First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What is the meaning of Drama to you?
Posted 1/27/08
To me I'm not so sure....and thus the reason I created this topic.
I've really taken the time to think about what the word Drama actually meant and I only started because of a friend saying accusingly that.........
Drama=Soap Opera
I really got angry when I heard that, since my opinion of a soap opera is a love story gone wrong, but I couldn't talk back since I truely did not know the true meaning to drama...

Also if this is a duplicate or anything, I'm really sorry.
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
drama= episodes that involves a lot of drama.
Posted 1/27/08

ailin350 wrote:

drama= episodes that involves a lot of drama.


That's it? Isn't every TV show like that?

18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

greenleavedluck wrote:


ailin350 wrote:

drama= episodes that involves a lot of drama.


That's it? Isn't every TV show like that?



TV show often involves different people in each Episode. but in dramas, the casts stay the same
Posted 1/27/08

greenleavedluck wrote:


ailin350 wrote:

drama= episodes that involves a lot of drama.


That's it? Isn't every TV show like that?



Not only TV shows , it`s the same with life . For me , dramas are usually TV shows with real people acting to a plot . The other type of drama is ' life drama ' where people create issues that make one feel different kinds of emotions .
Posted 1/27/08

snow-chibi wrote:


greenleavedluck wrote:


ailin350 wrote:

drama= episodes that involves a lot of drama.


That's it? Isn't every TV show like that?



Not only TV shows , it`s the same with life . For me , dramas are usually TV shows with real people acting to a plot . The other type of drama is ' life drama ' where people create issues that make one feel different kinds of emotions .


So...like bullying? Or when someone betrays someone?
Posted 1/27/08

greenleavedluck wrote:

So...like bullying? Or when someone betrays someone?


You could say that . Think about it . Every life is a drama . You`re the main character in your drama . The TV show dramas are there to let people escape from their own problems or give people characters they can relate to . Like Nobuta wo Produce for example . People who are being bullied can relate to Nobuta , the ignored can relate to Akira and the lonely people can relate to Shuji .

Posted 1/27/08

snow-chibi wrote:


greenleavedluck wrote:

So...like bullying? Or when someone betrays someone?


You could say that . Think about it . Every life is a drama . You`re the main character in your drama . The TV show dramas are there to let people escape from their own problems or give people characters they can relate to . Like Nobuta wo Produce for example . People who are being bullied can relate to Nobuta , the ignored can relate to Akira and the lonely people can relate to Shuji .



So basically Drama is the reality versions of anime? Because isn't that the reason why people love anime? To go somewhere else...fantasy? Or am I confusing myself?...

Posted 1/27/08

greenleavedluck wrote:


snow-chibi wrote:


greenleavedluck wrote:

So...like bullying? Or when someone betrays someone?


You could say that . Think about it . Every life is a drama . You`re the main character in your drama . The TV show dramas are there to let people escape from their own problems or give people characters they can relate to . Like Nobuta wo Produce for example . People who are being bullied can relate to Nobuta , the ignored can relate to Akira and the lonely people can relate to Shuji .



So basically Drama is the reality versions of anime? Because isn't that the reason why people love anime? To go somewhere else...fantasy? Or am I confusing myself?...



You could say that . It`s just that dramas usually relate to people . Anime ... doesn`t as much `cause it`s cartoon and anything can happen , like Naruto . Dramas are limited to real life stuff and then there`re special effects to make anything happen . More confusing ? Just take out the movie part .
Posted 1/27/08

snow-chibi wrote:


greenleavedluck wrote:


snow-chibi wrote:


greenleavedluck wrote:

So...like bullying? Or when someone betrays someone?


You could say that . Think about it . Every life is a drama . You`re the main character in your drama . The TV show dramas are there to let people escape from their own problems or give people characters they can relate to . Like Nobuta wo Produce for example . People who are being bullied can relate to Nobuta , the ignored can relate to Akira and the lonely people can relate to Shuji .



So basically Drama is the reality versions of anime? Because isn't that the reason why people love anime? To go somewhere else...fantasy? Or am I confusing myself?...



You could say that . It`s just that dramas usually relate to people . Anime ... doesn`t as much `cause it`s cartoon and anything can happen , like Naruto . Dramas are limited to real life stuff and then there`re special effects to make anything happen . More confusing ? Just take out the movie part .


No it isn't confusing ;P You would make a really good sensei or teacher....Finally got the explanation but... are soap operas and dramas the same?
Posted 1/27/08

greenleavedluck wrote:

No it isn't confusing ;P You would make a really good sensei or teacher....Finally got the explanation but... are soap operas and dramas the same?


I would say so , yes .
Posted 1/27/08

snow-chibi wrote:


greenleavedluck wrote:

No it isn't confusing ;P You would make a really good sensei or teacher....Finally got the explanation but... are soap operas and dramas the same?


I would say so , yes .


Oh no O_o Then why would they have two different names for it?
Posted 1/27/08

greenleavedluck wrote:


snow-chibi wrote:


greenleavedluck wrote:

No it isn't confusing ;P You would make a really good sensei or teacher....Finally got the explanation but... are soap operas and dramas the same?


I would say so , yes .


Oh no O_o Then why would they have two different names for it?


I have no idea . Uhm ...
A soap opera is an ongoing , episodic work of fiction , usually broadcast on television or radio .
Drama is the specific mode of fiction represented in performance . Wikipedia ~
Posted 1/27/08
Performance as in plays?
Posted 1/27/08

greenleavedluck wrote:

Performance as in plays?


Maybe so ... Well , they`re similar , let`s just stick with that .
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.