchecked transparency and set the dimensions to 250 x 250. The file size is 1.15 mb).

However, whenever I try to upload it, the loading screen stays on "Loading..." forever. How do I make it upload the GIF? Are there specific dimensions or a file size that will work?

Thanks!


Nah, there's nothing particularly special that you have to do, it's just that GIF files used for avatars are strange. They'll only upload correctly if they're less than 0.9mb in size. Try resizing it to 200x200, see if that's enough to bring it down to around 800kb.

Edit: Ah! Haha, I just checked my group, and saw that you posted there. I suppose an answer here will work instead. ^_^ Make sure to select the whole image to use as your avatar when it successfully uploads.


Thank you so much! Lowering the file size to 900 kb did the trick n__n
2065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 10/25/15 , edited 10/25/15
I keep trying to post https://media.giphy.com/media/zZrqqtyxRsIRG/giphy.gif , for my profile. Help? Please? I don't really get the frames, or how to resize it.
13850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere?
Offline
Posted 10/27/15

Coolc341 wrote:

I keep trying to post https://media.giphy.com/media/zZrqqtyxRsIRG/giphy.gif , for my profile. Help? Please? I don't really get the frames, or how to resize it.


You could join the Glitchy Gif Fixing group. They can fix the gif for you.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Glitchy_GIF_Fixing/forum#s=/group/Glitchy_GIF_Fixing/info
2065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 10/28/15
Thanks! And Would you mind telling me what anime your profile picture is from? (It looks kinda Badass XD)
13850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere?
Offline
Posted 10/28/15 , edited 10/28/15

Coolc341 wrote:

Thanks! And Would you mind telling me what anime your profile picture is from? (It looks kinda Badass XD)


My profile picture is from Haikyu!!.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/haikyu
2065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / Nowhere
Offline
Posted 10/28/15
Thanks again! X3
You must be logged in to post.