First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply A Town Where You Live (Kimi no Iru Machi)
22235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 2/8/14 , edited 2/8/14
And there we go. Good bye everyone in this manga. Time for Fuuka!
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/8/14
I don't know what to do now that its over... oh wait I know, I'll read fuuka
15462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Seeking the Future
Offline
Posted 2/8/14
sure it was fast paced, but I'm happy it ended on a good note. if the manga is ever released in the states I'll be sure to buy it. Fuuka was a good read as well. now on to distract myself now that kimi no iru machi is done :'(
18245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/8/14
Apparently there was another fantasy chapter featuring Nagoshi (the highschool girl who thought Haruto was her boyfriend for the longest time). Very short but pretty sweet. A nice read.
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 2/9/14
The ending satisfied me. One or two characters got no closure but all the important ones got at least a bit of "screen" time. Now on to Fuuka. It kinda sucks though that as soon as Crunchyroll gets it it ends. Hopefully Wagatsuma and Yamada aren't ending anytime soon.
48805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 2/9/14

emanny-chan2713 wrote:

sure it was fast paced, but I'm happy it ended on a good note. if the manga is ever released in the states I'll be sure to buy it. Fuuka was a good read as well. now on to distract myself now that kimi no iru machi is done :'(

Well, eventually I hope CR will finish posting the remaining chapters, then it will be released in the States and you can buy the whole thing for a small monthly fee... (Yes, I know you were talking about actual paper books or at least ebooks you can keep... but...)

10309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 2/9/14
I am somewhat more than annoyed by this ending. It reminds me of a game my family plays when we are camping, where we all take turns making up part of a story. When it's time to end someone just closes it all down with a happy ending, even if it doesn't really make sense. I enjoyed a lot of this manga, even the parts that made me rage, but I never recovered from that last breakup. It stopped being a good story at that point. Maybe with time I'll my soften opinion, but I am really disappointed by what appears to be a lack of effort by the author. He did a disservice to his own work by giving me the impression that he was bored with it, and by not treating it with respect at the end.
48805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 2/10/14

Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

I am somewhat more than annoyed by this ending. It reminds me of a game my family plays when we are camping, where we all take turns making up part of a story. When it's time to end someone just closes it all down with a happy ending, even if it doesn't really make sense. I enjoyed a lot of this manga, even the parts that made me rage, but I never recovered from that last breakup. It stopped being a good story at that point. Maybe with time I'll my soften opinion, but I am really disappointed by what appears to be a lack of effort by the author. He did a disservice to his own work by giving me the impression that he was bored with it, and by not treating it with respect at the end.

I agree! It would have been better for Haruto to propose in the train station, then for her to travel back to Kochi with him and for the two of them to talk out a plan that got them married and kept both of their careers alive on the trip. They were both adults and both knew where they ultimately wanted to be, so breaking up without talking about it and then not contacting each other for nearly two years is just plain stupid. Their reunion under the cherry blossoms was sweet, and I appreciate that he had Haruto apologize for being "late" (two years late... and terminally stupid) and I liked the end of the story with the restaurant and the kids and the softball game and all, but the path there could have been much better.

On to Fuuka! I hope he has fresh ideas to use there. (So far, I get the feeling that Fuuka takes after Yamato more than Suzuka...)
18245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/14
Very well spoken, Well spoken :lol:

The author did give the feel that interest was being lost or not enough effort was being put into it. I could see it in the story and quick resolution, and in the last chapter even the artwork was getting choppy. We'll probably get glimpses of Kimi in Fuuka so while I am disappointed, it's bitter sweet. Since Suzuka, Kimi and Fuuka are all in the same time line it feels like the series isn't over, we're just shifting focus to another cast of characters.
10309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 2/11/14

Zensunni wrote:

On to Fuuka! I hope he has fresh ideas to use there. (So far, I get the feeling that Fuuka takes after Yamato more than Suzuka...)


Good. Never liked Suzuka much. I would have been happier if he had gone with any other girl in that story, except maybe the childhood friend.
47759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 2/11/14
Whoa, Seo actually ended it?! Welp. Looks like its time for me to trudge through and marathon these chapters then.
50480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/12/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Whoa, Seo actually ended it?! Welp. Looks like its time for me to trudge through and marathon these chapters then.
Yep, it's all over except for the crying. I loved the ending but not everyone did.
48805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 2/12/14
Favorite section from the final chapter:


I love it! One gets the feeling that
18245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
They just released 200.8 which takes place right after they reunite in Tokyo. Like all the fantasy chapters it's fairly "steamy"...honestly I think this one may be the steamiest.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.