First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Are there any anime characters you love but everyone else can't stand?
17901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

Angerudusto wrote:


uncletim wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:


HauAreWe wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

Evangelion/Rebuild of Evangelion: Rei Ayanami and Shinji Ikari

Fate/Zero: Caster, Ryunosuke Uryu, and Wave Velvet

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Madoka

Watamote: Tomoko Kuroki

Inuyasha: Sesshomaru


This list is surprising
Rei has her own Cult (that's only mitigated by Yuki Nagato from Haruhi)
Caster & Ryunosuke are great background villains
Waver was great for Rider's character development and he seems to be the most ordinary person of the bunch (high chances of relatability for the viewer) and Fate/Zero seems to respect and protect that.
Sesshomaru only suffers from popularity plague and Naruto-itis

I can get Shinji, Madoka, and Tomoko though. Many people seem to have trouble finishing episodes in Watamote due to how unappealing her actions are and the results of them can seem. I guess she really does have trouble being popular, haha.


I chose Rei because, while she may not be "hated", I still think she's incredibly underrated (she's supposed to be the main heroine, IMO). It just comes off to me like people ignore her in favor of.....the other one (I'm trying to be nice here), and that sucks because she busts her ass for everyone and doesn't whine or complain or have a nervous breakdown.

I chose Caster and Ryunosuke because I felt that everyone was just horrified by their actions, rather than I, who was impressed with how well they were written.

I chose Waver because I felt that everyone thought he was a pansy, while I was rooting for him to win the Holy Grail War. ( As a citizen of the United States of America, it is easy for one to see why I'm not a big fan of royalty and all that jive.)

I felt that Inuyasha characters in general get a lot of heat, and I certainly did have problems with a few of them, but not Sesshomaru. In my opinion, Sesshomaru was a far better antagonist than you-know-who, and at times I even wished that HE was the main character.

Want to see a better take on Rei? watch this but be warned you will laugh you butt off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBJgZH2jgWU



Actually I don't really like EvAbridged. Everyone acts like an ass towards Shinji, and it's supposed to be funny, but it's not. It's one of several reasons why I don't respect Gigguk or his opinions. And even there, I don't like the way they wrote Rei. She's a passive aggressive b-word (but only towards Shinji). And it's kind of ridiculous how much irrational hatred they just shell out on Shinji. It doesn't make me laugh, or feel good, it just makes me depressed that there are people out there that take pleasure in abusing sad, sick (albeit fictional), children. I mean, what if there was someone out there like Shinji in real life? Would you say all those nasty things to him/her? Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of characters out there that I don't like. For example: I don't like Tomoya from Clannad. I've written reviews as to why I think he's an ungrateful, selfish, jackass, but I would never go so far as to writing fanfiction where the main premise is everyone verbally abusing him. It's like Crime and Punishment, where Gigguk is Mikolka and Shinji is the sick, starving, horse he's beating to death while everyone is cheering and laughing.

wow just my luck another anime hipster it's just an anime get over it and yes Shinji was a spineless wimp in NGE even the guy who wrote the damm thing said that was how he wanted him to be.
That being said I liked Shinji in the rebuilds he was more human in those and yes he was even badass
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/6/13



I know who both Mion and Shion is.
Now I get it. I don't remember that one just the one with Satoko getting hit with a chair by Rika.
Sorry about that.


42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/6/13


That guy has got to be one of the most HATED characters in the anime fandom.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

qualeshia3 wrote:



That guy has got to be one of the most HATED characters in the anime fandom.


Well it fits what you were asking

And I seriously do like him, how many harem animes (like every other one in existence) does the MC act like he is afraid of female parts?!!! Makoto is a refreshing change from that (and does what most any normal guy his age would do...GO FOR IT)
Posted 11/6/13

Irybell wrote:

Eva Heinemann from Monster. I get why she's hated, she's a pretty nasty person for the majority of the show but I loved her character. She always felt very real to me. I was always torn between wanting to slap her or pity her. That and she had fantastic character development. I just adore her.


I liked her character as well. Her pov episodes were very interesting.
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/6/13



I don't know many male characters like that.
71062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Online
Posted 11/6/13

uncletim wrote:

Want to see a better take on Rei? watch this but be warned you will laugh you butt off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBJgZH2jgWU

I'd been putting this off.

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch Evangelion the same way again.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/13


1. Never call me a hipster. I am not a hipster. I may be an individual who possesses unpopular opinions, but it's not because they're unpopular, it's because I think they are right. It is not because I want to be controversial, but because I don't like sitting around and having things that I think are wrong or illogical be shoved down my throat. You don't have to listen to me, and you don't have to care.

2. I'm not trying to argue that Shinji is an amazing character, I'm trying to argue that most of the hate on him is not based in what was actually happening in the series, but people allowing their emotions to get the best of them. Even if he is supposed to be a spineless wimp, what's so horrible about that? Not everyone can be an alpha male.

3. Yes, I agree, Rebuild of Evangelion is superior to the original in almost every conceivable aspect, because the creator's vision is not being diluted with budget/time constraints, or depression.

4. It is NEVER "just an anime". I enjoy anime very much, and I do take it seriously. If that makes me a dork or a loser, then so be it.
17901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

Angerudusto wrote:



1. Never call me a hipster. I am not a hipster. I may be an individual who possesses unpopular opinions, but it's not because they're unpopular, it's because I think they are right. It is not because I want to be controversial, but because I don't like sitting around and having things that I think are wrong or illogical be shoved down my throat. You don't have to listen to me, and you don't have to care.

2. I'm not trying to argue that Shinji is an amazing character, I'm trying to argue that most of the hate on him is not based in what was actually happening in the series, but people allowing their emotions to get the best of them. Even if he is supposed to be a spineless wimp, what's so horrible about that? Not everyone can be an alpha male.

3. Yes, I agree, Rebuild of Evangelion is superior to the original in almost every conceivable aspect, because the creator's vision is not being diluted with budget/time constraints, or depression.

4. It is NEVER "just an anime". I enjoy anime very much, and I do take it seriously. If that makes me a dork or a loser, then so be it.


1. you kind of came off as one you jumped down my throat instead of just saying "Nah I don't care fot this but thanks anyways"

2. Shinji is one of if not the best writen characters in anime IMO if he wasn't you think he would invoke such reactions from people?

3. we are in full agreement thou I have mix feelings on 3.0

4 when all is said and done yeah it's just an anime and if you take this too seriously your going to wind up as one of those guys who marries his wifiu pikkow and that is just creepy yeah enjoy just don't worship it
28100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/7/13 , edited 11/7/13

TrueGoober
Pen-Pen was awesome lol
I'll do a one-to-one response, for the sake of different perspectives


Sounds good to me. XD A little late here due to being rather busy yesterday. Sorry about that. lol




I will have my counter points one by one here, as well.




Yeah, I think this might eventually turn into a my opinion/your opinion deal. But it's good discussion.


Which is always the best thing about these sort of discussions. XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.