First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Are there any anime characters you love but everyone else can't stand?
28100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

TrueGoober wrote:

Shinji is much better than people give him credit for.
(actual spoilers below)


I don't get how people manage to not see the guy with any sense of sympathy or understanding. Sometimes people can suck like that.


Oh, Shinji's problems at being a likable character are not from his emotional state, or the fact that his father is an ass. It is a lot of other things... that he himself does that is the problem, and how he presents himself. I will have my counter list here:


Yeah, I am not a Shinji fan. Not that I can defend most of the characters in the cast at all. Almost everyone in it comes off as unlikable ass-hats... except for Pen-Pen... He is awesome. <.<


29900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

Orga777 wrote:


TrueGoober wrote:

Shinji is much better than people give him credit for.
(actual spoilers below)


I don't get how people manage to not see the guy with any sense of sympathy or understanding. Sometimes people can suck like that.


Oh, Shinji's problems at being a likable character are not from his emotional state, or the fact that his father is an ass. It is a lot of other things... that he himself does that is the problem, and how he presents himself. I will have my counter list here:


Yeah, I am not a Shinji fan. Not that I can defend most of the characters in the cast at all. Almost everyone in it comes off as unlikable ass-hats... except for Pen-Pen... He is awesome. <.<


Pen-Pen was awesome lol
I'll do a one-to-one response, for the sake of different perspectives

Yeah, I think this might eventually turn into a my opinion/your opinion deal. But it's good discussion.
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/6/13



Nice little debate going on right here.


8031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/6/13
Sasuke was one of my favorite characters in Naruto

(Didn't much care for the character development he had later on though. Damn you Kishimoto!)
17879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/6/13 , edited 11/6/13
The only person I didn't like from NGE was Asuka I freaking hated her she was a spoiled little brat who thought way to much of herself. I just once wanted hinji to bend her over a table and go "Take it yeah take my AT " then slap her in the back of the head and say "Now go fix me a sandwich you tsundere b****" I would pay to see that I am honestly surprised she hasn't bled to death seeing how by 3.0 she has been on the rag for 14 years!!!

But I liked Shinji and truely understand where he was coming from
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 11/6/13
Makoto Itou from School Days.

Unlike in every other harem where the MC is a wuss, Makoto doesn't run away from the girls who throw themselves at him. He actually goes for it!

6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

HauAreWe wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

Evangelion/Rebuild of Evangelion: Rei Ayanami and Shinji Ikari

Fate/Zero: Caster, Ryunosuke Uryu, and Wave Velvet

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Madoka

Watamote: Tomoko Kuroki

Inuyasha: Sesshomaru


This list is surprising
Rei has her own Cult (that's only mitigated by Yuki Nagato from Haruhi)
Caster & Ryunosuke are great background villains
Waver was great for Rider's character development and he seems to be the most ordinary person of the bunch (high chances of relatability for the viewer) and Fate/Zero seems to respect and protect that.
Sesshomaru only suffers from popularity plague and Naruto-itis

I can get Shinji, Madoka, and Tomoko though. Many people seem to have trouble finishing episodes in Watamote due to how unappealing her actions are and the results of them can seem. I guess she really does have trouble being popular, haha.


I chose Rei because, while she may not be "hated", I still think she's incredibly underrated (she's supposed to be the main heroine, IMO). It just comes off to me like people ignore her in favor of.....the other one (I'm trying to be nice here), and that sucks because she busts her ass for everyone and doesn't whine or complain or have a nervous breakdown.

I chose Caster and Ryunosuke because I felt that everyone was just horrified by their actions, rather than I, who was impressed with how well they were written.

I chose Waver because I felt that everyone thought he was a pansy, while I was rooting for him to win the Holy Grail War. ( As a citizen of the United States of America, it is easy for one to see why I'm not a big fan of royalty and all that jive.)

I felt that Inuyasha characters in general get a lot of heat, and I certainly did have problems with a few of them, but not Sesshomaru. In my opinion, Sesshomaru was a far better antagonist than you-know-who, and at times I even wished that HE was the main character.
17879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

Angerudusto wrote:


HauAreWe wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

Evangelion/Rebuild of Evangelion: Rei Ayanami and Shinji Ikari

Fate/Zero: Caster, Ryunosuke Uryu, and Wave Velvet

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Madoka

Watamote: Tomoko Kuroki

Inuyasha: Sesshomaru


This list is surprising
Rei has her own Cult (that's only mitigated by Yuki Nagato from Haruhi)
Caster & Ryunosuke are great background villains
Waver was great for Rider's character development and he seems to be the most ordinary person of the bunch (high chances of relatability for the viewer) and Fate/Zero seems to respect and protect that.
Sesshomaru only suffers from popularity plague and Naruto-itis

I can get Shinji, Madoka, and Tomoko though. Many people seem to have trouble finishing episodes in Watamote due to how unappealing her actions are and the results of them can seem. I guess she really does have trouble being popular, haha.


I chose Rei because, while she may not be "hated", I still think she's incredibly underrated (she's supposed to be the main heroine, IMO). It just comes off to me like people ignore her in favor of.....the other one (I'm trying to be nice here), and that sucks because she busts her ass for everyone and doesn't whine or complain or have a nervous breakdown.

I chose Caster and Ryunosuke because I felt that everyone was just horrified by their actions, rather than I, who was impressed with how well they were written.

I chose Waver because I felt that everyone thought he was a pansy, while I was rooting for him to win the Holy Grail War. ( As a citizen of the United States of America, it is easy for one to see why I'm not a big fan of royalty and all that jive.)

I felt that Inuyasha characters in general get a lot of heat, and I certainly did have problems with a few of them, but not Sesshomaru. In my opinion, Sesshomaru was a far better antagonist than you-know-who, and at times I even wished that HE was the main character.

Want to see a better take on Rei? watch this but be warned you will laugh you butt off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBJgZH2jgWU

6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

Evangelion/Rebuild of Evangelion: Rei Ayanami and Shinji Ikari

Fate/Zero: Caster, Ryunosuke Uryu, and Wave Velvet

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Madoka

Watamote: Tomoko Kuroki

Inuyasha: Sesshomaru




Most anime fans are WAY too hard on Shinji and its sad.


It's kind of scary how much irrational hatred people pile on to him. I mean, sure, he's a fictional character, but I know people like Shinji, and acting hatefully to those kinds of people only ends up making them worse. It reminds me of a scene from Higurashi where
1314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 11/6/13 , edited 11/6/13
Eva Heinemann from Monster. I get why she's hated, she's a pretty nasty person for the majority of the show but I loved her character. She always felt very real to me. I was always torn between wanting to slap her or pity her. That and she had fantastic character development. I just adore her.
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/6/13


I remember seeing Rika hit Satoko with a chair too. I get what you're saying and then again I do not.
I get it because of Satoko getting hit by the chair and it reminded me of her little incident with Rika. But I don't since I haven't completely watched the show to see it.

I pretty much laughed when Rika hit Satoko with the chair.
Sorry.







6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

uncletim wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:


HauAreWe wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

Evangelion/Rebuild of Evangelion: Rei Ayanami and Shinji Ikari

Fate/Zero: Caster, Ryunosuke Uryu, and Wave Velvet

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Madoka

Watamote: Tomoko Kuroki

Inuyasha: Sesshomaru


This list is surprising
Rei has her own Cult (that's only mitigated by Yuki Nagato from Haruhi)
Caster & Ryunosuke are great background villains
Waver was great for Rider's character development and he seems to be the most ordinary person of the bunch (high chances of relatability for the viewer) and Fate/Zero seems to respect and protect that.
Sesshomaru only suffers from popularity plague and Naruto-itis

I can get Shinji, Madoka, and Tomoko though. Many people seem to have trouble finishing episodes in Watamote due to how unappealing her actions are and the results of them can seem. I guess she really does have trouble being popular, haha.


I chose Rei because, while she may not be "hated", I still think she's incredibly underrated (she's supposed to be the main heroine, IMO). It just comes off to me like people ignore her in favor of.....the other one (I'm trying to be nice here), and that sucks because she busts her ass for everyone and doesn't whine or complain or have a nervous breakdown.

I chose Caster and Ryunosuke because I felt that everyone was just horrified by their actions, rather than I, who was impressed with how well they were written.

I chose Waver because I felt that everyone thought he was a pansy, while I was rooting for him to win the Holy Grail War. ( As a citizen of the United States of America, it is easy for one to see why I'm not a big fan of royalty and all that jive.)

I felt that Inuyasha characters in general get a lot of heat, and I certainly did have problems with a few of them, but not Sesshomaru. In my opinion, Sesshomaru was a far better antagonist than you-know-who, and at times I even wished that HE was the main character.

Want to see a better take on Rei? watch this but be warned you will laugh you butt off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBJgZH2jgWU



Actually I don't really like EvAbridged. Everyone acts like an ass towards Shinji, and it's supposed to be funny, but it's not. It's one of several reasons why I don't respect Gigguk or his opinions. And even there, I don't like the way they wrote Rei. She's a passive aggressive b-word (but only towards Shinji). And it's kind of ridiculous how much irrational hatred they just shell out on Shinji. It doesn't make me laugh, or feel good, it just makes me depressed that there are people out there that take pleasure in abusing sad, sick (albeit fictional), children. I mean, what if there was someone out there like Shinji in real life? Would you say all those nasty things to him/her? Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of characters out there that I don't like. For example: I don't like Tomoya from Clannad. I've written reviews as to why I think he's an ungrateful, selfish, jackass, but I would never go so far as to writing fanfiction where the main premise is everyone verbally abusing him. It's like Crime and Punishment, where Gigguk is Mikolka and Shinji is the sick, starving, horse he's beating to death while everyone is cheering and laughing.
19630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Elkhart, Indiana
Offline
Posted 11/6/13
Minmay from the original Macross
Not really a character everyone hates but a lot of people

I also like Misa from DeathNote
18532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

VolkKat34000 wrote:

Minmay from the original Macross
Not really a character everyone hates but a lot of people

I also like Misa from DeathNote


Oh man, I know I hated Minmei. At first I thought she was cute, but eventually she became... annoyingly fickle. I felt the reverse way about Lisa Hayes, initially I thought she was a frumpy biddy, but by the end I was totally cheering her on.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

qualeshia3 wrote:



I remember seeing Rika hit Satoko with a chair too. I get what you're saying and then again I do not.
I get it because of Satoko getting hit by the chair and it reminded me of her little incident with Rika. But I don't since I haven't completely watched the show to see it.

I pretty much laughed when Rika hit Satoko with the chair.
Sorry.









Ummm, no that's a different scene. I'm talking about where Shion, the one with the large breasts and the green hair (Mion's identical twin sister) beats her with a chair. There was an entirely different scene were a completely different Satoko was beaten with a chair by Rika (blue-haired loli). That one, I thought she had it coming.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.